Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejuvenation - Halloween 2rooms Of Oldskool @ The Vaults Oct 31st

Options
  • 08-10-2008 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Next Rejuvenation ....
    Halloween fancy dress Oldskool extravaganza

Oct 31st The Vaults Dublin 1.
    =======================
    V1
    Warren K
    Ed case
    Mick Walsh
    DJ Illusion

Cocktail Bar
    Ken Gardiner
    Daragh Kelly
    DJ Daranoid
    James Devlin
    DJ Pablo

Flyer and more info to follow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Cray92

Looks like a cracker in the makin,tell the wife i wont be around that nite,i think the change of venue will make it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭daragh_k

Cray92 wrote: »
    Looks like a cracker in the makin,tell the wife i wont be around that nite,i think the change of venue will make it even better.

Nice one man ye this is shapin up to be a great night. Make sure u have ur fancy dress at the ready aswell. We will have the flyer and more details on the night up VERY soon. Look forward to meeting ye dwn there mate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Its at wknds like this i wish i was living in Dublin .... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 thedrunkleader

Whats the craic Daragh! Timothy Sniffles here. This nights gonna be a beast. Last years was quality and the change of venue is only a good thing, we all know the cavern can be a bit too much of a sweatbox. Cant wait to see what Will's gonna pull out settin the stage for the big guns. A few people were askin do u have any idea whats on in the other vaults on the night, dance or r+B?

Becki-Jay wrote: »
    Its at wknds like this i wish i was living in Dublin .... :(

Any chance ye might make it down for the night man not that expensive for a room in the isaac hotel cross the road... Sure ye probably wont sleep anyways!!!

• Advertisement

Whats the craic Daragh! Timothy Sniffles here. This nights gonna be a beast. Last years was quality and the change of venue is only a good thing, we all know the cavern can be a bit too much of a sweatbox. Cant wait to see what Will's gonna pull out settin the stage for the big guns. A few people were askin do u have any idea whats on in the other vaults on the night, dance or r+B?

Ah hows it going man good to meet ye out in Bray the other week.. Ye was a great night last year but the Cavern was rammed sweat drippin off the roof but it was a great night... Hopefully this one will be bigger and better this year. Im not sure wats on in the other Vault all I know is its some sort of Corp party!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

NOTE TO THE PROMOTERS

It would be nice to go to something like this without having to listen to the usual Sides/Asylum/Ormond anthems that are constanly played at Old Skool nites in Dublin, don't get me wrong classic tunage but im not the only one sick and tired of listening to the same tunes over and over again year in,year out, there is so much old skool out there, underground stuff that is rarely if ever played, it would be nice to know if one was to attend something like this that some of the DJ's on the nite might play a variety of old skool instead of the usual tunes,i know if i were playing a lot of people wouldn't know much of the stuff id be playing and it would be all 88-94 Old Skool too.

Cheers lads

Jonny;)

jonny68 wrote: »
    NOTE TO THE PROMOTERS

It would be nice to go to something like this without having to listen to the usual Sides/Asylum/Ormond anthems that are constanly played at Old Skool nites in Dublin, don't get me wrong classic tunage but im not the only one sick and tired of listening to the same tunes over and over again year in,year out, there is so much old skool out there, underground stuff that is rarely if ever played, it would be nice to know if one was to attend something like this that some of the DJ's on the nite might play a variety of old skool instead of the usual tunes,i know if i were playing a lot of people wouldn't know much of the stuff id be playing and it would be all 88-94 Old Skool too.

Cheers lads

Jonny;)

Hi Johnny yep fully accept your point here there is a wide range of oldskool tunes out there and I ve seen this point made before that the vast majority of them dont get played at alot of the oldskool nights which is a shame. Also some people are just plan sick of oldskool and thats up to them. The only thing I can say about Rejuvenation is that we try our best to have a theme running with the night. So for example if we have an Olympic night we will ask the headliner and other djs to play an Olympic style set. We had an Asylum hard trance night a while ago and Ed played his classic Hard trance set from the asylum tapes that EVERYONE wanted to hear and thats exactly wat they got and nobody was dissapointed in the night!! If we decide to have an acid house/early oldskool type of night which id love to do it will be tunes from late 80's upwards id expect to hear as u said there 88ish. We have a regular crowd that comes to our nights now and always a good crowd and a great atmosphere so most people know exactly wat to expect at our night and are very happy with it most of the time. This halloween night if u look at the lineup and it being halloween and all its clearly a Asylum/sides type of night so propably u will hear alot of the classics from 92-94 as thats wat the majority want to hear but we always try to play something different aswell!!! Would love to see ye come along with the fancy dress buzz its always a good night.

