Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair again...€1 flights Sept & Oct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

kingaaa wrote: »
    OK, this is the last time I'm going to say this as you dont seem to understand what I'm saying.

Fact 1. Ryanair sale state that they are selling 3 million seats for £1 one way

Fact2. Ryanair states that there will be no othe tax,fees or charges

Fact3. Ryanair says "Booking Period: Wed 10th Sep 08 - Sun 14th Sep 08
    Travel Period: Tue 23rd Sep 08 - Fri 31st Oct 08
    Applicable Days: Mon - Thurs & Sat (subject to availability)
    Blackout Period: 17th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from Edinburgh / Glasgow (Prestwick)
    24th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from UK / Ireland
    Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer"

Fact 3. I tried booking as soon as the sale started on sept 10th, travelling on a thursday and monday (check above,these are the days for the £1 flights)

Fact4. It would have cost me well over €500 for 2 adults, and there were extra tax,fees and charges.

Now if Ryanair are sellin 3 MILLION seats for a quid, are you trying to tell me that none of these will apply to the Malaga route? Even if there were only 1000 flights for £1 on each route, thats 3 thousand routes - they dont have that many. And dont give me any waffle about staying the weekend, thats the days they say these seats are for sale, monday and thursday.Oh, and by the way - just for pig-iron I checked all the previous and next days, not a £1 flight in sight.

I'd still like to hear from somebody that actually got a £1 flight, and exactly where it was to.Surley the whole 3 million flights cant be going to their more far-flung routes? That just dont make sense!

Going Out
    Adult 1.00 EUR Tue, Oct 07
    Flight FR 812 06:30
    07:30 Depart
    Arrive Dublin (DUB)
    Edinburgh (EDI)

Coming Back
    Adult 1.00 EUR Thu, Oct 09
    Flight FR 817 16:55
    17:55 Depart
    Arrive Edinburgh (EDI)
    Dublin (DUB)

Important Information
    All travel is offered in accordance with Ryanair General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage.
    Separate fees apply for airport check-in/checked baggage (15kgs per person/no pooling)/excess baggage/sports/musical/infant equipment - see Terms and Conditions of Travel for further details.
    Flight dates, times, routes and passenger names are changeable subject to applicable charges - please see Terms and Conditions of Travel for details.
    All fares, airport taxes/fees and charges are non-refundable.
    On unused tickets - the only refundable element is the Government Tax, which is subject to a reasonable administration fee.

Important!
    I have read and accept Ryanair's Terms and Conditions, Website Terms of Use, photo ID policy and the above Important Information and I will advise all other passengers travelling as part of this reservation of these conditions.

(Please check box to continue.)
    Pricing
    Going Out (Web Fare)
    2 Adult @ 1.00 EUR 2.00 EUR
    Taxes/Fees details 0.00 EUR
    Coming Back (Web Fare)
    2 Adult @ 1.00 EUR 2.00 EUR
    Taxes/Fees details 0.00 EUR

Total Cost of Flight 4.00 EUR

Excluding handling fee (if applicable)
    click here for information on handling fees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You have been agressive.I came on here to put my point across that I dont feel that these so-called bargains are'nt all they are cracked up to be.I never got abusive or agressive.You have been both.
    If you have a problem with any my posts them report them. I have not been aggressive, I just disagree with you and know that these bargins can be gotten which has been proven by others on this thread. Just look at the post before this.
    Maybe I'm mixing up vitamin b with vitamin d, I'm not quite sure, but there are vitamins absorbed through the sking from direct sunlight.
    Not important but Vitamin D is created in the skin from exposure to sunlight.
    If only you were half as smart as you think you are.Its a discussion board and an open forum.I'm all on for intelligent debate and while I may not agree with other people, I'll take on board what they say as a valid point and listen to what they are saying.If I disagree I'll reply with my point of view and why I disagree.No need to be nasty or insulting.
    If you think I was nasty or insulting then report the posts. I, however, respectfully disagree that I was.
    Your just another bloke hiding behind a pc and an internet connection who can only take out your agression on-line. Maybe you were picked on in school or were one of the bullies, but when you grow up and want to have a normal adult conversation maybe you'll get a bit farther in life.
    Sure, of course you know who I am.

