Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home & Away- Gone to the dogs!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Surely there can't be any truth in that rumour..I mean my college life is revolved around H+A...though that is ceasing in a month and im out in the real world..Hmmm perhaps H+A are aware of that, apt timing dnt ye think?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

kerry4sam wrote: »
    heard a rumour a few weeks back that Home & Away is coming to an END this Summer, yes no more H&A...it's what i for one grew up watching and tv land just won't be the same :D

I think the reason they have brought all the old charcters back in recent episodes is because of the shows demise in a few months...anyone else hear the same?

That's untrue, it's not ending in the summer. What demise? Granted the storylines are a bit OTT. But still it regularly gets 1.2m-1.4m viewers which is a hell of a lot more that Neighbours gets in Australia.

The reason some of the old characters (i.e Tom et al) are returning for guest appearances is part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations I think. So you can all relax H&A is not being cancelled... yet. ;)

Phewwwww...I can sleep easy tonight!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Brian017 wrote: »
    That's untrue, it's not ending in the summer. What demise? Granted the storylines are a bit OTT. But still it regularly gets 1.2m-1.4m viewers which is a hell of a lot more that Neighbours gets in Australia.
    The reason some of the old characters (i.e Tom et al) are returning for guest appearances is part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations I think. So you can all relax H&A is not being cancelled... yet. ;)

been talking to the person who told me but we can't find that link on-line (if i find it i'll post it) but we did find this story relating to Sally Fletcher leaving the show this coming thursday http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/home_and_away/cn/2742 or http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/home_and_away/news/2009

as i said if i come across a link for my other post i'll put it here first

Are you sure it wasn't just the UK and/or Ireland that you heard the rumour about? because as I said it's one of Sevens top shows and is always in the Top 10 weekly ratings so it'd make no sense for them to axe it. There's no news on the H&A website or Back To The Bay (which had news of Kate's departure before an offical announcement was made afaik). But if you find a link then fair dues to you and you'll have my apologies for doubting you. :)

P.S. Sally's departure episode airs on Thursday? Wow, I didn't know we were that close to Oz.

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    P.S. Sally's departure episode airs on Thursday? Wow, I didn't know we were that close to Oz.

oops my bad http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/soaps/home_and_away/cn/2742 states it will air on RTE1 on Friday 25th (as opposed to thursday as previously mentioned by me) :cool:

I remember when we were months and months behind Oz. We have really caught up to them. They will run out of episodes at this rate :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Sorry folks but it's not going to be until mid May before we see Sally leaving on RTÉ One.. I'm thinking the 13th but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Spoiler Alert!! If you want to know what's goin on, check out Leah's blog (formerly known as Sallys blog:()!!

http://seven.com.au/homeandaway/leahs-blog/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

So did anybody watch Sally leave the bay yesterday? It was very good I thought. I loved the way she finally called Mr Stewart Alf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

gazzer wrote: »
    So did anybody watch Sally leave the bay yesterday? It was very good I thought. I loved the way she finally called Mr Stewart Alf.

Yeah i saw it, so is Alf the only character left who has been in it from the beginning now that Sally is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I've decided to give up Home & Away for good. Now that Sam is gone there is no reason for me to watch it anymore. *Sniff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lbourkey

What the hell was that talk Cassie gave to the class about HIV - have they all been living under a rock for the past 20 years??? 'all I know is she must have done something bad to get HIV' Excuse me? Are australia decades behind in social progress? That's the kind of storyline you'd see on Different Strokes in the 80's

So this Sam death..Any ideas on who did it/if she committed suicide, who has she framed.

In the line up is Martha, Jaz, Tony, Jack..or someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

lbourkey wrote: »
    What the hell was that talk Cassie gave to the class about HIV - have they all been living under a rock for the past 20 years??? 'all I know is she must have done something bad to get HIV' Excuse me? Are australia decades behind in social progress? That's the kind of storyline you'd see on Different Strokes in the 80's

I think is was 'Annie'? who said that, the story line was that she lived a very sheltered life with her grandfather and brother who were all very religious and is quite young and naive, believing what ever the grandfather had told her. Anyway, glad Cassie's gone, I didn't really like here character..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Yeah it was Annie who said that, which fits in perfect for her character i thought! I never liked sams character at all...i didnt mind cassie too much.

Don't forget Johnny Cooper's ghost

Stranger things have happened....

anything can happen in Soapland ... My money is either on Rory or someone from Sams past :eek: complete surprise to everyone ... but i hope the sooner we find out the better, that they don't drag it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

It's bound to be someone mad and unexpected that killed sam, bet it was Morag...meh Sam was a psycho anyway prob deserved the bit of a drownin. Now Jack is free for Martha :p ahhh the way it was always meant to be!

I was just thinking today, Lea got over the death of her husband awfully quickly didnt she?? not a bother on her there, chillin out in the new diner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pinty52

My monies on Jazz for Sams murder she seems awful shifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

:D the 250,000 prob didn't hurt!
    has anyone visited palm beach in sydney where it's shot? I'm heading over in a few months and am dyin to meet some of the cast but anyone who ever goes there always says that they weren't shooting when they went!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Sheedy wrote: »
    has anyone visited palm beach in sydney where it's shot? I'm heading over in a few months and am dyin to meet some of the cast but anyone who ever goes there always says that they weren't shooting when they went!

Been there ... its pretty much just a beach. Fair auld bus trip away from Sydney though.

I did however bump into Flathead in Coles supermarket once and I lived down the road from Rebekah Elmaloglou (used to play Sophie years ago)

Sheedy wrote: »

Two friends of mine went there when they were in Oz for a holiday and met Jack (sooooo jealous!!:() and Matilda!

Where would the residents of SummerBay be without Morag Stewart :D Always turns up at the right time and solves the problem and saves the day for one or some of the Bay's residents :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Where would the residents of SummerBay be without Morag Stewart :D Always turns up at the right time and solves the problem and saves the day for one or some of the Bay's residents :cool:

Yeah she gets a fair bit of work for a small town alright!

See she's going in to the ould private detective business on the Sam case now!!

The detective said on Friday that forensics had Martha's hair and paper from her bedroom (the note) in the car.

Remember when she was in Martha's house, she was upstairs and came down and then ended up scratching her face.

I reckon she got paper upstairs and then grabbed a piece of hair when she scratched her .. obviously to set her up!

But as to what actually happened with her dying and all.... I'm fecked if I can tell ya!

Why was there no Home & Away on today?? I come home from work, collapse on the couch and all I see is the simpsons - disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Its a bank holiday in the uk so five did not show it so nether did ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The new addition to the bay is sure to make things a lot better!

Advertisement