Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE RETRO HOME AND AWAY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Dannii Manouge was too!

My parents HATED it!! tried to ban it imagine. Exaggerated my misery and when spoke argued that the news was more likely to corrupt my growing mind. Ahh the memuries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

dlofnep wrote: »
    I remember the actor who played Pippa changed. One week she's Pippa, next week she is some other one.. They acted as if it was just the same person. I remember being really confused by this.

Also, that little blondy guy Sam. What happened to him?

sam is now a pro surfer :D in real life like

ok, i watched home and away since like, forever, i remember loads a people in it, there was lance and marty, floss and nevill, tom and pippa, nick and shane parish, frank and bobbi, fisher and marilyn, alf, ailsa, morag and celia, sally and a whole list of men including but not confined to 2 guys, gus and spider, when she was goin thru her goth phase, there was carly and ben, steven and celina, irene had a daughter, finn, and 2 sons, can only remember one, damien, um....there were alsovery briefly two aboriginal characters, think one was called kevin, they didn't last long. i've left out like a million of em i'm sure, they're just the ones that spring to mind :)

......oh, and adam cameron,he was dotey, remember him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

jack
    angel and nick
    ailsa
    pippa and michael
    bobby
    shannon
    don fisher
    the creepy cult fella. cant remember his name.

does anyone remember when irene dressed up for christmas with christmas lights all around her and then they went on fire.

and how many people have lived in the bedroom in that house! everyone seems to be in it... i so wanted to live there!

how many people have actually lived in 'pippas house'.

jack
    angel and nick
    ailsa
    pippa and michael
    bobby
    shannon
    don fisher
    the creepy cult fella. cant remember his name.

does anyone remember when irene dressed up for christmas with christmas lights all around her and then they went on fire.

and how many people have lived in the bedroom in that house! everyone seems to be in it... i so wanted to live there!

how many people have actually lived in 'pippas house'.

too many lol,i forgot about poor michael, didn't he drown or somethin? poor pippa had no luck with men
    and then there were sophie and erm, can't remember what his name was in it, he's guy pierce in real life, and heath ledger was in it for a lil while too

does anyone remeber the episode that michael palin was in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Forgot about this little stunner, Chloe

kw1nofreckle_1_1.jpg

And this beaut Rebecca Fisher, sadly the actress Belinda Emmett died two years ago from cancer, aged 32 :(

Belinda-Emmett-1.jpg

What were the names of the two dopey fellas who lived in the caravan park now and again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There used to be this music they'd use when there was a sad hugging moment....I'd love to hear that again so if there's any old clips floating around I'd love to see them

too many lol,i forgot about poor michael, didn't he drown or somethin? poor pippa had no luck with men
    and then there were sophie and erm, can't remember what his name was in it, he's guy pierce in real life, and heath ledger was in it for a lil while too

does anyone remeber the episode that michael palin was in?

michael drowned in the big flood!! i think it was sam that fell into the river and was being swept away and michael went in to save him but got washed away....

was bobby killed in a speed boat when it hit a log?

god just had a flashback to biddy being killed in glenroe... how did i manage that lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSkzhVaqS2g

this clip has a few old faces in it

michael drowned in the big flood!! i think it was sam that fell into the river and was being swept away and michael went in to save him but got washed away....

was bobby killed in a speed boat when it hit a log?

god just had a flashback to biddy being killed in glenroe... how did i manage that lol!

yup bobbi was killed in the boat log incident, boat being steered by adam cameron, then she appeared as a ghost in ailsa's fridge when ailsa started goin a bit ga-ga,
    remember alan fisher? flatheads son that died? actually, now i think of it, flathead sure had alotta kids creep out the woodwork down thru it, must have been quite the man-ho in his day (shudder shudder)

aw, biddy:( she was a housewife to look up to she was,i hope i serve my man aswell as she served miley

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

IanCurtis wrote: »
    What were the names of the two dopey fellas who lived in the caravan park now and again?

Lance Smart and Martin Dibble.

yup bobbi was killed in the boat log incident, boat being steered by adam cameron, then she appeared as a ghost in ailsa's fridge when ailsa started goin a bit ga-ga,
    remember alan fisher? flatheads son that died? actually, now i think of it, flathead sure had alotta kids creep out the woodwork down thru it, must have been quite the man-ho in his day (shudder shudder)

aw, biddy:( she was a housewife to look up to she was,i hope i serve my man aswell as she served miley

she went out in style though in fairness... going really slow and then hit a bale of hay... ya dont see that too often...

anyway back to home and away. who was spider?? there was someone in coronation street called spider alright... cant think of anyone in home and away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Lance and Martin, I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vqc-7PePoU

