Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

At this time no one can explain why he got one, but I am likely to believe it is due to having got a fairly good score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

At this time no one can explain why he got one, but I am likely to believe it is due to having got a fairly good score.

Thats what i was worried about.:(

Just very quick if he only did the a/c a week ago.

Well it makes sense thats why he got it.

Last campaign it seemed that those who scored highest got vetting and medical first.

So this time it seems the same thing is happening, only now they are making a quicker start on it so that people will be through the process and ready to start when the time comes.

Dont take this at truth its just what I make of it all. You may still have scored well yourself,dont panic yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Last campaign it seemed that those who scored highest got vetting and medical first.

So this time it seems the same thing is happening, only now they are making a quicker start on it so that people will be through the process and ready to start when the time comes.

Dont take this at truth its just what I make of it all. You may still have scored well yourself,dont panic yet.

Ok thanks for your help with this, i will just continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

GCBC I think you're right. They have obviously picked a benchmark score and people hitting this or above are getting Vetted quickly. My moneys also on Medicals starting before the end of August.
    Some people are getting pass letters well before the six weeks are up as well.
    I'd say there will be C14 candidates going in with the tail end of C13 intakes at this rate of going.

And fingers crossed you get the call next week chum;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

I read on the post somewhere that it can take up to 1 year to finish vetting if you aren't from N. Ireland. Well I am but my partner isn't. Will that influence the time it'll take to get the vetting finished?

FootyFan24 wrote: »
    I read on the post somewhere that it can take up to 1 year to finish vetting if you aren't from N. Ireland. Well I am but my partner isn't. Will that influence the time it'll take to get the vetting finished?
    There have been instances of the GS taking a year to process Vetting.
    Theres no way you can hurry it up, when its done, its done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Hey all!

I've had word that someone has recieved a letter back saying that they have passed their vetting - and they only sent their forms away maybe 3 weeks ago! Is that unusually fast?? What's happening?! Anyone else here passed their vetting already?

They must be taking the hand. Don't see how they could vet someone so quick, especially when people from campaign 13 are still being vetted

Feck!

No-one tell PYG she'll bust a gut!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Feck!

No-one tell PYG she'll bust a gut!!!!!!!!:eek:

Never a truer word has been said. Quick, start editng those last couple of posts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Jim got vetted and started in 6 weeks. He finished his ac........Got vet forms.....did med......started!
    Think it all depends on how much info they have to process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Too late PYG has read it. Im not fussed about vetting because 3/4 of mine was N/A and they rest is very straight forward. Im just relieved i passed the AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

PYG, have you received your pass letter yet? Or are you taking the vetting forms to mean you've passed. I'm in the same boat as you, having received the vetting forms a fortnight after sitting the A/C. If you've got your pass letter, how long after the AC did it arrive?

Thanks

Hey MrFug.

*I had my Ac on 9th June
    *Got vetting forms on 21st June
    *Sent vetting away on 25th June
    *Got Ac pass letter there on thursday- 6 weeks 3days after my AC.

Though many got theirs well within the 6 weeks time frame.

PapaYankeeGirl will C14s Jim - first out of the gate and first past the post ( or the gates of garnerville! ):D

PapaYankeeGirl will C14s Jim - first out of the gate and first past the post ( or the gates of garnerville! ):D

What??:confused:

There was a guy called Jim whowas in C13 and whizzed through the process - he acually went into Garnerville with C12 candidates.

So there you have it, the legend of Jim!!

Thats you that is!!!

There was a guy called Jim whowas in C13 and whizzed through the process - he acually went into Garnerville with C12 candidates.

So there you have it, the legend of Jim!!

Thats you that is!!!

Oh thanks I feel like a legend!!!!:D:D

Im away to watch TV. Il be on later!!! Was having a shufty at the menu there. YUM YUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dvc1976

Hello all, I just want to say that I think this theory (about receiving vet. forms quickly after the AC means a high score) just can't be right. I left the AC almost certain that I'd performed badly - I went about one of the role plays from totally the wrong angle and felt like a right plonker in the situational interview -yet I recieved my vet. forms within two weeks and recieved my pass letter today. Also, in the last campaign everything flew really quickly after the AC. Medical and vetting both cleared within 8 weeks- subscribing to the theory of "speed=good" I figured I was in, but alas the "dear john" arrived at the begining of January.
    Last year I really put my life on hold for this, but this time around I'm just gonna relax and let things run their course - I suggest everyone else does the same.
    Best of luck !!

