Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% Irish Taxi Drivers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Quick Question guys, I'm going to a wedding in the sticks on saturday and the hotel is pretty far away from main roads. Hotels booked up and I don't want the driver to go though the main roads because it doubles the time of the journey. And I wont be sober enough to direct in my state. Can I book a taxi for the night and then hand him definate (google maps) directions to where i want to go on the night to make sure I shan't get shafted whilst I'm drunk?

It's a pretty backroadish route. Should be well within my right to make sure he goes that way right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

question is are you willing to pay that taxi driver to stay with you all night. Does a cat refuse milk? I am sure nobody will refuse money, How much are you going to offer him to stay all night. ****e ill do it myself. Bit of realism buddy , stay sober or ring your mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

samsham wrote: »
    question is are you willing to pay that taxi driver to stay with you all night. Does a cat refuse milk? I am sure nobody will refuse money, How much are you going to offer him to stay all night. ****e ill do it myself. Bit of realism buddy , stay sober or ring your mother.

Oh no, I just need the ride home. I'll be there anyways after the weddin, only the hotels booked up and I may go home instead on stayin.

only a suspician but I wouldn't hand a taxi driver a map , especially if he's foreign, he might just think you taking the mickey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is this from the same taxi drivers who's forum got shut down, its always from the same type, its not local about knowledge just local ignorance.

infact, its the 100% and the irish that gives away their pointed attack, being irish is no use to a dublin taxi if the irishman is from galway, its right for people to advertise their products as being local, but they havn't done that.

• Advertisement

completely lost. whats the above posting about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Beats the crap out of me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Irish Taxi Driver,

Simply because ye get a better class of bull**** out of them, some of the stories ye hear, jaysus they'd turn the milk in your tae sower!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

He's talking about the taxi drivers forum at taxi.ie that was shut down a few months ago because of the level of racism on it. I think some racism council got involved. I read the forum a couple of times and it was pretty shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    then hand him definate (google maps) directions to where i want to go on the night to make sure I shan't get shafted whilst I'm drunk?

It's a pretty backroadish route. Should be well within my right to make sure he goes that way right?

And how will you prove he is going the right way if your pissed drunk in the back o the car,

I recently discovered Taxi's in the country (or up in Carndonogh, Donegal anyway) are dirt cheap, so if its in a isolated place like that i wouldn worry about price.

• Advertisement

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    He's talking about the taxi drivers forum at taxi.ie that was shut down a few months ago because of the level of racism on it. I think some racism council got involved. I read the forum a couple of times and it was pretty shocking stuff.
    I am still lost, what has that got to do with us and this topic. and his latest post, can you translate that too?

i think the taxi driving you home at the weekend won't be the only one lost, there a few on this post lost as well.

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    what is this and who is it directed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

We should only have Irish taxi drivers, foreigners are hated by the majority of Irish people as it is. It's unfair for them to have another reason.

from what I hear Taxi drivers are hated by all the people regardless of color.

Are you just trying to get your post count up?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I use 2 different taxi drivers regularly in Drogheda, one is local the other is Romanian. Both are very reliable and cars are immaculate.

Its very simple, reliable clean taxi and you will get customers.
    Dirty cab with driver who has allergy to shower and deodorant doesn't get business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    Oh no, I just need the ride home. I'll be there anyways after the weddin, only the hotels booked up and I may go home instead on stayin.

Oh you may go home after asking the taxidriver to come and pick you up....fair play on you at least he might get a fare then.....

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Oh you may go home after asking the taxidriver to come and pick you up....fair play on you at least he might get a fare then.....

Fair play to him....and fair play to everyone else who stands on the side of the road with their thumb out when they see a taxi coming with its light on in the hope that it may stop and they may get a lift home and the driver might not be an asshole that will just ignore them and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Fair play to him....and fair play to everyone else who stands on the side of the road with their thumb out when they see a taxi coming with its light on in the hope that it may stop and they may get a lift home and the driver might not be an asshole that will just ignore them and keep going.

Methinks a liitle bit different from ordering a taxi to an out of the place location on the possibility that you may want to go home..

But as to the lights on taxis, tell it to the regulators office it's their concern. Personaly I agree with you, light on available/light off not available.

• Advertisement

well if he is asking a taxi to collect him out in the sticks, then I am assuming the taxi has left his/her meter area, so would not have its taxi light on. You with the taxi forum, do you know this taxi.ie and what the previous post was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

well if he is asking a taxi to collect him out in the sticks, then I am assuming the taxi has left his/her meter area, so would not have its taxi light on. You with the taxi forum, do you know this taxi.ie and what the previous post was about.
    can i come in here and explain about what was this taxi .ie
    it was a forum for taxi drivers to moan and winge ,and shoot the breeze .one night a couple of posters were joking about the nn drivers [in a slagging way ] the media got hold of the story and as per usual exploded it out of all proportion .something like [taxi drivers site racist ] this attracted every kind of weirdo ,kkk,nazi etc to the site .they signed in as supposed taxi drivers and had their rant .the owner /mod done a runner and the site just went from worse to worse till it was eventully closed by the hosts .
    there were some genuine taxi drivers who tried to stop the sh1t but some of the loonies just ran amok

can i come in here and explain about what was this taxi .ie
    it was a forum for taxi drivers to moan and winge ,and shoot the breeze .one night a couple of posters were joking about the nn drivers [in a slagging way ] the media got hold of the story and as per usual exploded it out of all proportion .something like [taxi drivers site racist ] this attracted every kind of weirdo ,kkk,nazi etc to the site .they signed in as supposed taxi drivers and had their rant .the owner /mod done a runner and the site just went from worse to worse till it was eventully closed by the hosts .
    there were some genuine taxi drivers who tried to stop the sh1t but some of the loonies just ran amok
    ok thanks. i think I read a post on it in here before, just confused by one of the posters to this discussion, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

feel equally unsafe in either...i feel safer on the nitelink tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    feel equally unsafe in either...i feel safer on the nitelink tbh :)

Never in all my years have i got a nite link, never have probably never will.

If what i get in the car is anything to go by i wouldnt like to be surrounded by drunks/pissers/pukers (usually have the choice).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Never in all my years have i got a nite link, never have probably never will.

It ain't called 'The Fight Link' for nothing!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Irish of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Mairt wrote: »
    It ain't called 'The Fight Link' for nothing!.

Been looking at the site €5 per person, 4 in a taxi maybe a extra €1 per person to get me home?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=29n

And then there's the walk home after the bus drops me home:(

Nah not for me i shall use a SPSV service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Been looking at the site €5 per person, 4 in a taxi maybe a extra €1 per person to get me home?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=29n

And then there's the walk home after the bus drops me home:(

Nah not for me i shall use a SPSV service.

It has been a long time since I have been in town in the early hours, but from my experience it was impossible to get a taxi at that time, the nite link was quite frequent and my route was trouble free.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    It has been a long time since I have been in town in the early hours, but from my experience it was impossible to get a taxi at that time, the nite link was quite frequent and my route was trouble free.

Shush! ....taxi drivers want you to believe they are the only safe, *cough* cheap *cough* and frequent form of public transport.

Advertisement