Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

80GB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Ok..I was wrong..(sort of) it's covered by Directive 1999/44/EC. This incorporates minimum guarantee of 6 years on products. Other countries in the EU have less. Where the 6 years originated from I thought was the 1980 Act. It may have been the Statute of Limitations Act now that I think about it.

Anyway here is the link :

http://www.euroconsumatori.org/16856v18340d18510.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Flaccus wrote: »
    Ok..I was wrong..(sort of) it's covered by Directive 1999/44/EC. This incorporates minimum guarantee of 6 years on products. Other countries in the EU have less. Where the 6 years originated from I thought was the 1980 Act. It may have been the Statute of Limitations Act now that I think about it.

Anyway here is the link :

http://www.euroconsumatori.org/16856v18340d18510.html

Now, were gettting to it. I don't think Ireland signed up to that.

we did. that is why it was ammended to 6 years for us over the statute of limitations we have already which allows for a claim over this time period. what we did not sign up for was 2 years which is standard in most of the eu. just click greece for example on the link i posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

This is all, well and good, but try explaining this to the guy behind the counter in GAME/HMV/X-V etc. He is not gonna buy it, either is his manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

why do you need 80 gigs of hard drive. i got 20 wid my 360 and its fine

• Advertisement

This is all, well and good, but try explaining this to the guy behind the counter in GAME/HMV/X-V etc. He is not gonna buy it, either is his manager.

That's what the small claims court is for and only costs 15euro. I resorted to this a year ago with a washing machine that was 6 months over the manufacturers guarantee.

Overature‚ unlike the 360, alot of ps3 games install a fair chunk to the hard drive. DMC4, GTAIV and MGS4 take over 14gigs alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Was looking on GAME website and they have 80gb ps3 with MGS4 for less than €390 delivered from uk or you can choose to pick it up from a store of your choice. Anyone buy it this way ? with exchange rate being good now its better to order online off them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,178 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Personally think the Xtra Vision 80gb with any game is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

how much is the ps3 80gb and any game in xtravision?

410e. Checked it today.

• Advertisement

Going to the North tomorrow. PS3 would work out cheaper I imagine but are there any warranty issues I need to think about.

I mean if it breaks I could just ring Sony, no? Rather than bring it back up?

EDIT: Game are selling them in the UK with a game for 310strl (about 390e). XV doing same for 410.

20E difference not worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

noodler wrote: »
    410e. Checked it today.

There is an offer of 410 for the 80GB and one game to the value of 69.99 in Xtravision but it doesn't start until the 23rd of this month or something I was told.

I asked in an xtra vision in Newbridge on Tuesday and they rold me the deal. They didn't mention anything about the 23rd tho.

I doubt thats true. Maybe the store in question just had none in?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

noodler wrote: »
    I asked in an xtra vision in Newbridge on Tuesday and they rold me the deal. They didn't mention anything about the 23rd tho.

I doubt thats true. Maybe the store in question just had none in?

Sorry the store made a mistake and head office rectified it for them so the deal in Xtravision is as follows for anyone interested:

80GB PS3 console with any game upto the value of €69.99 for €409.99.
    If you buy another game at the same time you get €10 off the second game.

Advertisement