Beaten to it by spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Saul was the chap from the cult, evil bastid.

saul2.jpg

I remember Craig McLachlan being in it for a while, he had the mad laugh, like a donkey braying. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

kw1nofreckle_1_1.jpg
    Oh yes...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I remeber Gypsy andTravis and Greg he was married to Bobbi.Dont forget Steven he went out with Selins for years.Finlay DAMIEN AND SOMEBODY ELSE WHERE iRENES KIDS AND DIDNT iRENE HAVE A BABY FOR HER DAUGHTER.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kw1nofreckle_1_1.jpg

Real name? Can only vaguely remember her...
    And this beaut Rebecca Fisher, sadly the actress Belinda Emmett died two years ago from cancer, aged 32 :(

Belinda-Emmett-1.jpg

Scary. Two actresses played the one character and both are now dead. :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_and_away#Deceased_cast_members

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

stovelid wrote: »
    I was a Sophie fan too.
    Sophie was the best....had a massive crush on her when I was a young lad

Sophie1.jpg

kw1nofreckle_1_1.jpg

I was in love with both of them :o
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Real name? Can only vaguely remember her...

Kristy Wright. She's recently been spotted on a tv ad over here. Still looks stunning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristy_Wright

KristyWright.jpg

Kristy_Wright3.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

The big house burned down a couple of years ago in a bush fire. Saw a pic of it in a magazine all burnt - v sad :(
    They must still be re-hashing very old pics these days so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Kristy Wright. She's recently been spotted on a tv ad over here. Still looks stunning.

How very true!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wasn't there a crusty-lite girl called Angel as well? Liked her too. Or was that was that Neighbours?

edit: found her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

stovelid wrote: »
    Wasn't there a crusty-lite girl called Angel as well? Liked her too. Or was that was that Neighbours?

edit: found her.

Nope H&A. She was well cool. There was a plaited fenzy amongst my school. Ah when soaps had the impact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    I'll still never get over Meg dying in Blakes arms on da beach!:(
    I cried! :(
    themadchef wrote: »
    Names, fishers long lost daughter...was it Bobbi? Morag the nasty auntie from hell type
    Morag was Bobby's mother, and she was a big meanie back in the day:mad:
    marti101 wrote: »
    I remeber Gypsy andTravis and Greg he was married to Bobbi.Dont forget Steven he went out with Selins for years.Finlay DAMIEN AND SOMEBODY ELSE WHERE iRENES KIDS AND DIDNT iRENE HAVE A BABY FOR HER DAUGHTER.
    Nathan was Irene's eldest son, and Irene was indeed a surrogate for Finlay, then as can only happen in the soaps, Finlay got pregnant, and iirc Irene then wanted to keep the baby she'd had:rolleyes::pac:

Oh and Guy Pierce played David Croft, he was only in it long enough to impregnate Sophie before dying:( but he left his mark! Does anyone else remember Sophie trying to keep her pregnancy secret, and she kept shoplifting baby stuff from the chemist:eek:
    oh and Craig McLachlan played Grant Mitchell, the teacher who sussed that Sophie couldn't read when she got herself electrocuted in the Surf Club
    Those were the days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Angel was with Shane, who died in the soap and she went off with some rich fella a short while after. Rack off! Love it.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Melissa George, the actress who played Angel, has been easily one of the most successful Home & Away exports. Her roles since have included 'The Amityville Horror', 'Derailed', '30 Days of Night' and the tv show 'Alias'.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Melissa George, the actress who played Angel, has been easily one of the most successful Home & Away exports. Her roles since have included 'The Amityville Horror', 'Derailed', '30 Days of Night' and the tv show 'Alias'.
    And not forgetting her role as 'the hot nanny' in Friends...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 buer25

Awwww I love Dieter Brummer (Shane)

Loved loved loved him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I think Isla Fisher is prob the most succesful though she was in Wedding Crashers and had a baby for Sacha Baron COhen.Lisa Lackey[Roxie ]was in Bones last week and Ryan Kwanten was in some god awful horror[Vinnie].They do seem to be hopping up all over the shop lately

Ryan Kwanten was also in an episode of Tru Calling, and is due to be one of the leads in a new vampire series.
    Isabel Lucas(Tasha) will be in the next Transformers movie too (in RL she was the passenger in the car that Shia Lebeuf (sp?)crashed!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah, Vinnie is in "True Blood." Nearly died when I saw him in it! He's really good in it, but it's a bit strange watching Vinnie in some fairly graphic sex scenes!

And Angel is going to be in the new series of Grey's Anatomy. I'll never forget her managing to walk down the aisle for her wedding to Shane. And then Shane died from a cut on his hand. Classic.

Advertisement