Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership,etc 29/30/31 August

Options
  • 29-08-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Chelsea V Spurs @ 2/5 (Playing Sunday)

Can't argue against Chelsea here. Have started the season very strongly, with a 4-0 win at Stamford Bridge against Portsmouth and scrappy 1-0 win at Wigan last week. Conversely, Spurs have yet to get off the mark going down twice to a scoreline of 2-1 away to Boro and at home to Sunderland last week. Can't see them nicking anything from this game either.

Chelsea have scored early, and have come out fighting in their first 2 games, with Deco's 4th minute strike last week, and 2 goals in the first 25 minutes against Portsmouth the week before. Thus the HT/FT Chelsea/Chelsea may represent value @Evens.

As an aside, PP are refunding all losing scorecast singles, correct score and first/last goalscorer singles if Deco scores in 90 minutes. A bit of dutching on the 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 could work out very nicely here.
    (He has scored in their opening 2 games).

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to say there are no terribly attractive bets in the English or Scottish leagues for me, but you make a decent case for the above. Spurs pre-season form has crumbled a la Liverpools. Chelsea should boss the game through sheer "presence" in midfeild.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Chelsea were really bad against Wigan and were outplayed for the 1st half, but Spurs have been appalling. I can't see Spurs scoring but Deco might so Paddypower scorecast doesn't seem that bad for once, 2-0 or 3-0 might be way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Okay people, the following is just an interest bet, but one that came up for me a few times last season and this is the first week I'm doing it this season.

Anytime Goalscorers, 5 euro acc;
    • Santa-Cruz 15/8 (v West Ham Away)
    • Zaki 2/1 (v Hull Away)
    • Defoe 9/4 (v Everton Away)
    • Adebayor 11/10 (v N'castle Home)
    Returns- 294.33

Anytime Goalscorers 5 euro acc;
    • Nasri 4/1 (v N'castle Home)
    • Davies 5/2 (v West Brom Home)
    • Yakubu 15/8 (v P'mouth Home)
    • Ashton 9/5 (v Blackburn Home)
    Returns- 704.38

*Odds- Paddy Power*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

mike65 wrote: »
    I have to say there are no terribly attractive bets in the English or Scottish leagues

Mike

Agreed, it's a very tight coupon this week, with the likes of Hull V Wigan ,Celtic V Rangers, Villa V Liverpool and lots of similar ties that could go either way, almost impossible to call. Still very early in the season too.
    Could be a lot of draws this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

wyndham wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a very tight coupon this week, with the likes of Hull V Wigan ,Celtic V Rangers, Villa V Liverpool and lots of similar ties that could go either way, almost impossible to call. Still very early in the season too.
    Could be a lot of draws this weekend.

yea i'm looking for a few draws this weekend myself

Premier League Matches
    Aston Villa v Liverpool
    31-08-2008 16:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 3.20

Premier League Matches
    West Ham v Blackburn
    30-08-2008 15:00
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 3.25

Premier League Matches
    Hull v Wigan Athletic
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 3.20

Coca Cola C'ship Matches
    Wolves v Nottm Forest
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 3.40

returns ~113/1

i'll be over at the wolves game, so there's still a chance i might be happy if its a 0-0 snooze fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Not much this weekend in the Prem. Have a double on Boro to beat Stoke at 8/13 and Chelsea to beat Spurs at 2/5. Pays 2.71
    I'm not that familiar with Serie A but Inter away to Sampdoria @ 10/11 seems a good bet.
    La Liga's 1st week back has a few good bets. The 4 Champions league teams are at good prices. I have treble on
    Deportivo vs Real Madrid @ EVS
    Numancia vs Barcelona @ 8/15
    Atletico Madrid vs Malaga @ 4/9

Also Osasuna vs Villarreal @ 11/8 is worth a bet.
    My only worry with the bets is that Van Nistelrooy and Van der Vaart were sent off in the Spanish Super Cup and I'm not sure if they are suspended for the Depor game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i think wigan have a shout and at 2/1 they're worth a go...
    putiing them with chelsea and boro..... still very early in season to rely on any form

If the net is being cast wider then

Derry/Waterford to win tonight and Vitoria/Gremio/Botafogo in Brazils Series A should be good. In Sweden Kalmar is the obvious Nap.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Apologies friends but I am casting my footie betting curse on the following draw double;

Hull/Wigan and West Ham/Blackburn, approx 9/1

mike65 wrote: »
    If the net is being cast wider then

Derry/Waterford to win tonight and Vitoria/Gremio/Botafogo in Brazils Series A should be good. In Sweden Kalmar is the obvious Nap.

Mike

that is a wide net.... Mike, is your knowledge of brazilian and swedish domestic footie stats based or do you follow their leagues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

my wee tips for the weekend.