Cheers mate
    Daragh

Thanks for replying mate, fcuk the people who are tired of old skool, they are merley jealous they missed out and the scene today will never be the same as it was and they cant accept that so bitch about it (all they can do really)

As regards the music, i think the DJ's should at least try play some underground Acid House and 92 Hardcore, ive 8GB's of 91-93 Old Skool Hardcore on my laptop and so much of it would not be known but woulod be guarenteed to blow the roof off, serious music.

How much is it in anyway,will try make it along:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Johnny,
    I know what your talking about in regards oldskool tunes,but what has be said is that oldskool isnt just one type of tunes,its the hard trance asylum stuff and the housey trance sides stuff,the tunes your talking about are late 80s acid house,and breakbeat early 90s stuff and their a different kettle of fish entirely,

Those kinda tunes your about are an acquired taste,I personally love them but f*ck all people into dance music and the oldskool scene would be into them,probably think their ****e,they are purely a UK phenonem,and I think they flew past over here(I stand be corrected as Im only 23),the tunes from the asylum,sides and olympic are a pure Irish phenonem(mainly Dublin),and we were blessed to be exposed to them

If the lads were to have an oldskool night themed with acid house,breakbeat hardcore that your talking about,you'd have aload of youngfellas sitting around straching their heads or a very empty dancefloor,the only night I ever heard these tunes played was 4 years ago when Altern8 played after the Prodigy concert in Traffic

Think its a case stick to what you know man,too much risk playing them kinda tunes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Ah lads ur missing jonnys point & i totally understand were he is comming from & from a former asylum head im sick of the so called asylum & sides sets that get played by the old djs all they play is the so called anthems which are really just the tunes off the tapes & radio classics not the real sound of the asylum & hardcore got played in the asylum all the time from its beginning till its end thats wat was so gr8 about the place, i think the djs are afraid to take a risk & play alot of unknown tunes that people who were not at these clubs wudnt kno so they just play the so called anthems & i lik the rejuv gigs & i really enjoyed ed case's hard trance set but its was not an pure asylum set as a lot of the tunes he played were from 95 lik death row etc,etc & hopfully il make it to this nite & hopully the djs opoen up there record collections a bit & open up a few minds to the hole sound of old skool :cool:

ps. srry i didnt make it back to ur's i was wit a few m8s & didnt want to bring a load back to urs buddy

pps. il c u at rejuv on 31st darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

DUB1 wrote: »
    Ah lads ur missing jonnys point & i totally understand were he is comming from & from a former asylum head im sick of the so called asylum & sides sets that get played by the old djs all they play is the so called anthems which are really just the tunes off the tapes & radio classics not the real sound of the asylum & hardcore got played in the asylum all the time from its beginning till its end thats wat was so gr8 about the place, i think the djs are afraid to take a risk & play alot of unknown tunes that people who were not at these clubs wudnt kno so they just play the so called anthems & i lik the rejuv gigs & i really enjoyed ed case's hard trance set but its was not an pure asylum set as a lot of the tunes he played were from 95 lik death row etc,etc & hopfully il make it to this nite & hopully the djs opoen up there record collections a bit & open up a few minds to the hole sound of old skool :cool:

ps. srry i didnt make it back to ur's i was wit a few m8s & didnt want to bring a load back to urs buddy

pps. il c u at rejuv on 31st darragh
    jonny68 wrote: »
    NOTE TO THE PROMOTERS

Cheers lads

Jonny;)

Thanks for the feedback boys it's always good to hear from the (oul) lads who were there in the good old days but...........

