Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Masters Live Updates - Day 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Omaha at 3pm - €250 freezeout with 25scalp included
    10k stack 30 min blinds

Hold em @ 5pm- €150 freezeout
    10k stack 25min blinds

:)

Oh the temptation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Lauralashes

gazman59 wrote: »
    hows jason tompkins gettin on?

Jason on 3,700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Luckylloyd out in unknown circumstances

he's not answering his phone, so must have been bad!

Almost half way through Level 6 and we're down to 119 players...

Avg stack is 23,823

Chip Leader Bomber Nolan with 81,000

Emmet Gough involved in big pot

Raised Preflop by Brendan Smith in the cut off to 1200... Goughy calls... Flop 2,2,q... Goughy checks, Brendan bets 2,200, Goughy raises to 8k, Brendan pushes all in for 14.5k more... Called by Goughy holding A,Q against Brendans Q,J ..... Turn 6, however Brendan gets out og jail with the river 2... Splitting the pot for the 2 players...

• Advertisement

Dave pushes all in pre flop for 2k with A,4 spades... called by BB with 8,3 off... Board reads 8,8,2,7,9 and Dave is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Flop q,9,3 Sly open pushes for 5 k
    Called by bomber with KJ
    Pre flop Bomber limps, raised by unknown to 1k... Bomber calls

Flop comes 9 high, Bomber bets 1200, raised to 4k by unknown, Bomber pushes all in for 36k and is called by player holding Pocket Aces... turn comes a Jack to give Bomber 2 pair, no help for the Aces on the river and Bomber is sitting on 80k+ now.
    There is some sick spewing going on in that tournament - bets 36K lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ditpoker wrote: »
    he's not answering his phone, so must have been bad!

Don't bluff pub players. After playing about 10 hands in 4hrs and 45 mins of poker and never showing down a poor one I decide to play back at the table chip leader who has 40k+ and has been opening with a fair frequency preflop since the last break.

So, he makes it 500 to go at 100 / 200 / 25 from the Hijack and I 3 - bet Ks10s from the button to 1500. Folds back around and he insta - calls.

Flop is 777 and he checks, I quickly check behind.

Turn a 4. He checks, I bet 2k and he insta check raises to 6k with a forceful toss of chips into the middle of the table. Meh. I deliberate for 60 - 90 seconds; realise I can force him off this pot and shove for 15.6k...

...or can I. As he owns my soul following 3 mins of thought by calling me with 33.

Well done. But I should have known never to bluff pub players and that a full house is a good hand.

I blank the 10 outs on the river obv and am out. Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

...or can I. As he owns my soul following 3 mins of thought by calling me with 33.

Ugh...Zeebo theorem in the extreme there.

Sunday 4th May

€300 Freezeout - €30 reg included
    10k Starting stack
    40 min levels
    4pm start

Monday 5th May
    €250 Omaha Freezeout - €25 reg and €25 scalp included
    10k starting stack
    30 min levels
    3pm start

€150 Freezeout - €15 reg included
    10k starting stack
    25 min blinds
    5pm start

• Advertisement

Marc McDonnell is out - AQ V 99, 9 on flop sends Marc home

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Don't bluff pub players. After playing about 10 hands in 4hrs and 45 mins of poker and never showing down a poor one I decide to play back at the table chip leader who has 40k+ and has been opening with a fair frequency preflop since the last break.

So, he makes it 500 to go at 100 / 200 / 25 from the Hijack and I 3 - bet Ks10s from the button to 1500. Folds back around and he insta - calls.

Flop is 777 and he checks, I quickly check behind.

Turn a 4. He checks, I bet 2k and he insta check raises to 6k with a forceful toss of chips into the middle of the table. Meh. I deliberate for 60 - 90 seconds; realise I can force him off this pot and shove for 15.6k...

Well done. But I should have known never to bluff pub players and that a full house is a good hand.

I blank the 10 outs on the river obv and am out. Lesson learned.
    Been there, tried that before, was so sick afterwards I kept writing it down until I got cramp in my hand. 'Never bluff a bad player'
    You must feel sick.