I hope you read the article I linked to about Servisair/GlobeGround pushing to make sure people are charged for excess baggage. Often (if not nearly always from my experience) it actually is not Ryanair staff that man the check-in desks (especially in the smaller airports) - it is usually staff from Servisair/GlobeGround thus maybe you should make your complaint about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Come on ladies, put your handbags away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

axer wrote: »
    If you have a problem with any my posts them report them. I have not been aggressive, I just disagree with you and know that these bargins can be gotten which has been proven by others on this thread. Just look at the post before this.

Not important but Vitamin D is created in the skin from exposure to sunlight.

If you think I was nasty or insulting then report the posts. I, however, respectfully disagree that I was.

Sure, of course you know who I am.

I hope you read the article I linked to about Servisair/GlobeGround pushing to make sure people are charged for excess baggage. Often (if not nearly always from my experience) it actually is not Ryanair staff that man the check-in desks (especially in the smaller airports) - it is usually staff from Servisair/GlobeGround thus maybe you should make your complaint about them.

I did read it Axer and found it interesting.It did make a bit more sense of your point about weights.I also agree if I was a baggage handler I would'nt like to be lifting 25kg bags, but that was'nt really my point.I was talking about 1kg that made no difference to the weight on the plane as it was being transferred to another bag.I also dont think it would have been the straw that broke the baggage handlers back and I know that once they are weighed at check in, they are'nt individulally weighed by the baggage staff.The point I was trying to get across was that there could have been a touch of flexibility with the 1kg and I also thought the check-ins staff was a bit insensative to my 79 year old mother.Most oap's get very embarrissed and flustered when they are pulled up on anything like this - then she panicked because she could'nt find the keys to the case.This was all at the top of the que with all the people behind getting a bit impatient.

Yor tone has definitley change - not so confrontational.Thats all I'm looking for, a calm discussion.

I did read it Axer and found it interesting.It did make a bit more sense of your point about weights.I also agree if I was a baggage handler I would'nt like to be lifting 25kg bags, but that was'nt really my point.I was talking about 1kg that made no difference to the weight on the plane as it was being transferred to another bag.I also dont think it would have been the straw that broke the baggage handlers back and I know that once they are weighed at check in, they are'nt individulally weighed by the baggage staff.The point I was trying to get across was that there could have been a touch of flexibility with the 1kg and I also thought the check-ins staff was a bit insensative to my 79 year old mother.Most oap's get very embarrissed and flustered when they are pulled up on anything like this - then she panicked because she could'nt find the keys to the case.This was all at the top of the que with all the people behind getting a bit impatient.
    More than likely it was Servisair/GlobeGround that was at the checkin desk since the Ryanair staff usually only work at the boarding gates (could be different for bigger airports). As you can see from that leaked memo that those staff are pressurised by Servisair/GlobeGround management to charge for all excess baggage no matter how small - that is not Ryanair although I can imagine even if Ryanair were running the checkin desk they would be under the same pressure from Servisair/GlobeGround.

• Advertisement

More than likely it was Servisair/GlobeGround that was at the checkin desk since the Ryanair staff usually only work at the boarding gates (could be different for bigger airports). As you can see from that leaked memo that those staff are pressurised by Servisair/GlobeGround management to charge for all excess baggage no matter how small - that is not Ryanair although I can imagine even if Ryanair were running the checkin desk they would be under the same pressure from Servisair/GlobeGround.

That would make more sense alright, it was a small airport in Feurteventura and I would imagine the check-in work is contracted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

I got cheap flights to Budapest, the outward flight was 0 euro (zero), return total 61 incl. CC fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

2 adults 2 children + 1 bag €100 all in.. that inlcudes €30 visa payment and €20 for a bag. and because I want to check in a bag. I have to get them all to check in at a cost of €40 typical ryanair. charge for everything. still €25 to go to east midlands from shannon ain't bad!!

