Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Savman wrote: »
    ooh shcandal how did I miss this thread...I love a bit of argy bargy :D:D

Most DJ's are rubbish, basking in the glory of their own self importance and enormous egos. Unfortunately however, the same could be said of most muso's.

Bottom line = a person is smart, but people are dumb.

Sorry Savman.... I should have PMed you to let you know it was going off:o

Savman wrote: »
    Most DJ's are rubbish,
    Bottom line = a person is smart, but people are dumb.

Most EVERYTHING is rubbish!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Sav just subscribe to my threads. Easiest way to find scandal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Most EVERYTHING is rubbish!:D
    Correctomondo.
    sei046 wrote:
    Sav just subscribe to my threads. Easiest way to find scandal
    dastardly.jpg

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Straight to a point then supply the name of the DJ and see if we've heard of him and then based on whether anyone else has seen him can see if your judgment is well placed.

Otherwise your original post makes as much sense as:

"I saw some band playing in the Lower Deck at some birthday party. I was told they were really good and going places...my god they were crap,
    the only good guitar is an air guitar!! this really has put the nail in the coffin for live bands as far as i'm concerned. Such fools loving themselves, my grandad could play a guitar better than those guys....and he's dead. what wankery"

It would be an idea for you to probably educate yourself and be well informed of good quality dj's, however if you just don't like it, then you don't like it. So what?

I remember when I was around 12 years old in school I had the same opinions as yourself, except towards bands, however I went to lots of live gigs as I thought that there had to be a reason for people liking this crap. I am happy to say I was completely taken aback by some of the quality that was out there, starting listening to Jimmy Hendrix...blah blah bloody blah blah

All that said, your original post doesn't make sense. If you wanted to hear of any good dj's that are currently around or have been in the past then there would have been wealth of people to recomend but you don't come accross as someone that would be all that interested in listening to a mix.

Just take a tab...go on I dare you

• Advertisement

red dave wrote: »

I remember when I was around 12 years old in school I had the same opinions as yourself, except towards bands,

Red Dave, I'd never even thought of that as an idea before! Very interesting.

I guess it would be fair to guess you're of a younger generation to me?

DJing in the 70s came from lads playing records of 'real' music , ie. bands playing their tunes. So straight away it was 'below' a musician, at least then. Obvisously that's not the case now.

If you didn't like bands how did you think tracks got made?
    I can totally see how you could think that as a 12 year old , but fill in the whole picture!

No red dave, Your right.

Im sorry. Not just to you to everyone. I was completely wrong. I hereby apologise, What you and jt and sean have been saying is right. It turns out i really dont have a clue and my war on djs should end. I had set out to insult and offend as many of you as i could and that was wrong. When i seen this guy i thought i could put the last nail in the Dj coffin for this thread but I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

sei046 wrote: »
    No red dave, Your right.

Im sorry. Not just to you to everyone. I was completely wrong. I hereby apologise, What you and jt and sean have been saying is right. It turns out i really dont have a clue and my war on djs should end. I had set out to insult and offend as many of you as i could and that was wrong. When i seen this guy i thought i could put the last nail in the Dj coffin for this thread but I was wrong.

Sounds to me like you are seeking justification for your original post. I don't really care what you think (everyone has opinions and thats all they are) but your first post just sounded like a rant and there was nothing to discuss from it.

something at the end such as "..is all dj'ing like this" etc would have helped people see your point of view if you even had one apart from sly digs at some anonymous dj.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

hmm, if there's a war between musos and DJ, maybe we should spread rumours that the DJ/Muso I]Delete as applicable[/I culture are enriching plutonium and the Americans will just kill them all?

Neurojazz wrote: »
    hmm, if there's a war between musos and DJ, maybe we should spread rumours that the DJ/Muso I]Delete as applicable[/I culture are enriching plutonium and the Americans will just kill them all?

Neurojazz are you implying that a Disc Jockey is different from a Musician???;)

• Advertisement

Im not looking to justify a point?! There was no point to be made!

Its an experience I had, If I was at a Daniel O'Donnel show and the whole thing was rubbish I would post about it. I dont need a bunch of lads trying to defend Daniel!

Its an experience I had, If I was at a Daniel O'Donnel show and the whole thing was rubbish I would post about it. I dont need a bunch of lads trying to defend Daniel!

Here now don't be dissin' DOD.... he makes great pedals.

I would never diss Daniel, THATS TALENT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Strange but true. The most talented person i've ever met in the flesh was a DJ (scratching one) - not only had awesome muscle memory for surreal scratching, but was able to mix the most bizzare music you could imagine to completely captivate you and suck you into the performance and forget who/what/how/why/when etc... totally forgetting it was a DJ there... I remember being so happy that i nearly melted (not on drugs)

It was a student down in Portsmouth, god knows what he is upto now - probably being awesome to small amounts of people somewhere (lucky bastards!)

I love the Dj in incubus. I really adds an awful lot to that band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

lol then why post it?

Does every comment you make have to be trying to go against someone else? Why can I not just post about the "musical production" I saw whether it be good or bad and since it was so topical before it seemed worth mentioning. As it turns out there is a lot not worth mentioning to some folks here.

Sunn wrote: »
    lol then why post it?

Ah Sunn, you could say that about some guys entire posting careers!! :D

I was JUST thinking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

@ Paul: you really do make such lofty statements about how this forum should be run, yet you've been here a relatively short while.
    And if you're going to moan about negative ranting - this thread started as a negative rant (and a clinically retarded one at that).
    Your air of patronisation and condescension i think is really a defense mechanism as you seem unable to argue rationally yet still want plenty of attention.

Maybe you've a chip on your shoulder about spending so much time arguing with people half your age on the internet. maybe not.

@Sei: lol just lol.
    what rock have you lived under for the past 15 years to never have heard a dj?

this thread is a classic.
    Sei posts something fundamentally wrong. Everyone tries to point out why he's wrong and on page 3 he starts to understand.

• Advertisement

jtsuited wrote: »
    @ (and a clinically retarded one at that).

????

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    ????

as in the thread starter is a complete farce of illogical nonsense. so you can't really expect the tone to pick up now really.

@ unable to argue rationally

Some examples please?

eh pretty much every debate you've ever got into here, you've relied more on 'pro this, pro that' than actual strong argument.

Or you've made a legendarily funny joke.

Or not.

Jt seriously man. I dont know how you havent gotten in more trouble in these forums. Maybe its just nice to have you around for chuckles or something but quit it with the
    "and a clinically retarded one at that" type statements.

To be fair its not really on. You can say what you like about me and its not going to really matter because Im use to you but dont be throwing around comments like that will you.

thread starter is a complete farce of illogical nonsense

wha?

eh pretty much every debate you've ever got into here, you've relied more on 'pro this, pro that' than actual strong argument.

Or you've made a legendarily funny joke.

Or not.

That's a generalisation, I asked for examples of me being unable to argue rationally.

Sorry for making jokes.

oh and btw sei

As mod isn't it your job to move threads irrelevant to this forum?

Because there is a dj forum.

Trust me jt, You DO NOT want me to do my job........

• Advertisement

Trust me jt, You DO NOT want me to do my job........

Get that Shouting+Roaring forum going there Sei, will ya?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement