Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair again...€1 flights Sept & Oct

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

kingaaa wrote: »
    Just like I thought, your obviously single with no kids - at least I hope you are or your kids have some wet miserable holidays to look forward to. If you think combing travelling parties bag weights does'nt make sense for the passenger and the airline(avoids disruption and delays at check-in) I dont think I'll reply to any more of your posts, you clearly dont want or are incapible of having an intelligent debate about the topic.

Why the hell are you bringing your kids on Ryanair? You know they are a no-frills airline. Not suitable for people going to Spain for a crappy two week holiday. Ryanair never intended to cater to that market. The mind boggles.

If you want better service, suitability for children, more comfortable seats and to be able to bring massive suitcases with you then fly with someone else. The rest of us will carry on using Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just like I thought, your obviously single with no kids - at least I hope you are or your kids have some wet miserable holidays to look forward to.
    I never left the country until I was 19. As a child we holidayed in Ireland and enjoyed it too. Either put up with extra stress of flying abroad (especially with cheap airlines) or don't go abroad.

There are plenty of places to bring kids on holidays in Ireland. This year a friend of mine brought his 3 kids to trabolgan in cork and had a great time.
    If you think combing travelling parties bag weights does'nt make sense for the passenger and the airline(avoids disruption and delays at check-in) I dont think I'll reply to any more of your posts, you clearly dont want or are incapible of having an intelligent debate about the topic.
    You are the one that is trying to fight their policy and you are the one giving out about them when someone tries to break their policy.
    How is having seats allocated a luxury or "frill"?
    It slows down boarding since people are searching for specific seats instead of just taking the first empty seat that they reach. Without these differences Ryanair would not be able to operate cheaply via a 25min turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I dont think I'll reply to any more of your posts, you clearly dont want or are incapible of having an intelligent debate about the topic.

And LOL at the last line
    How is expecting something thats not part of the standard package offered, anything but an extra?

We could be here all day. You don't accept that Ryanair can offer some people what they need (despite several people telling you they do). They don't suit you or your family. You're not going to sue them again, so why are you still complaining about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

And this isnt a stealth charge? charging you for something every other airline has as a standard.

The reason for not having seats allocated has already been explained. Fly with Aer Lingus ffs.

The combined weight is the only thing I think you have said that's an ok idea.

The combined weight is the only thing I think you have said that's an ok idea.
    but for all we know there might be either an agreement with the ground handlers or rules that state that if the bags are over 15kg then containers and equipment have to be used since I see Ryanair do it by hand whereas Aerlingus use containers and conveyor belts etc. Thus if combined weight is used then there is no guarentee that a baggage item will be 15kg or under. You have the option of paying for a second bag which is discouraged via a charge due to the delay and costs extra bags will have on offloading the airplane of luggage. Basically Ryanair want that airplane in the air asap with the next load of passengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Wow! these posters seem to be getting either younger of less intelligent! In this day and age I would imagine most people on this board would book their own holidays on the internet, cutting out the middle-man i.e. travel agent. Sometimes ryanair or the "no-frills adult-only" airline as a previous poster seems to beleive, are the only airline you can use. If they were never meant to service "crappy 2 week holidays in Spain", why do they fly to The Feutaventura,Tenerife, Alicante, Reus, Girona, Malaga, Palma,Seville, and Faro in the Algarve?

As for 2 weeks in trabolgan, Axer I think your starting to show Masochistic tendencies! I like my kids to get a bit of vitamin B every now and then.

Dodge wrote: »
    And LOL at the last line

How is expecting something thats not part of the standard package offered, anything but an extra?

We could be here all day. You don't accept that Ryanair can offer some people what they need (despite several people telling you they do). They don't suit you or your family. You're not going to sue them again, so why are you still complaining about them?

When did I sue them?

Wow! these posters seem to be getting either younger of less intelligent! In this day and age I would imagine most people on this board would book their own holidays on the internet, cutting out the middle-man i.e. travel agent. Sometimes ryanair or the "no-frills adult-only" airline as a previous poster seems to beleive, are the only airline you can use. If they were never meant to service "crappy 2 week holidays in Spain", why do they fly to The Feutaventura,Tenerife, Alicante, Reus, Girona, Malaga, Palma,Seville, and Faro in the Algarve?
    Thats absolute rubbish. How can you post this now when earlier you posted that you're never going to use them again? So what is it? Make up your mind?

My suspicion is that you went with the cheapest option rather than having no option at all.

When did I sue them?

type. I meant use them...