The guys and girls who come into our gigs and I mean every gig are aged 20 to 25 and they seem to love the house and Hardtrance stuff that’s played from the likes of Warren, Ed and Mick and it’s still Asylum Sides stuff just not what you guys would like to hear. Who are we to tell them what to play? We asked Ed to bang it out at the last 1 and you even said it yourself Marc it was a good set and probable as close as we’re gonna get to the old days.

The both of you guys are a part of the hardcore minority but we book the DJ’s from back in the day and ask them to play this or that but at the end of the day they do what they want :pac: Maybe we can do a residents night soon and go back to late 80s for Jonny and very early 90s for Marc for a change but as for this gig we cant stand over anything before the night. You never know what the lads might play.

I know for a fact that the last time we had Warren it got back to him through someone other than us that Marc was giving out on the Asylum thread that Warren was playing the same set all the time so he completely changed it and you didn’t show up lol. It was a great set as always but I’m nearly sure you wouldn’t have liked it though.

I’m sure this night will be a great night we’re getting great feedback and with it being fancy dress and all the ladies going round dressed up in Ann summers outfits and 90% of the people runnnin amok to the tunes being played we’re sure it’ll be one of our best.

Hope to see you lads there, and thanks for your input, hopefully we can continue this conversation in person. Jonny the flyer is running a bit late but it’s 20 Euro in pay at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seannash wrote: »

Yes I have read this thread and thats unfortunate but take a look the facts.. its a premier venue how much do people think it costs?? We have 3 Headliners Oldskool Legends most oldskool nights IF ur lucky put on 1 although in the Past Rejuvenation mostly provides 2 they all have to be paid! Its halloween night and fancy dress people are still talking about the last one we done in the Cavern last year which was 12E admission because are venue cost were far far less!! Its simple econmics Im afraid!!!

oh I'm on your side,I totally understand the price

Ken,everyone else thanks for replying, as much as i love the old Dublin classics but i am tired of hearing them over and over again, think it might be time for the dj's to start playing other old skool there is so so much of it out there still undiscovered even im finding rare Belgian Techno all the time and it's mind blowing music years ahead of it's time, it's still uplifting and id guarantee the crowd would still go for it big time, not just Acid House but a complete mixture of various Old Skool from Acid House, To Techno/Trance to House, right across the board:)

Marc, sound mate catch you again soon.:)

i thought the point of oldschool nights was to hear those tracks you remember from back then being played out again
    whats the point of playing unknown music from back then,you might aswell play unknown music from today.
    kinda defeats the purpose of it being an oldschool night

i thought the point of oldschool nights was to hear those tracks you remember from back then being played out again
    whats the point of playing unknown music from back then,you might aswell play unknown music from today.

Not necessarily, even when i go to certain old skool nites and hear certain tunes i might not know (yes even i don't know absolutely every single old skool track) i get very excited and need to get hold of these tunes, anyway it's all uplifting music to the max anyway.:cool:

if you want a night of new music where does the oldschool vibe fit into that.
    oldschool nights are about reminicing,not trying to educate.
    if i went to something labelled an oldschool night and i didnt know any of the tracks id be pretty dissappointed(well maybe not actually)
    thats like having an 80s night and playing all sorts of underground 80s stuff that noone has heard of and if noone has heard the tunes how do you know or associate it wit a time period,you could just go in and play all new tracks and tell people there oldschool tracks that didnt get played out much.
    lets not try and turn oldschool nights into more than the are

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I don't go to any of these nights but if I did, I would love to hear a selection of techno or house from the early 90's that I may not be familiar with... with the odd pleaser thrown in of course. There was endless good music made back then and regardless of ones chosen genre, it was rare to know it all. Hence the search still goes on for anyone who is into their music.

• Advertisement

Jesus, do you want a large wooden spoon to stir it up a bit more?

