Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

Anyone know how many runners the fitz DC game gets on a Tuesday night?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

As far as I know, anything from 40-70, but I haven't played it in the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anyone know how many runners the fitz DC game gets on a Tuesday night?

63 last week.

Anyone going in tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I might go tonight, haven't played that tournament in ages, we'll see how the mood takes me...It is a very good tournament, though. That or the jackpot monday madness would be my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Anyone going into the SE200FO tonight at 6:30?

I'd say numbers will be down due to the Fitz 500 tonight Ricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Does the fitz tournie get many runners on a monday?

40+ usually Olly afaik. Sunny bank holiday might affect things a wee bit though, but who knows.

5starpool wrote: »
    40+ usually Olly afaik. Sunny bank holiday might affect things a wee bit though, but who knows.

About 45 runners last night but the regulars reckoned it was actually a little down on normal. Great structure. Mountains of very tasty food. Terrible players. How did I lose? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ollyk1 wrote: »
    About 45 runners last night but the regulars reckoned it was actually a little down on normal. Great structure. Mountains of very tasty food. Terrible players. How did I lose? :confused:
    It has the best structure of any of the mid-week Fitz or SE tournaments IMO. For some reason some of the regs' banter in the Fitz is tilt-inducing after 30 minutes or so, maybe that's why you didn't win!

ionapaul wrote: »
    It has the best structure of any of the mid-week Fitz or SE tournaments IMO. For some reason some of the regs' banter in the Fitz is tilt-inducing after 30 minutes or so, maybe that's why you didn't win!

lol No regs banter at all Paul. Just scared frightened noobs at my tables for the 2.5 hours I was on it.

I finally push all in at 150/300 level with a running ante of 25 over a noobs raise of 800 with KsJs with a stack of 3,800. He's playing a stack of 7,500 and takes 45 seconds before very reluctantly calling with QQ!!! LMAO

Of course I give him a good sweat by flopping AsJc6s!! :D

I ran well* in the cash games to ease my pain.

* this is code for I stacked AA and KK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

What time does the Fitz tounie on a Monday usually finish up by?

What time does the Fitz tounie on a Monday usually finish up by?

Still going when I left last night. You'd have to think 4am at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Im glad you didnt play the SE tournie lastnite Olly it gave me a chance :D ended up coming 3rd.

Im glad you didnt play the SE tournie lastnite Olly it gave me a chance :D ended up coming 3rd.

Nice one Danny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Hadnt played in awhile just went in to blow off a bit of steam was happy had a goodnite. Bit tired thou didnt get home till half 4 was up at 8 to collect my aunt from the airport, so i think im gonna have me a little afternoon siesta.

Whats the story now with the Fitz on a Thursday? Back to the regular game or is it still a satellite night for another tourn?

Anyone heading into the SE for the double chance tonight?

Satellite for the 1k game in October in the Fitz on Thursdays I am fairly sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I probably will - might just hit the cash tables though

A little birdie tells me Rounders is emerging from his cave to play some scalptastic action in the Fitz tomorrow night. I'll just have to pay Marq a few quid to rig the draw to make sure I'm at his table.

With some of the more decent players around town going to Waterford and some of those APAT players in town prior to the game on Saturday it could be the perfect night to play. WP Rounders brilliant game selection as usual.

If any Boardies are up for last longest action let me know.

P.S. The SE is going to the absolute dogs these days. It tilts me to see how little they want business. I could generate more action and atmosphere holding a game in a funeral home.

5starpool wrote: »
    Satellite for the 1k game in October in the Fitz on Thursdays I am fairly sure.

Cheers, was going to head it but can't now. Prob next week. I assume prob 100 plus 100 rebuy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

What is this APAT thingy?

jbravado wrote: »
    What is this APAT thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ha ha nothing gets through you olly. See you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Ah I see..Is there a guarantee?How much is it to enter?Can you do so on the day?

Cheers, was going to head it but can't now. Prob next week. I assume prob 100 plus 100 rebuy.

Don't think so, think it is still 50+50. With the numbers that have been turning up for these sats though it might be better to have it as 75+75 or similar to try and generate more tickets. Might have a word with Denise/Marq/Nic about it. If tonight bombs in numbers terms they might do that maybe.

Ha ha nothing gets through you olly. See you there.

Actually something did on Monday there and I'm still shaking my head in disbelief about it. :rolleyes: I reckon we should drop El Stuntman a line and take him out for a rum and coke beforehand on Friday to restore his joie de vive.

• Advertisement

Some more bad game selection by me getting into a last longest in a field of 79 with 4 others and 3 of us make the FT in the Fitz.

Well done to Strewelpeter on taking down the last longest and hopefuly the overall tournie. Jay you owe Tony a tenner!

Tournies are soul destroying. I think I'm a closet masochist! :(

Advertisement