Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker Masters Live Updates - Day 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Lauralashes

Derek Mulligan raises. John Butler pushes all in (25k pot) with 88. Derek calls with 33.. Flop q,3,7 .. turn 8 river Q.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I could easily see someone particularly a thinking player play AA-1010 like this, and then betting like Lloyd did to get called by any pocket pair. This in essence is why the bluff is so bad.

Just entered our final level of the night, 93 players remain.... Avg stack 30,483

Bombers Favourite Hand bites him in the Backside!!

Bomber 3d,4d ... Chris Caffrey 7c,7h

Preflop Bomber raised, Chris called... flop 3,q,7.. Bomber bets 2000, Chris raised to 7k.. Bomber called. Turn 4, Bomber bets 15k, Chris calls... River 4, Bomber shoves Chris calls...

Chris on 127,000 after that hand, Bomber down to 8k.

Bomber pushes all in with 77's - called by Aces

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Preflop Bomber raised, Chris called... flop 3,q,7.. Bomber bets 2000, Chris raised to 7k.. Bomber called. Turn 4, Bomber bets 15k, Chris calls... River 4, Bomber shoves Chris calls...

jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wow!

Gerry Mahony all in preflop with A6, Connie calls with Jacks.... Board A,4,5,8,4 ... Connie crippled to 150 chips

Chipleader Chris Caffrey takes down another pot and is up to 140k now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 al10pin

Laura could please pass on my thanks to JP for offereing to refund my buy-in when I had to leave due to family circumstances. This wasn't necessary and I hope it doesn't cause any problems with payouts etc. If there are any problems at all I will amke sure to put it back into the pool.

Unfortunately my brother passed away earlier this evening. Some of those involved in poker and horse racing would have known Paul, as he was head of PR with Boylesports, and used to do all the betting on RTE radio.

Thanks again

Mark Magee

• Advertisement

al10pin wrote: »
    Laura could please pass on my thanks to JP for offereing to refund my buy-in when I had to leave due to family circumstances. This wasn't necessary and I hope it doesn't cause any problems with payouts etc. If there are any problems at all I will amke sure to put it back into the pool.

Unfortunately my brother passed away earlier this evening. Some of those involved in poker and horse racing would have known Paul, as he was head of PR with Boylesports, and used to do all the betting on RTE radio.

Thanks again

Mark Magee

Very sorry to hear this news Mark, I'll certainly pass this onto JP and no need to worry about the prize pool, JP has it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Thanks again

Mark Magee

Our thoughts are with your family mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Indeed,teribly sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you and your family.

Play has ended for Day 1 - We have 74 players coming back at 2pm tomorrow. The first 2 levels of play tomorrow will be 60 mins and then 90 min levels for the rest of the tournament. I will put the chip counts through in a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kobraki

any word on Glenn "the forgotten" Cosgrove?!? :D

Also, how many players do you have room for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

mdwexford wrote: »
    i genuinely lol'd :)

And you just know it didn't go down like this;)

Glen Cosgrave 27,225
    Derek Murray 37,575
    Alex Scullion 17,050
    Carlo Hocmes 19,600
    John Devlin 30,550
    Sean o Kearney 66,075
    Sean Gregory 107,225
    John Hanaphy 30,450
    Robbie Hughes 21,800

Kevin Fitzpatrick 27,000
    Eddie Sweeney 34,075
    Keith McFadden 51,950
    Chris Caffrey 140,600
    John Farley 54,875
    Paul Smallwood 37,900
    Jim Leech 11,400

Conor Tobin 64,800
    Paul Dowling 53,650
    Martin Doyle 20,750
    Tommy Murphy 22,625
    Michael Muldoon 22,200
    Paul Higgins 24,075
    Ozpoker 12,150
    Graham Duniriy 66,550

Murtagh Ward 32,450
    Gary Cosgrave 18,250
    Mickael Ardvissa 96,750
    Demetris Theo 14,850
    Victor Clifford 20,125
    Nicky Power 43,350
    Derek Mulligan 48,300
    John Duter 24,175
    Paul Quinn 65,650

to be continued.......

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Hi Laura,

Do you know what time the cash games will start at on Sunday & Monday?

Cheers

Brian

Mick Gradan 78,925
    Shane Cawe 41,800
    Dukebox 76,050
    Damien Kavanagh 129,250
    James Byrne 32,525
    Damien Tracy 17,800
    Michael Trimby 31,375

Ian McDonald 12,500
    JohnnyL 11,475
    Murat Talain 13,800
    Kieran Small 47,250
    Maurice Byrne 30,700
    Chris Waldron 70,100
    Keith O Brien 35,075
    Mark Spellman 37,800

Al Kenny 15,325
    Ciaran McGivern 18,000
    Mark McKeever 45,875
    Brendan Smith 11,150
    Mark McGoldrick 29,500
    John Belaney 6,600
    Emmet Gough 44,975
    Charlie Sweeney 15,100

Paul Coyle 60,775
    Jude Duffy 52,200
    Mick McKeever 10,900
    Chris Cooke 10,650
    Ger O Callaghan 44,600
    Lar McCormack 17,050
    Dara O Kearney 33,750
    Rob Taylor 39,125
    Anthony Young 37,300

Seamus Aldridge 33,875
    Ian Whitty 17,400
    Kyri Ioawnou 21,525
    Shane Flynn 23,700
    Ken Doherty 15,400
    Gerry Mahony 40,225
    Jude Ainsworth 21,525
    Michael Clarke 13,800
    Steven Murphy 32,750

Kobraki wrote: »
    any word on Glenn "the forgotten" Cosgrove?!? :D

Also, how many players do you have room for tomorrow?