And LOL at the last line

They also advertise themselves as the "online airline", would it be too difficult to book your seats online when booking the tickets? I understand 99% of their bookings are online. I only booked tickets the other day with Virgin travelling in January and was able to choose the seats there and then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

As for 2 weeks in trabolgan, Axer I think your starting to show Masochistic tendencies! I like my kids to get a bit of vitamin B every now and then.

Look you've proved yourself to be an idiot multiple times over that can't even understand the basic concept of budget and now can't understand the business decision behind not being able to book seats. Don't now try to make yourself feel better by calling others an idiot.

I see people like you every week on that show airline and do you know what? They usually don't get there way because there wrong or they don't know how to treat the staff.

It's the same here where I work....I hear stories from the customer service dept. Usually the ones that treat the reps with respect get their way and can even sometimes get the rep to go out of their way. People that ring up making stupid complaints and that are disrespectful never get anything done easily and never get the rep to go out of there way.

From your last post it sounds like you don't have any respect for the staff and that's probably why you never get your way and demand much more than you've paid for. Some people pffff.

axer wrote: »
    Basically Ryanair want that airplane in the air asap with the next load of passengers.

Not really true as they can't leave before their sceduled time, so if everyone is in their seat with 10 minutes to go, they still have to wait. The baggage think doesn't matter either they generally don't deal with individual bags but with "packages"** of baggage

** I'm sure there's a technical term

They also advertise themselves as the "online airline", would it be too difficult to book your seats online when booking the tickets? I understand 99% of their bookings are online. I only booked tickets the other day with Virgin travelling in January and was able to choose the seats there and then.

I'd imagine that Virgin spent a good deal on that particular software package. Something Ryanair are unwilling to do.

Thats absolute rubbish. How can you post this now when earlier you posted that you're never going to use them again? So what is it? Make up your mind?

My suspicion is that you went with the cheapest option rather than having no option at all.

I actually made my mind up while this thread was ongoing that I was'nt going to use them again.If you had read my posts fully you would see that I was originally looking for flights to Malaga. The last time I used them was in June going to Feurtaventura. There were no other options.It was on the journey home that they made one of the party transfer 1kg from one bag to another. It was only recounting my experiences with this airline while posting on this thread that I decided not to use them again. Since then I've only been replying to people who quite astonishngly seem to take it personal that I actually dont like the airline.In fact I think you were quoted earlier saying the same thing. I just got on to say I could never find one of these magical £1 seats - thats all.

I'd imagine that Virgin spent a good deal on that particular software package. Something Ryanair are unwilling to do.

Did'nt book it with Virgin direct, booked with Cheapticets.com. The seat allocation was on their site and all they got was a €22 commision for 4 passengers.

but for all we know there might be either an agreement with the ground handlers or rules that state that if the bags are over 15kg then containers and equipment have to be used since I see Ryanair do it by hand whereas Aerlingus use containers and conveyor belts etc. Thus if combined weight is used then there is no guarentee that a baggage item will be 15kg or under. You have the option of paying for a second bag which is discouraged via a charge due to the delay and costs extra bags will have on offloading the airplane of luggage. Basically Ryanair want that airplane in the air asap with the next load of passengers.

Unless you know that is fact you should'nt really speculate, although if Aer Lingus have a limit of 20kg I doubt that is the case.

Look you've proved yourself to be an idiot multiple times over that can't even understand the basic concept of budget and now can't understand the business decision behind not being able to book seats. Don't now try to make yourself feel better by calling others an idiot.

I see people like you every week on that show airline and do you know what? They usually don't get there way because there wrong or they don't know how to treat the staff.

It's the same here where I work....I hear stories from the customer service dept. Usually the ones that treat the reps with respect get their way and can even sometimes get the rep to go out of their way. People that ring up making stupid complaints and that are disrespectful never get anything done easily and never get the rep to go out of there way.

From your last post it sounds like you don't have any respect for the staff and that's probably why you never get your way and demand much more than you've paid for. Some people pffff.

I would never treat people with disrespect i.e. call them an idiot (which,by the way, I'm not).As I deal with the public myself I know that it's not the people at the cold-face that make these policies,but bright sparks like yourself that will probably never have to deal with the public.But their staff on the ground have to be given a touch of flexability, 1kg over in one bag and 3 other bags about 14kg under the weight all travelling together - it just does'nt make sense but we did it with no complaint. I could understand it if the bag was just for one single passenger travelling alone, but it's not as if the plane was 1kg lighter - it was just transferred to another bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭richieb

in the early eighties it cost 240 pounds to fly to london from cork , well over 2 weeks wages. now you can fly for a couple of euro, long may it continue, last night i booked cork to glasglow for 1 euro each way and 10 euro credit card charge, total 12 euro. this past year i booked malta twice, london 8 times ,east midlands once ,liverpool 4 times ,paris twice venice once, all for small money . since ryanair came on the scene we could afford foreign holidays more often,the last time i flew aer lingus was 2002. the service may be crap but the price is right for me

Lol, Why? Is there more Vitamin B in Spain?