• Advertisement

dvc1976 wrote: »
    Hello all, I just want to say that I think this theory (about receiving vet. forms quickly after the AC means a high score) just can't be right. I left the AC almost certain that I'd performed badly - I went about one of the role plays from totally the wrong angle and felt like a right plonker in the situational interview -yet I recieved my vet. forms within two weeks and recieved my pass letter today. Also, in the last campaign everything flew really quickly after the AC. Medical and vetting both cleared within 8 weeks- subscribing to the theory of "speed=good" I figured I was in, but alas the "dear john" arrived at the begining of January.
    Last year I really put my life on hold for this, but this time around I'm just gonna relax and let things run their course - I suggest everyone else does the same.
    Best of luck !!

I had the same experience as you last time round. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one to go through the vetting & medical only to receive a "Dear John" in January. Never got any feedback about my vetting though. :(

In C13 people got vetted early. Some started at Garnerville, some got dropped.

Vetting, at this stage, means nothing more than that you've passed the A/C. I can't conceive why anyone failing would be vetted and to date this seems to be the case.

Still, you may find that it's anyone scoring late 40's and above who are receiving the forms. Not necessarily good enough to get in, but not a bad score.

Oh thanks I feel like a legend!!!!:D:D

You are!! The leg-end of PapaYankeeGirl will live forever! :D

carlty888 wrote: »

Still, you may find that it's anyone scoring late 40's and above who are receiving the forms. Not necessarily good enough to get in, but not a bad score.

Seems a bit of a waste of time/resources don't you think?

Do you know the required score to get in or is it literally from the highest scoring applicant downwards until they reach their target numbers?

Theoretically, if everyone performed badly at AC they would still have to take the top 440 wouldn't they?:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

dvc1976, my situation is pretty close to yours. I received vets and a pass form early despite having left the A/C thinking I had made a bollox of it in parts.

It's easy to get too wrapped up in all the positive conjecture about what receiving forms early means. The PSNI is an extremely difficult profession to enter so even from the outset, without sound too pessimistic, it's always 'unlikely' that we will get in. That's just the nature of the beast.

I'm just thankful I've gotten this far, which is an achievement in itself, but I agree with what your saying. We should keep our feet on the ground and not read too much into when we receive forms.

Couldn't have put it any better than that MrFug!!!

dvc1976 wrote: »
    Seems a bit of a waste of time/resources don't you think?

Do you know the required score to get in or is it literally from the highest scoring applicant downwards until they reach their target numbers?

Theoretically, if everyone performed badly at AC they would still have to take the top 440 wouldn't they?:D;)

The PSNI will take the highest scoring applicants (dependant on passing medical and vetting). Top 220 RC's, top 220 non-RC's.

In the last campaign a score in the late 40's and above was good enough for RC's and mid-late 50's for non-RC's.

These scores are no guarantee however. Technically someone could score 60 and not get in because 220 people from his religeous background score higher. Likewise, if everyone performs badly, a lower score could be good enough.

I figured it was like that, there must've been loads of really high scoring candidates last campaign 'cos my score at the AC last year was pretty high and I still didn't get!!!!:o

MrFug wrote: »
    I'm just thankful I've gotten this far, which is an achievement in itself, but I agree with what your saying. We should keep our feet on the ground and not read too much into when we receive forms.

You're probably right. I have a tendency to let my over-optimism get the better of me. Only setting myself up for a hard fall. :o

That's what happened last year. Will I ever learn?? :rolleyes: Probably not. Roll on the medicals!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Good news for everybody then! I haven't got my vetting forms yet but got my pass letter - so based on the info of this board - that suggests I've got a low pass mark on the AC! - You can count on me to drag the average down!

"High Five"

• Advertisement

Allright allright, I know we're talking about keeping our feet on the ground, but you don't have to go and boot yerself in the gutz!!!!:D:D

Advertisement