Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 5 - I'm in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

I've been wondering about that myself, what happens if you cant bring it to a solution in 5 minutes.

Mmmm, how about I tell you in the AC thread ;) psni will be dishing out some reprimands if we carry on this subject in here. I'll race ya over there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jonesville

dont think i will be deferring as not sure what grounds you need. gonna pm PSNI anyway.

i'm local to say i live in belfast now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Congrats Alan...best of luck with the training!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Par827

Nice one Alan !

Obviously no probs at medical then, all your hard work paid off in the end. :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone at SRN !!

P.S. I'm sure one little celebratory magnum of wine wouldn't do any harm, you deserve it !!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Par827 wrote: »
    Nice one Alan !

Obviously no probs at medical then, all your hard work paid off in the end. :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone at SRN !!

P.S. I'm sure one little celebratory magnum of wine wouldn't do any harm, you deserve it !!!:D:D:D

Magnum!!

A blooming case or 3 would go down nicely lol.
    No but honestly I am on a mission now and wont stop until i achieve it. I want to get rid of another half stone, tone up and keep to my healthy eating and no drinking. Might fall by the way side on the odd occasion lol. Planning to go away over the 12th so might have a wee 'glass' or 2 !

• Advertisement

Who all from the thread is starting on the 3rd august?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

cant believe the wonderfull NEWS:) congratulations alanbelfast on booking your stay with hotel garnerville, really chuffed for ya!!

shows through determination that theres always light at the end of the tunnel!! you couldnt have desered it more with your dedication, determination, euthasiam and patience!! :)

Thanks everyone

Given........I am not sure about the patience bit lol. I have been climbing the walls lol.

Thanks everyone

Given........I am not sure about the patience bit lol. I have been climbing the walls lol.

lol i was trying to do ya a favour as patience has to be one of a police mans best qualties;)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

Well done alan.....think we where in the same boat. Been trying since 2001 and even tried the RUC. However its all paid off now, got the call today also for the 3rd of Aug.

Happy days

psni....all i can say is a big thanks to you for your help. And if you appear some day, i think you will have a fair few pints sitting in front of you from the guys on here.....Thanks pal

• Advertisement

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    Well done alan.....think we where in the same boat. Been trying since 2001 and even tried the RUC. However its all paid off now, got the call today also for the 3rd of Aug.

Happy days

psni....all i can say is a big thanks to you for your help. And if you appear some day, i think you will have a fair few pints sitting in front of you from the guys on here.....Thanks pal

congrats wannalaugh:)!!! im sure you cant wait to start training and get into garnerville and of course have a few celebratory drinks;)like alan your determination payed of, well done:)!!!

just found out that you also made training!! a big congratulations to you to:) lol feels like ive learned a new word today:D really glad to see that so many people who have been usuing the forum are making training!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

yep big congrats to everyone so far!

Hope theres a wee phone call for myself a given soon too!

Thanks Given...
    I think Alans hit the nail on the head. It will it so so much easier being with people that you know now.
    Let the training begin!!!!!

GCBC...hopefully both you and given get that call this week. Its good to know not all the calls have went out. I had nearly given up hope

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bookemdanno

Just a note to say well done Alan Belfast. I too am joining you on 3rd August and like you did yesterday I went out and did another little bit of shopping today. I think there is now 6 of us of the Forum starting on 3rd August.
    Good luck to those of you still waiting.:):):)

Thanks Given...
    I think Alans hit the nail on the head. It will it so so much easier being with people that you know now.
    Let the training begin!!!!!

he did indeed!! it will help people settle in and get over any of them 'first school day nerves' and make life easier!! wish ya all the best with training and exams (when you have to take them lol)!!!

the forum has been a brillant tool, everyone is so supportive and helpful, its like one big extended family, really mean that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bookemdanno

Congratulations Wannalaugh. Look forward to meeting you too on SRN.:):)

Cheers bookem. Well done to you also pal and lookin forward to us working togther.
    The team work in here has been outstanding and should stand us all well in training.
    Coulnt believe it when i got the call, ive had so many calls over the past few days with withheld and thought it was the psni everytime. Then when the phone went today, i said 'its not them' then they said the magic words ......................
    of which ive forgotten because i was so far by myself lol

Now we need to go out and buy all the stuff on the shopping list that psni posted a while back. I never thought id see this day.

wanalaugh

Here guys, try this link for a giggle.

http://www.police-training.co.uk/

Dont know how relavent it is, but register and then go the the sample questions.
    Flippin ell, ive wrongly convicted innocent people and let other people of with blue murder lol. You'll see what i mean if you go there.

wanalaugh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Happy days

I took a big deep breath when I read this, and smiled a huge smile. Remember all those PM's asking "are you sure, are you sure..."

:)

You're welcome mate. See you on the inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

May I ask you guys how long has it taken from IST to garnerville in your individual cases?

Well done wannalaugh

Huge congrats, You deserve it mate.
    Now the worry lines will disappear from the forehead and you can relax a lil until July21st lol.

Well so far then it's ............Alanbelfast.......bookemdano......wannalaugh.........Jvb is defered to november........Par..............Jonesville......not sure if im missing some peeps out?

judgedredd wrote: »
    May I ask you guys how long has it taken from IST to garnerville in your individual cases?

Approx a big whole smelly year! Mind you it did feel like 4 or 5 years. Trust me you will understand when it's you in the same boat - tick tock tick tock tick tock lol.

... got the call today also for the 3rd of Aug.

Happy days

Wanalaugh, that's great news mate, well done. See, it's all coming together. GCBC & Given don't be too disheartened, even if you don't get the call for Aug there are drafts every 5 weeks and there's no cut-off if you're still awaiting vetting to be cleared. Besides, if you get a call for Nov at least I won't be on my tod with no boardsies to meet up with ;)

I'll second that, thanks for all your help.

Just a note to say well done Alan Belfast. I too am joining you on 3rd August and like you did yesterday I went out and did another little bit of shopping today. I think there is now 6 of us of the Forum starting on 3rd August.
    Good luck to those of you still waiting.:):):)

Great news, well done :D This is turning into a good week for us boardsies :D

GCBC & Given, fingers still crossed for you. Ring phone ring!

Yes psni, A good many pints coming your way I would say!
    And fingers crossed also for the rest of you guys/gals.

O forgot to thank boards.ie for letting us use this forum, much appreciated.
    Right going to fill myself with carbs here as down at the big bad trainer at 2pm yikes !

Chat later peeps and hope when i come back on I see more I am in messages.

Alan

JVB wrote: »
    Great news, well done :D This is turning into a good week for us boardsies :D

GCBC & Given, fingers still crossed for you. Ring phone ring!

hey JVB, lol thanks but there is a slight problem, i havent had my medical yet, its this day to the week!! if ya can remember my previous posts i missed my medical due to reasons beyound my control and out of my hands!! thanks for all the support, but really want the phone to ring for gcbc and lady v for august and anyone else who may be in waiting so that the brillant news keeps coming:) so keep the rooting for them.....

really sorry if i mislead anyone into thinking that im in the waiting game, still one step of it yet! ill let yas know how my medical goes:)

thanks and sorry again, Given1

Given1, yes I remember now. There's so much on this board I forget. Don't worry, it's my age. Mind you, a bad memory = a clear conscience :pAlso forgot about Lady_Vi (sorry :o)

Ok, so to all those who are awaiting AC results, vetting clearance, pending medicals and the infamous 'call' I wish you all well :D

Given, good luck at your med then next week. Keep us posted.

• Advertisement

JVB wrote: »
    Given1, yes I remember now. There's so much on this board I forget. Don't worry, it's my age. Mind you, a bad memory = a clear conscience :pAlso forgot about Lady_Vi (sorry :o)

Ok, so to all those who are awaiting AC results, vetting clearance, pending medicals and the infamous 'call' I wish you all well :D

Given, good luck at your med then next week. Keep us posted.

lol a future colleague of yours also made the same mistake, i will not name names but he should know who he is;)

in two minds of complaing to consenia that they should have a memory test and to the psni about lowering the age of recruits:D

cheers JVB i will indeed:)

Advertisement