Johnny pushes allin for 9k with AQ diamonds, called by Brian Gaynor (8k) with Ah,Js and John Flanagan Qh,Jh... Board k,7,3,4,5 leaving Johnny very happy

zuutroy wrote: »

The Zeebo Theorem for those that don't know what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

btw I wasn't trying to infer that you shouldn't try to push him off it, more that I can't believe he couldn't fold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

eagle eye wrote: »
    Been there, tried that before, was so sick afterwards I kept writing it down until I got cramp in my hand. 'Never bluff a bad player'
    You must feel sick.

He may be a bad player - but you played your hand like a bluff and once you've a had a think about it you'll realise it was a bad play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

some interesting play down there by the sounds of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

eagle eye wrote: »
    You must feel sick.

Why is it that when certain unkown 'pub-players' make these calls they're slated and seen as fish, yet when someone like Sick-Call Kenny makes it hes seen to be living up to his name and hailed as a genius?

Maybe you just didnt give the guy enough credit, tried to OP him and he ended up just owning you. He was the CL at the table so he must be doing something right.

His though process may have been spot on for the hand in question for all we know, and put you on 2 overs. In fairness to the guy, hes hardly calling off a chunk of chips if he thinks hes drawing to dead.

He may be a bad player - but you played your hand like a bluff and once you've a had a think about it you'll realise it was a bad play

Meh, not going to get into an argument about this. Just fwiw I play 1010 - AA the exact same. That's the last I'll say about it. I shouldn't bluff bad players - particularly trying to get them off full houses is never smart. Ah well. Mr. Minraise, I was at his table for the 5hrs and have played with him before. He's bad - which is a further reason why I shouldn't have done it.

Good luck to those that are left anyway and best of luck to JP for the rest of the weekend.

zuutroy wrote: »

Id say that exactly theory is what he thought of when he called, tbf though you never have a hand bar a 7 like that.

• Advertisement

Last break of the night is over - less than 2 hours play of day 1 left.

Chip Leaders - Bomber Nolan 81,200
    Damo Kavanagh 74,075

105 Players left - Avg stack 27,000

Some chip counts to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Meh, not going to get into an argument about this. Just fwiw I play 1010 - AA the exact same. That's the last I'll say about it. I shouldn't bluff bad players - particularly trying to get them off full houses is never smart. Ah well. Mr. Minraise, I was at his table for the 5hrs and have played with him before. He's bad - which is a further reason why I shouldn't have done it.

Good luck to those that are left anyway and best of luck to JP for the rest of the weekend.

Still UL and gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Fair enough then if you know the guy. It was more just a general point and wasnt all directed at you. Just noticed a trend reading through alot of the HH's or tourny exit hands.

Ive done this kind of thing many times myself in the past and know how annoying it is. Hard luck and Wp.

Digiman 14, 825

Doke 25,800

Sean Gregory 39,500

Lazare 32,400

The Rigger 21,775

Ozpoker 16,800

Mick G 70,000

Mattdizzle 27,100

JohnnyL 27,725

Pat Storan 9,100

Rob Taylor 34, 925

Eugene 39,625

Michael Trimby 37,350

Nicky Power 33,750

Phil Baker 16,725

Glen Cosgrave 48,375

Ian Whitty 13,150

Owen Mullan 37,125

Paul Quinn 63,850

Pat pushes for 6.5k with A,J... called by Pocket Jacks and no help for Pat on the Board....

Dara O Kearney (Doke) is currently on 25k, his brother is sitting beside him on 35k !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I know you said that was the last you said about it but it should be noted that you play 1010-AA this way to get value from smaller pairs. i.e. to let bad players make a big mistake.

You expressed this exact point to me the other night.

ul tho.

1 Table Sats starting at 1pm tomorrow for the €300 game

€65 with 1st and 2nd getting tickets

Meh, not going to get into an argument about this. Just fwiw I play 1010 - AA the exact same.
    You absolutely do not, you never check behind with AA especially not with TT, dont be ridic. You get way too much vale from betting into them. You know they call with any pair prob AK too.

Did Albert Kenny play this.

• Advertisement

Paul Quinn 80k

Keith McFadden 85k

Advertisement