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Jesus, do you want a large wooden spoon to stir it up a bit more?
    relax man it was a joke

if you want a night of new music where does the oldschool vibe fit into that.
    oldschool nights are about reminicing,not trying to educate.
    if i went to something labelled an oldschool night and i didnt know any of the tracks id be pretty dissappointed(well maybe not actually)
    thats like having an 80s night and playing all sorts of underground 80s stuff that noone has heard of and if noone has heard the tunes how do you know or associate it wit a time period,you could just go in and play all new tracks and tell people there oldschool tracks that didnt get played out much.
    lets not try and turn oldschool nights into more than the are

I'm always up for listening to new music whether that be recent stuff or obscure old skool ive never heard before and believe me there is still a lot of it especially old Belgian/German Bleep/Techno, i could actually dig out so many tunes from back in the day and play a set and i guarantee not many would even know these tunes are from yesteryear, contrary to some people i don't just go to old skool nites or listen to old skool, in fact i listen to more recent stuff much more than i do old skool but almost always will i incorporate some older stuff into a set,mix and blend.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I don't go to any of these nights but if I did, I would love to hear a selection of techno or house from the early 90's that I may not be familiar with... with the odd pleaser thrown in of course. There was endless good music made back then and regardless of ones chosen genre, it was rare to know it all. Hence the search still goes on for anyone who is into their music.
    so where does the oldschool thing fit in,if your hearing music you never heard before how do you know its oldschool(apparantly it sounds as fresh today as it did back then:rolleyes:)
    whats the point of labeling it an oldschool night if noone knows its oldschool

relax man it was a joke

Yah

so where does the oldschool thing fit in,if your hearing music you never heard before how do you know its oldschool(apparantly it sounds as fresh today as it did back then:rolleyes:)
    whats the point of labeling it an oldschool night if noone knows its oldschool

Well if I take say the Tresor label for example (and other German labels from that time). I knew some of their releases back then but nowhere near enough. I would welcome a DJ set with a focus on a lot of techno from that period/labels. I never said it was fresh as such so no need for rolling eyes.

If its oldskool music, surely you can call it an oldskool night regardless of whether people know the music? :confused:

This tune would be a prime example of an old skool tune from 1988 that still rocks da gaff, i was in Space Ibiza last year and some DJ on the terraza dropped this and the crowd went for it big time.:)

Vintage House

http://www.discogs.com/release/133877

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTq1iXfa6Q

KEN.G wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback boys it's always good to hear from the (oul) lads who were there in the good old days but...........

from the likes of Warren, Ed and Mick and it’s still Asylum Sides stuff just not what you guys would like to hear. Who are we to tell them what to play? We asked Ed to bang it out at the last 1 and you even said it yourself Marc it was a good set and probable as close as we’re gonna get to the old days.
    who r u...? ur the promter who pays the dj ken & the point i was making was that the djs play the same asylum/sides tunes all the time & yea ed did bang it out & i did enjoy his set but it wasnt an asylum set

The both of you guys are a part of the hardcore minority but we book the DJ’s from back in the day and ask them to play this or that but at the end of the day they do what they want :pac:
    :pac::pac:

I know for a fact that the last time we had Warren it got back to him through someone other than us that Marc was giving out on the Asylum thread that Warren was playing the same set all the time so he completely changed it and you didn’t show up lol. It was a great set as always but I’m nearly sure you wouldn’t have liked it though.

thats cause he was ffs Yea & i said ot to his face as well, i d/l that set & tbh he only changed the set by 2 or 3 tunes lol & i will say it to him halloween nite as well :cool:

Hope to see you lads there, and thanks for your input, hopefully we can continue this conversation in person. Jonny the flyer is running a bit late but it’s 20 Euro in pay at the door.

il b there more than likly & im not giving out, im just making the point the djs should open up there collections a bit & play soome of the real classics from the asyllum,sides,fantazia,etc,etc & not just the same old tunes all the time,for example u should not hear the same tune twise in the one nite but it always happens

Yea for ppl who went to the clubs will rember the tunes but most ppl who go to old skool nites these days are only between 20-25 so the only tunes they kno are oof the tapes r the radio classics so the djs should educate the new ppl with a broud range of tunes that got played in all our gr8 clubs

• Advertisement

DUB1 wrote: »
    il b there more than likly & im not giving out, im just making the point the djs should open up there collections a bit & play soome of the real classics from the asyllum,sides,fantazia,etc,etc & not just the same old tunes all the time,for example u should not hear the same tune twise in the one nite but it always happens
    nothing wrong with playing a tune twice in one night.done it plenty of times,as do alot of djs:D

Advertisement