There is nothing wrong with holidaying in Ireland.
    Unless you know that is fact you should'nt really speculate, although if Aer Lingus have a limit of 20kg I doubt that is the case.
    Aerlingus use containers and conveyor belts/trailers for their luggage. They do not unload from the airplane by hand like Ryanair do.

Lol, Why? Is there more Vitamin B in Spain?

Aerlingus use containers and conveyor belts/trailers for their luggage. They do not unload from the airplane by hand like Ryanair do.

No, but there is from sunshine - something we dont really get here.Ryanair load their bags the same way as Aer Lingus, they are transported from the baggage hall via dollies, and then loaded into the Aircraft via conveyor. Health and Saftey would'nt have it any other way.

Richieb - you probably made the most valid point of this thread.In my opinion this is the only good thing ryanair have done for the travelling public, they are certainly responsible for cheaper flights across the board.Does this mean we should just shut up and take what we are given? a lot here seem to think so.Myself, I feel that there is a lot of unnecisary stress added to a journey with them, stresses that could be eradicated without major costs maybe just some attitude/policy changes.

• Advertisement

No, but there is from sunshine - something we dont really get here.
    Really? Which Vitamin B would it be? Vitamin B12? B9? B3?
    Ryanair load their bags the same way as Aer Lingus, they are transported from the baggage hall via dollies, and then loaded into the Aircraft via conveyor. Health and Saftey would'nt have it any other way.
    Not from what I have seen. I have always seen them unload the bags by hand.

Besides it seems that it is Servisair/GlobeGround that are pushing for the excess baggage charges to be applied without mercy and not Ryanair.

Does this mean we should just shut up and take what we are given? a lot here seem to think so.Myself, I feel that there is a lot of unnecisary stress added to a journey with them, stresses that could be eradicated without major costs maybe just some attitude/policy changes.

The only peopl who are stressed are those who don't understand what they paid for. If you pay the extra (and it'll still be cheaper) you can have first choice on seats and your bags packed. A little bit of an attitude change from yourself can see that you'll have the correct weight in the bags before you go.

If you you're happy enough to pay for it, Ryanair can help ease your stress.

If I could afford it, I'd never use them. When I do, I know what I'm doing...

The only peopl who are stressed are those who don't understand what they paid for. If you pay the extra (and it'll still be cheaper) you can have first choice on seats and your bags packed. A little bit of an attitude change from yourself can see that you'll have the correct weight in the bags before you go.

If you you're happy enough to pay for it, Ryanair can help ease your stress.

If I could afford it, I'd never use them. When I do, I know what I'm doing...

Dodge, it was'nt actually me who was over-weight - it was my elderly mother-in-law who did'nt have a scales on hand in Feutaventura. My attitude was perfectly civil to the check-in clerk and we done it with no complaint.Just seemed a bit silly to me but then I'm obviously on a different wave-lenght to you guys. God forbid a frail woman in her 70's should be given any allowances for mistake.

Axer, dont know what airport you use but I can tell you now, there are no aircraft off loaded by hand in Dublin.A guy in the cargo hold puts them onto a conveyor, a guy at the end puts them onto either a little vehicle with lots of trailers, or into dollies.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

No, but there is from sunshine - something we dont really get here.Ryanair load their bags the same way as Aer Lingus, they are transported from the baggage hall via dollies, and then loaded into the Aircraft via conveyor. Health and Saftey would'nt have it any other way.

Aer Lingus use containers which are filled in the baggage hall, towed out and then loaded into the plane. At the far end they are unloaded, towed into the baggage hall and then emptied. Not a bag is touched .

Ryanair put the bags on trailers and load them using belts/people into the plane - sweet all mechanised handling there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

parsi wrote: »
    Aer Lingus use containers which are filled in the baggage hall, towed out and then loaded into the plane. At the far end they are unloaded, towed into the baggage hall and then emptied. Not a bag is touched .

Ryanair put the bags on trailers and load them using belts/people into the plane - sweet all mechanised handling there.