Couldn't you have made two separate bookings? One for the person checking in the bag, the other for the remaining passenges?
    Glad its worked out for you. I dont think many like O'leary or the company itself, infact if there was just a difference of €50 or less between Aer Lingus and Ryanair - I'd always opt for Aer Lingus.But these sales bug the s**t out of me.I NEVER can find one of these flights for €1. I tried yesterday as soon as I got the email to book Malaga. The days I picked going out and coming back are actually listed as the travel days on sale. But €500+ ? I think its only Ryanair staff and family that get these wonder flights!
    OK, this is the last time I'm going to say this as you dont seem to understand what I'm saying.

Fact 1. Ryanair sale state that they are selling 3 million seats for £1 one way

Fact2. Ryanair states that there will be no othe tax,fees or charges

Fact3. Ryanair says "Booking Period: Wed 10th Sep 08 - Sun 14th Sep 08
    Travel Period: Tue 23rd Sep 08 - Fri 31st Oct 08
    Applicable Days: Mon - Thurs & Sat (subject to availability)
    Blackout Period: 17th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from Edinburgh / Glasgow (Prestwick)
    24th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from UK / Ireland
    Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer"

Fact 3. I tried booking as soon as the sale started on sept 10th, travelling on a thursday and monday (check above,these are the days for the £1 flights)

Fact4. It would have cost me well over €500 for 2 adults, and there were extra tax,fees and charges.

Now if Ryanair are sellin 3 MILLION seats for a quid, are you trying to tell me that none of these will apply to the Malaga route? Even if there were only 1000 flights for £1 on each route, thats 3 thousand routes - they dont have that many. And dont give me any waffle about staying the weekend, thats the days they say these seats are for sale, monday and thursday.Oh, and by the way - just for pig-iron I checked all the previous and next days, not a £1 flight in sight.

I'd still like to hear from somebody that actually got a £1 flight, and exactly where it was to.Surley the whole 3 million flights cant be going to their more far-flung routes? That just dont make sense!

Ryanair had a similar sale covering the same dates a little over two weeks ago. It's not inconceivable that a lot of the routes were taken then. I booked 5 flights between here and the UK for a total of 30 euro. If I had a Visa Electron card (which ironically I used to, when it was useless), it would have cost me 5 euro.
    I'm getting to two football matches, and a connecting flight for a week away, which I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

I've had problems before getting the advertised €1 flights, on the dates and routes I wanted, but I don't see any great conspiracy in it.

Out of curiosity, did you price your flights with another "full-price" airline? How much was that?

MOH wrote: »
    Couldn't you have made two separate bookings? One for the person checking in the bag, the other for the remaining passenges?

Ryanair had a similar sale covering the same dates a little over two weeks ago. It's not inconceivable that a lot of the routes were taken then. I booked 5 flights between here and the UK for a total of 30 euro. If I had a Visa Electron card (which ironically I used to, when it was useless), it would have cost me 5 euro.
    I'm getting to two football matches, and a connecting flight for a week away, which I couldn't have afforded otherwise.

I've had problems before getting the advertised €1 flights, on the dates and routes I wanted, but I don't see any great conspiracy in it.

Out of curiosity, did you price your flights with another "full-price" airline? How much was that?

I priced it with Aer Lingus and both prices were very similar.I'm not saying its a great conspiracy - I think its more a case of false advertising.I lierally tried booking as soon as the sale was announced, and I would have thought with 3 million seats I would have got a sniff of a cheap seat.I'm only going if I can get a bargain flight as I have to watch the pennys due to a family holiday to Orlando in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just noticed this is still in bargain alerts. Anyone want to move it to travel?

• Advertisement

Just got an email from ryanair saying they are having an 8 million seat sale for €10 each way including tax,fees and charges.Malaga is'nt included but it is listed in the sale for €23.27 each way including tax,fees and charges.These flights are only on a Monday, thursday and saturday.Blackout period 17th of october to 3rd of november.I put in a search for thursday the 2nd flying out, coming back on monday the 6th.It works out a €253.70 before credit card fees.I tried all the previous and next days but there was no sign of a €23.27 flight.This is my point I originally tried to make.Its on the web-site for this price, but when I try to go through the booking process they're no-where to be seen.I know they are sublect to availability, but I was actually at the computer when the email came in and got on to the site straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Just got an email from ryanair saying they are having an 8 million seat sale for €10 each way including tax,fees and charges.Malaga is'nt included but it is listed in the sale for €23.27 each way including tax,fees and charges.These flights are only on a Monday, thursday and saturday.Blackout period 17th of october to 3rd of november.I put in a search for thursday the 2nd flying out, coming back on monday the 6th.It works out a €253.70 before credit card fees.I tried all the previous and next days but there was no sign of a €23.27 flight.This is my point I originally tried to make.Its on the web-site for this price, but when I try to go through the booking process they're no-where to be seen.I know they are sublect to availability, but I was actually at the computer when the email came in and got on to the site straight away.