Hi,

At the moment we have room for 150 players however there may be more depending on how quickly the field dwindles tomorro, have Glens chipcount in 1 of the above posts :)

• Advertisement

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Hi Laura,

Do you know what time the cash games will start at on Sunday & Monday?

Cheers

Brian

Hi Brian,

We have cash tables and Sit&Go's and Sats from 1pm tomorrow, we have had alot of enquiries about the cash games tomorrow so I think they should start early enough, if you want to PM me your number I can txt you when they kick off if you want :)

Hi Guys,

The chip bags have been verified by myself and Jp and we actually have 77 players remaining.

The seating draw has been completed and JP will be adding this later on this morning.

Kick off tomorrow at 2am, i'll do my best to keep the updates as frequent as possible :)

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Lazare

Kick off tomorrow at 2am, i'll do my best to keep the updates as frequent as possible :)

Laura

Ah grand, I'll go back to bed so. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Thanks again

Mark Magee

Sorry to here the sad news Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Thanks again

Mark Magee

Condolonces Mark,

I remember many a time hearing Paul on the radio. always very knowledgeable with his betting news.

They had a lovely tribute to him on Sunday Sport today on RTE Radio 1.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭MarkT1234

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't bluff pub players. After playing about 10 hands in 4hrs and 45 mins of poker and never showing down a poor one I decide to play back at the table chip leader who has 40k+ and has been opening with a fair frequency preflop since the last break.

So, he makes it 500 to go at 100 / 200 / 25 from the Hijack and I 3 - bet Ks10s from the button to 1500. Folds back around and he insta - calls.

Flop is 777 and he checks, I quickly check behind.

Turn a 4. He checks, I bet 2k and he insta check raises to 6k with a forceful toss of chips into the middle of the table. Meh. I deliberate for 60 - 90 seconds; realise I can force him off this pot and shove for 15.6k...

...or can I. As he owns my soul following 3 mins of thought by calling me with 33.

Well done. But I should have known never to bluff pub players and that a full house is a good hand.

I blank the 10 outs on the river obv and am out. Lesson learned.

Hi Folks,

I'm the "pub player" who made the "bad" call that sent Lloyd to the rails and oh that a simple hand history such as the above should always be enough to class someone as a bad player.

Let me take you through the hand as I saw it. Chip leader at the table and with a looser image than I may normally like early in a tournament, I look down in mid-pos at 33. I out in a 2.5x (standard in my book) and Lloyd on the button 3 bets it. I have Lloyd down as TAG Solid but with my stack decide to call the re-raise for set value. Flop is 777 and I check. Lloyd quickly checks behind. Turn card is 4 and I check. Lloyd bets 2K into 3.3K pot. From the check on the flop, I think I may have the best hand but as AA - 10 10 may have checked that flop, I decide to find out where I'm at and quickly reraise to 6K. Now, Lloyds shove did indicate he was slow playing a big pair and so I went into the tank for 2 - 3 minutes and went through the hand again from start. I then took the time to look at Lloyd for ~30 - 40 seconds and he didn't look comfortable at all, in fact his breathing was very heavy. Based solely on this read I decided I had the best hand (versus AK, AQ) and made the call. I can't say I was certain but I went with my read. Sometimes it's not about the cards.

I think it was a very ballsy play on Lloyds part and I have a lot of respect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aarymark

wp mark and welcome to boards

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MarkT1234 wrote: »

Hi Folks,

I'm the "pub player" who made the "bad" call that sent Lloyd to the rails and oh that a simple hand history such as the above should always be enough to class someone as a bad player.

Let me take you through the hand as I saw it. Chip leader at the table and with a looser image than I may normally like early in a tournament, I look down in mid-pos at 33. I out in a 2.5x (standard in my book) and Lloyd on the button 3 bets it. I have Lloyd down as TAG Solid but with my stack decide to call the re-raise for set value. Flop is 777 and I check. Lloyd quickly checks behind. Turn card is 4 and I check. Lloyd bets 2K into 3.3K pot. From the check on the flop, I think I may have the best hand but as AA - 10 10 may have checked that flop, I decide to find out where I'm at and quickly reraise to 6K. Now, Lloyds shove did indicate he was slow playing a big pair and so I went into the tank for 2 - 3 minutes and went through the hand again from start. I then took the time to look at Lloyd for ~30 - 40 seconds and he didn't look comfortable at all, in fact his breathing was very heavy. Based solely on this read I decided I had the best hand (versus AK, AQ) and made the call. I can't say I was certain but I went with my read. Sometimes it's not about the cards.

I think it was a very ballsy play on Lloyds part and I have a lot of respect for it.

My personal opinion is that you played the hand horribly and still managed to win it with a donk call.
    I don't know Lloyd or you and have never played with either of you, so my thoughts are based entirely on what has been posted in the relevant threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

i think you both played it bad.
    lol donkaments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Thanks again

Mark Magee

Hi Mark,

I knew Paul from the races and from work with Boyles and he was a wonderful character... The Guineas Festival at the Curragh won't be the same without him and he will be sadly missed by many.

Stephen Mc Lean.

Advertisement