Wins for

Everton
    Stoke
    Wigan
    Charlton
    Villa

Draw
    Chelski/Spurs

corban

Its stats based, I watch the odd Brazilian league game on Sportsxchange channel NTL 417. What I find is that the home advatange in Brazil is very important and there are very few upsets. I dont bet every week but when I do its always got me a return (I dont do straight accus - go for patents/fourfolds etc).

I also check google blogs, type in say Swedish League and see what comes up :)

I just checked the Derry/Wateford results win/win and I was not on them (typically I was really looking for a trixie but was not confident about any other tie this evening. Shams beat Cork 3-0!)

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Yes wyndham, fancy Chelsea to beat Spurs handy enough, dont think Spurs will score going for a 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 meself 6/1, 6/1 7/1 and 2-1 7/1 with PP great value! Also doing a 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 to Arsenal against Newcastle.Although Newcastle are a team on form, they have an abysmal record against the gunners and Arsenal will be out to prove a point after last weeks shock defeat to Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Straight forward triple for me -

1 Schalke v Bochum (Backing Schalke @ 1.45)
    2 Leeds v Bristol Rovers (Backing Leeds @ 1.6)
    3 Middlesbrough v Stoke (Backing Middlesbrough @ 1.6)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

HT/FT - Chelsea/Chelsea @ 11/10

Southampton V Blackpool @ 5/6

Reading V Palace @ 5/6

Cheltenham V Leicester @ Evs

Gillingham V Accrington Stanley (Accrington who?) @ 8/11

5 yoyos on the accie @ c23/1 for an interest bet. ( All PP)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 greystoke

Barnsley v Derby County
    Backing Derby @3.25 (25 euro)

Watford v Ipswich Town
    backing Ipswich @3.2 (25 euro)

Bolton v West Brom (Backing Bolton @ 2.08)
    West Ham v Blackburn (Backing Blackburn @ 2.94)
    20 euro win each
    20 euro double @ 6.11

Italian Football
    Sampdoria v Inter (Backing Inter @ 1.92)
    Udinese v Palermo (Backing Udinese @ 2.04)
    20 euro win each
    20 euro double @ 3.91

www.puntersedge.com/forums

• Registered Users Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Arsenal vs Newcastle Draw at 3-1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 40 greystoke

expect arsenal to win but their price is too short @1.42

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Football threads merged.

Feckin Leeds have cost me today.

I did 4 aways this weekend. P'mouth and Wigan won today, relying on Man City and Liverpool to bring it on home tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I can't belive someone backed Derby. 36 games without a win.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

****ers won the other night when I backed against them. Barnsley are in pretty bad shape too so I kind of see the logic but then again "WHY?"

Anyway, hope they get relegated. Worst ever side to grace the Premiership - showed absolutely no spirit/fight/bottle whatsoever and was easy to see they'd struggle in a tough hard fought league like the Championship

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Okay people, the following is just an interest bet, but one that came up for me a few times last season and this is the first week I'm doing it this season.

Anytime Goalscorers, 5 euro acc;
    • Santa-Cruz 15/8 (v West Ham Away)
    • Zaki 2/1 (v Hull Away)
    • Defoe 9/4 (v Everton Away)
    • Adebayor 11/10 (v N'castle Home)
    Returns- 294.33

unlucky!! santa just let u down...... (dunno why this is in bold, but i cant get rid of it :confused:)

corban wrote: »
    i think wigan have a shout and at 2/1 they're worth a go...
    putiing them with chelsea and boro..... still very early in season to rely on any form

i cant believe i'm saying this but come on chelski.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How much have you on and how much of a return are you looking at? Could be worth laying off if you're looking at a serious few quid?

unlucky!! santa just let u down...... (dunno why this is in bold, but i cant get rid of it :confused:)

Nah mate Adebayor didn't score either. I got a bit greedy. I was confident of Zaki and Defoe but not of Roque and Adebayor. Should have taken those two out and put Torres and maybe Anelka in.

Collie D:"How much have you on and how much of a return are you looking at? Could be worth laying off if you're looking at a serious few quid?"

i have a €70 acc on so looking at getting about €475 back.... inc stake.. if chelsea win that is???

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nah mate Adebayor didn't score either. I got a bit greedy. I was confident of Zaki and Defoe but not of Roque and Adebayor. Should have taken those two out and put Torres and maybe Anelka in.

sorry i was told adebayor scored but it was van persie, but its a bet i might consider in the future... perhaps keep it to 2/3 players max

i have a €70 acc on so looking at getting about €475 back.... inc stake.. if chelsea win that is???

Nice. Spurs are playing below par at the moment and I can't see them causing Chelsea too much hassle at the Bridge.

I have a €5 accumulator on stretching from today to tomorrow. Wigan and P'mouth did the job today and I'm hoping Pool and Man City do it tomorrow. Looking at about 253 back, not bad for a 5er if it works out!

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    How much have you on and how much of a return are you looking at? Could be worth laying off if you're looking at a serious few quid?

think i'm gonna let it roll

Advertisement