Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ

Options
124»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I think the whole initial rant from the OP was fine is as far as his experience of a bad DJ, it is what he was quite obviously alluding to that caused trouble. Why not post the same topic and debate in the DJ forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

sei046 wrote: »

I dont mind really loud once the quality is there in the rig to allow it
    Crank the subs, pull back the high's is a good place to start IMHO. But DJ's are notorious for just clipping everything anyway, some would blow up a 10k rig and complain it wasn't enough rig for the (80th birthday party) gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Felix It was the sound/rig/relevance to the night that got me, not how good or bad his djing was. Figured it was more appropriate here

Sunn wrote: »
    ah he got banned..thats just stupid.
    I doubt we've heard the end of it tbh. FWIW I'd have let him stay and explain himself, some of those statements are taking things a little to personally.

I love live gigs and I do love playing loud but only if the end result is the better for it. Like I love when a Kick sound or a bass or whatever hits you in the chest but not if that means the cymbals or snare is going to take your head off

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    I doubt we've heard the end of it tbh. FWIW I'd have let him stay and explain himself, some of those statements are taking things a little to personally.

TBH he tried a few times to explain himself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/watches feedback like a hawk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

Savman wrote: »

out of sight out of mind.

I sent him a message there to tell him to copy any problems from the threads over to the feedback forum where a few outsiders can look. I personally am done turning the other cheek. He got out of hand WAY to many times. Its one thing going against a charter, its another actaully attacking people and trying to undermine someones points but attacking them personally. There is no place in life for that nevermind boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Jaysus lads, bo-f**king-ring. This isn't really the craic, is it?

• Advertisement

..................OK....I know I shouldn't.

Last night I was doing a gig with the cunning stunts and when we finished a DJ started. The guy proceeded to ...mix...for two hours. To be fair he didnt just stick on tunes like sweet child o mine or Dont stop believing but this was even worse.

He Was mixing in beats and samples and different tunes and apparently this guy is the bees knees. He must have been pulling himself around the DJ box. Complete and utter wankery with no talent and the guy had the worst attitude. I have no idea what his name was I should have found out. The sound was so awful and the filters/fx were just terrible.

I have to say if this guy is even mediocre in Djing circles, I have definitely made up my mind.

Nevermind the fact that it was a birthday party, he was presumably hired to play the hits and he proceeded to give his organ a workout!
    Felix It was the sound/rig/relevance to the night that got me, not how good or bad his djing was. Figured it was more appropriate here

Doesn't read that way? :confused: Anyway, best not argue... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

horse**** lads,sei you got backed into a corner and you came out swinging.
    ****ing pathetic.
    your not the last say round here.theres 3 people on here who think there word is gospel and act that way.its ridiculous to ban someone for poking holes in your defense of an idoitic thread you started.
    jt was ****ing spot on and ye know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

seannash wrote: »

Sean, the link on your signature for your remix just takes me to the myspace front page, not your myspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

..................OK....I know I shouldn't.

Last night I was doing a gig with the cunning stunts and when we finished a DJ started. The guy proceeded to ...mix...for two hours. To be fair he didnt just stick on tunes like sweet child o mine or Dont stop believing but this was even worse.

He Was mixing in beats and samples and different tunes and apparently this guy is the bees knees. He must have been pulling himself around the DJ box. Complete and utter wankery with no talent and the guy had the worst attitude. I have no idea what his name was I should have found out. The sound was so awful and the filters/fx were just terrible.
    I have to say if this guy is even mediocre in Djing circles, I have definitely made up my mind.

Nevermind the fact that it was a birthday party, he was presumably hired to play the hits and he proceeded to give his organ a workout!
    Felixdhc wrote: »
    Doesn't read that way? :confused: Anyway, best not argue... :pac:

I don't want to get bogged down in this.. Seems like you Guys have been doing a pretty good job so far..

But for Sustainable Energy Ireland to be starting a thread about this particular DJ being rubbish in this forum is stupid.. Isnt that totally in the wrong category?!

Its obvious that you enjoyed the last rants about DJ's & thought it would be a laugh to continue it.

JT is straight up - He discusses.. vigorously. Obviously some people cannot deal with that.. and start waving around red cards. Pathetic.

Very poor decision banning him over something that you did on a whim - and especially seeing that you couldn't cope with the feedback.

Thank God you didn't have a gun..

btw.. 5% of text in original post was about sound quality & the rest was about how much of a wnaker the DJ was!!! Should mods use the word "Wankery"? Tut Tut

ICN wrote: »

Very poor decision banning him over something that you did on a whim - and especially seeing that you couldn't cope with the feedback.
    FWIW I think the banning is OTT and just knee jerk to JT rubbing people up the wrong way. However I don't think you could say sei046 wasn't coping with the fire and brimstone coming at him from all angles, because he kept posting.

JT made a personal jibe at Paul, which in all fairness is indefensible.

This all blew up a while back, mainly because of accused favoritism and ban happy mods. I thought we had all moved on from that so it's disappointing to see it rear it's ugly head again. sei046 doesn't seem like a prick, neither does JT, but both could have handled this better tbh.

Hasn't anyone learned from the mistakes made last time round?!?!

Anyway, on a lighter note, perhaps a new MP forum mantra...
    a wise man wrote:
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;
    If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;
    If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";
    If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Predictable, but what the hell...