You just need to be flexible. As it said there's 8 million seats available. Flights are subject to availability.

You just need to be flexible. As it said there's 8 million seats available. Flights are subject to availability.

workaccount, I did try all the previous days available and all the next days available, could'nt find one single flight for the price advertised.

workaccount, I did try all the previous days available and all the next days available, could'nt find one single flight for the price advertised.

Within what date range?

Is it to one destination? - must be very popular.

Within what date range?

Is it to one destination? - must be very popular.

Going to Malaga
    flying out 2nd october
    returning 6th october

There ya go. November 4th - 12th. 0 Euro plus taxes and charges = 53.72 (plus cc fee) return for a 2 hour flight. Thats not bad.

You are trying to book a flight that is little over 2 weeks away. Of course the flight will be fairly well sold by now.

There ya go. November 4th - 12th. 0 Euro plus taxes and charges = 53.72 (plus cc fee) return for a 2 hour flight. Thats not bad.

You are trying to book a flight that is little over 2 weeks away. Of course the flight will be fairly well sold by now.

yeah I know its close now, but beleive me I've been chasing these for a few months now

yeah I know its close now, but beleive me I've been chasing these for a few months now
    Maybe others are going to the same event you want to go to thus have booked it ages ago. You do see it is possible to get those prices then - you just have to be flexible.

Maybe others are going to the same event you want to go to thus have booked it ages ago. You do see it is possible to get those prices then - you just have to be flexible.

I do agree that these flights can be had, I've just never had any sucsess finding them.I mean they advertise millions of these flights,but they always seem to be gone in seconds.

I do agree that these flights can be had, I've just never had any sucsess finding them.I mean they advertise millions of these flights,but they always seem to be gone in seconds.
    They also have millions of customers.

• Advertisement

The flights your trying to get deals on might have been fully booked before the sale started.

The flights your trying to get deals on might have been fully booked before the sale started.

Do you think? Its hard to beleive that Malaga in October would be booked out months in advance.Anyway, looks like its not happening so not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Please mods close this thread, its been a moan fest for the last few days, and no longer on topic.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Well a new sale started today to more destinations than before, so maybe a new topic can be made for that

Please mods close this thread, its been a moan fest for the last few days, and no longer on topic.

MC

Well it's actually back on topic now.

MC

If its bothering you that much,just dont read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I've been trying for two days now to book 2 return flights (dublin to salzburg) with no success, they are advertised at €10 incl charges, every combination of dates I try gives the same message " no flights available on the date you entered " & the usual 4 or 5 reasons why, the aerlingus booking site is much better as it lets you see what days are available & the cost on each day.
    ( I've never used ryanair & I have a gut feeling their only waiting to screw me in some way)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

lensman wrote: »
    I've been trying for two days now to book 2 return flights (dublin to salzburg) with no success, they are advertised at €10 incl charges, every combination of dates I try gives the same message " no flights available on the date you entered " & the usual 4 or 5 reasons why, the aerlingus booking site is much better as it lets you see what days are available & the cost on each day.
    ( I've never used ryanair & I have a gut feeling their only waiting to screw me in some way)

use skyscanner.net to find cheapest flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

If its bothering you that much,just dont read it?

Because we have to listen to you drone on about not getting cheap flights but it seems you don't really know how to use the RyanAir website to book a flight...

End of.

MC :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because we have to listen to you drone on about not getting cheap flights but it seems you don't really know how to use the RyanAir website to book a flight...

End of.

MC :rolleyes:

you dont have to listen to anything you dont want to, plenty of other threads on the board.Or ore you just another cyber-hardman that tries to push his weight about on forums?like I said before, if you dont like whats being said on the thread,p**s off!

Advertisement