Other than the conveyor belt :rolleyes:

parsi wrote: »

Now you are being silly, how do the bags get into the containers? This is my last post here because I think its gone right off the subject.There are people here just trying there best to pick holes in any comment I make, and to be honest, just plain pedantic.I expressed an opinion on this thread - I was never rude to anybody just expressed my point of view and commentted on some of my experiences with ryanair.I'm not asking anybody to agree,but just to get involved in debate on the matter.They have been rude, made statements that I'm positive if they had have been in my position would have a totally different attitude, and just been downright aggressive.Anytime I counter-argued a point they moved on to the next argue of the toss.

Good luck lads and I genuinley hope you keep getting what you want from ryanair - but they're not for me any more.

Cheers

Now you are being silly, how do the bags get into the containers?
    Conveyor belts?
    This is my last post here because I think its gone right off the subject.There are people here just trying there best to pick holes in any comment I make,
    Its like trying to find holes in a fishing net.
    and to be honest, just plain pedantic.I expressed an opinion on this thread - I was never rude to anybody just expressed my point of view and commentted on some of my experiences with ryanair.I'm not asking anybody to agree,but just to get involved in debate on the matter.
    People are debating the matter. The problem for you is that very few agree with you and you don't like that.
    They have been rude, made statements that I'm positive if they had have been in my position would have a totally different attitude, and just been downright aggressive.Anytime I counter-argued a point they moved on to the next argue of the toss.
    Really? It seems like you were skipping on to the next arguement when you were not getting anywhere.
    Good luck lads and I genuinley hope you keep getting what you want from ryanair - but they're not for me any more.
    Thank god because I wouldn't like being stuck on a 2-3 hour Ryanair flight with someone moaning beside me that they were not being treated like a king the whole flight.

Conveyor belts?

Its like trying to find holes in a fishing net.

People are debating the matter. The problem for you is that very few agree with you and you don't like that.

Really? It seems like you were skipping on to the next arguement when you were not getting anywhere.

Thank god because I wouldn't like being stuck on a 2-3 hour Ryanair flight with someone moaning beside me that they were not being treated like a king the whole flight.

Axer, give it a rest. You think a conveyor belt loads bags into a container? shows you've been talking through your a**e and you dont actually know what your talking about.I think out of all the posters you've been the most agressive because you did'nt like what I was saying.Check back over your posts and get a grasp on your aggresive language.I think your the one not to be sitting beside on a flight if your going to be that abrasive - you've even invented baggage policies for ryanair without knowing what your talking about.

I think you need a couple of weeks in Bundoran or Trabolgan to chill out.

Axer, give it a rest. You think a conveyor belt loads bags into a container?
    Not that it is important but how is it done then since you seem to know?
    shows you've been talking through your a**e and you dont actually know what your talking about.I think out of all the posters you've been the most agressive because you did'nt like what I was saying.Check back over your posts and get a grasp on your aggresive language.I think your the one not to be sitting beside on a flight if your going to be that abrasive - you've even invented baggage policies for ryanair without knowing what your talking about.
    I speculated and said it is possible that they do not want to deal with bags over a certain weight. I never implied I knew that for sure.

It turns out that it is servisair/globeground that do not want to deal with bags that are overweight unless an excess charge has been paid. I guess that is Ryanair's fault? Do you owe them an apology?

Lol, I haven't been aggressive at all. You are the one giving out about them actually applying their policies, the terms you (and your mother-in-law) agreed to when purchasing the tickets.
    I think you need a couple of weeks in Bundoran or Trabolgan to chill out.
    Lol, but I won't be able to get Vitamin B (lol) from the sun there.*

* Just to point it out to you since I don't think you will get the joke - you cannot get Vitamin B from the sun.

• Advertisement

These containers are called bamburies (not sure if its the right spelling) and they are a similar shape to the cargo hold.The bags have to be stacked in them by hand and they have to be completley filled, a conveyor belt wont do that.

You have been agressive.I came on here to put my point across that I dont feel that these so-called bargains are'nt all they are cracked up to be.I never got abusive or agressive.You have been both.

Maybe I'm mixing up vitamin b with vitamin d, I'm not quite sure, but there are vitamins absorbed through the sking from direct sunlight.

If only you were half as smart as you think you are.Its a discussion board and an open forum.I'm all on for intelligent debate and while I may not agree with other people, I'll take on board what they say as a valid point and listen to what they are saying.If I disagree I'll reply with my point of view and why I disagree.No need to be nasty or insulting.

Your just another bloke hiding behind a pc and an internet connection who can only take out your agression on-line. Maybe you were picked on in school or were one of the bullies, but when you grow up and want to have a normal adult conversation maybe you'll get a bit farther in life.

Advertisement