Panic on the streets of London
    Panic on the streets of Birmingham
    I wonder to myself
    Could life ever be sane again ?
    The Leeds side-streets that you slip down
    I wonder to myself
    Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
    But Honey Pie, you're not safe here
    So you run down
    To the safety of the town
    But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle
    Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
    I wonder to myself

Burn down the disco
    Hang the blessed DJ
    Because the music that they constantly play
    IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE
    Hang the blessed DJ
    Because the music they constantly play

On the Leeds side-streets that you slip down
    Provincial towns you jog 'round
    Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ, HANG THE DJ
    HANG THE DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Well I guess that's the monthly drama thread out of the way...roll on August.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Sean, the link on your signature for your remix just takes me to the myspace front page, not your myspace.
    thanks,fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

As tempted as I am to go ****-stirring I won't, but someone definitely will at some stage - please lock the thread for the sake of peace.

The original post had no place here, nor did anything since; I don't want to get into a spitting match with the gods here but jesus, let it go to feedback before all the recriminations stop people PRODUCING MUSIC. Thats what its there for, and thats what the music production forum itself is here for.

How does everything get so blown up here! Its impossible to say anything without a load of lads getting all up in arms.

Listen a lad starts attacking people on a very personal level and thats not it in real life never mind here. This place is unreal for people getting so up in arms! I dont give a toss one bit about people not agreeing with me, this thread had nothing to agree on. I was talking about a DJ i saw and how awful the whole thing was. This could have been about a band only since we had had a big arguement before it seemed like a topical thing to mention to the lads.

It turns out thats impossible now!

• Advertisement

jimi_t wrote: »
    As tempted as I am to go ****-stirring I won't, but someone definitely will at some stage - please lock the thread for the sake of peace.

The original post had no place here, nor did anything since; I don't want to get into a spitting match with the gods here but jesus, let it go to feedback before all the recriminations stop people PRODUCING MUSIC. Thats what its there for, and thats what the music production forum itself is here for.
    ah man,if something like this stops you making music i wouldnt look at the news.i get your point but stopping making music because of a heated discussion on a forum is a bit dramatic

No seanash you know what, 90% of the lads here a bit dramatic. Its a forum for tiptoeing around lads and walking on eggshells with certain topics that just arent talked about, or even in this thread, you cant even mention a word to do with it.

Im out!

I was going to post a thread there on behringers BCD, BCF and BCR stuff but then i thought, oh wait no coz them lads are going to get seriously heated and it starts again. Then I thought oh my god this is so sad its not even funny anymore! Good to the working lads here with a good attitude, Good riddance to the rest. Its easier to PM the lads I can ask questions to!

No seanash you know what, 90% of the lads here a bit dramatic. Its a forum for tiptoeing around lads and walking on eggshells with certain topics that just arent talked about, or even in this thread, you cant even mention a word to do with it.

Im out!

I was going to post a thread there on behringers BCD, BCF and BCR stuff but then i thought, oh wait no coz them lads are going to get seriously heated and it starts again. Then I thought oh my god this is so sad its not even funny anymore! Good to the working lads here with a good attitude, Good riddance to the rest. Its easier to PM the lads I can ask questions to!
    in your own words,get a pair of balls mate.your being so ****ing dramatic.
    its not tiptoeing,you were talking out your arse about something you know nothing about and people made sure you knew that.the other thing escalated from that but the point still stands.
    you cant start a thread about something you dont understand but disregard it as a whole and not expect to get some ridicule.
    as for not posting,well noone is forcing you to do anything you dont want to.
    im sure there will be others around to answer questions.like i said some people think there word is gospel.i predict that boards wont crumble if you stop posting.
    but hey dont let it ruin your day,its just words on a screen

seannash wrote: »
    ah man,if something like this stops you making music i wouldnt look at the news.i get your point but stopping making music because of a heated discussion on a forum is a bit dramatic

If I wanted handbags at dawn I would have gone to the Cuckoo's Nest or whatever - I just found it staggering that a relatievly low-post forum could have an 8 page thread in 24 hours and wished all that energy could have been put somewhere else. I really couldn't give a **** either way, just felt the thread should have been locked - it's too tempting to showboat, me included.

Im out!

This, surely, is just as extreme and 'dramatic' as what you're condoning? You went on a rant, it happens - if you hadn't been a mod it might have turned out differently, who cares. Lock/wipe the thread, reduce the jtsuited ban to a week and we'll all build a bridge and get the hell over it. Anything else just strikes me as getting a bit personal, something you say you're against.

What the fella above me said (kinda)

lads, all done and dusted. Lesson learned!
    Jt will be back in month!

Dave

jimi_t wrote: »
    If I wanted handbags at dawn I would have gone to the Cuckoo's Nest or whatever - I just found it staggering that a relatievly low-post forum could have an 8 page thread in 24 hours and wished all that energy could have been put somewhere else. I really couldn't give a **** either way, just felt the thread should have been locked - it's too tempting to showboat, me included.

This, surely, is just as extreme and 'dramatic' as what you're condoning? You went on a rant, it happens - if you hadn't been a mod it might have turned out differently, who cares. Lock/wipe the thread, reduce the jtsuited ban to a week and we'll all build a bridge and get the hell over it. Anything else just strikes me as getting a bit personal, something you say you're against.
    i kind of think this will only fuel jt produtivity even more ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Awesome, who needs soaps.

I +1 the mod for having balls to kick him. JS wasn't really bringing an opinion to the forum - more like ramming down your throat with big spiky stick.

My wife say that 'it's not the size of your forum count, but what you do with it that counts' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Why's this in the Music Production forum? Seems more like an After Hours thread.

Also, I hear DJs eat babies and worship Satan.

• Advertisement

Long dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement