Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bull Cola???

Options
  • 18-04-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Just drank a can, think I'm dying. Who puts mustard seeds in a drink?
    Anybody else tried this

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

N.O.I.P. wrote: »
    Anybody else tried this

I saw that giant can of it yesterday. Thought it was cheap Panda Cola at first. Must be manky. Mustard seeds?? Thats messed up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I've never heard of this Red Bull Cola stuff.

Do you mean that mustard seeds are an invisible ingredient or are they actually floating about in it like Goldschlager?

http://www.talkingretail.com/products/9225/Red-Bull-to-launch-premium-col.ehtml

No mention of mustard here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

antodeco wrote: »
    I saw that giant can of it yesterday. Thought it was cheap Panda Cola at first. Must be manky. Mustard seeds?? Thats messed up!!

Thats not the half of it

Water,
    Suger,
    Carbon Dioxide,
    Caramel Sugar Syrup,
    Natural flavorings from plant extracts,
    Galaangal, (What the hell is that)
    Vanilla,
    Mustard seeds,
    Caffine from Coffee Beans,
    Lime,
    Kola Nut,
    Cocoa,
    Liquorice,
    Cinnamon,
    Lemon,
    Ginger,
    Coca Leaf, (Yup coca)
    Orange,
    Corn Mint,
    Pine,
    Cardamom, (I think thats a pokemon)
    Mace,
    Clove,
    Lemon Juice Concentrate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anybody else tried this

You do know the kind of stuff that tradionally goes into Coke? Dont you?

Jigsaw wrote: »
    I've never heard of this Red Bull Cola stuff.

Do you mean that mustard seeds are an invisible ingredient or are they actually floating about in it like Goldschlager?

http://www.talkingretail.com/products/9225/Red-Bull-to-launch-premium-col.ehtml

No mention of mustard here.

They are invisible but it seems a really weird thing to put in a cola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Drank a can yesterday....didn't like it one bit.

Thats not the half of it

Water,
    Suger,
    Carbon Dioxide,
    Caramel Sugar Syrup,
    Natural flavorings from plant extracts,
    Galaangal, (What the hell is that)
    Vanilla,
    Mustard seeds,
    Caffine from Coffee Beans,
    Lime,
    Kola Nut,
    Cocoa,
    Liquorice,
    Cinnamon,
    Lemon,
    Ginger,
    Coca Leaf, (Yup coca)
    Orange,
    Corn Mint,
    Pine,
    Cardamom, (I think thats a pokemon)
    Mace,
    Clove,
    Lemon Juice Concentrate

In other words natural ingredients.

rovert wrote: »
    You do know the kind of stuff that tradionally goes into Coke? Dont you?

Am I better off not knowing?

Am I better off not knowing?

Yep, as phosphoric acid is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

its sounds yucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Coca Cola concentrate has to be transported with a haz chem licence. Thats usually reserved for flamable liquids like gas and kerosane or any hazardous chemicals as the name suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Drinking a can right now, hmmm tastes like liquid Mr Freeze's...tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mencius

Work in a shop and got a free can of it off a rep, took one drink and threw it away, Its complete muck, apparently Pepsi are also bringing out one of these natural colas as well called Pepsi raw, It surly can't be as bad as red bull cola though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

zAbbo wrote: »
    Sounds promising. /nostalgia

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

"Red bull, gives you the squits" doesnt have the same ring to it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Red Bull products do nothing for me.. since the night I ended up in A&E with healt palpatations due to excessive use of the Red Bull product :(

That or cola bottle sweets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh that's what I thought too....it's very......colaee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Coca Cola concentrate has to be transported with a haz chem licence. Thats usually reserved for flamable liquids like gas and kerosane or any hazardous chemicals as the name suggests.
    This is not true. I worked with the stuff every day during my stint in the local cinema. It's nasty sticky stuff as concentrate, but won't do you any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Armania

Does anyone else find it a little worrying that so many of us find the sound of those natural ingedients yucky but regularly consume stuff where the ingredients are a list of E numbers and acids? :rolleyes:

Haven't tried it myself yet but heard frrom friends that it's nice. Tasty or not, the ingredients do kinda make it sound like something a kid wipped up in the kitchen all on their own...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

is this available nation wide?

Mirror wrote: »
    This is not true. I worked with the stuff every day during my stint in the local cinema. It's nasty sticky stuff as concentrate, but won't do you any harm.

If you drink enough of it, it probably will.

It's amazing how different it tastes before the carbonated water is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I had one there on Wednesday. Wasn't the May West at all at all.

Tasted more like a liquid fizzy cola bottle than actual cola.

Don't you mean eat enough of it? The stuff is like molasses...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Mirror wrote: »

It is true my friend, the unfinished concentrate does travel under haz chem licence when its exported to the EU, i am familliar with the company that transport it and all drivers need to have haz chem training in order to be able to tow a trailer containing the stuff and the trailer has to display Haz Chem plates.

The stuff you handle in the cinema is probably already diluted to a certain extent, the stuff going out on the continent is probably in its most concentrated form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Armania wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it a little worrying that so many of us find the sound of those natural ingedients yucky but regularly consume stuff where the ingredients are a list of E numbers and acids? :rolleyes:

thats a good point, when i was reading the list of natural ingredients i was thinking YUCK! that stuff is full of sugar, yet id be happy to go out and buy a normal can of coke with all the e-numbers thrown in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Red Bull... yuk!
    Give me a nice cup of java
    If I want to wake up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I think this stuff is quite good, it has no phosphoric acid which is a major plus, and while it tasted weird initially, I have grown to like the stuff.

Bendihorse wrote: »
    It is true my friend, the unfinished concentrate does travel under haz chem licence when its exported to the EU, i am familliar with the company that transport it and all drivers need to have haz chem training in order to be able to tow a trailer containing the stuff and the trailer has to display Haz Chem plates.

The stuff you handle in the cinema is probably already diluted to a certain extent, the stuff going out on the continent is probably in its most concentrated form.
    Believe me, unless they ship it initially in solid blocks, it doesn't come more concentrate than that! This is that state it is in before it goes through to machine to be watered down and carbonated. Any other ingredients must be in it before it it get's to that point obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be coke. Shipping it EU makes more sense though, as obviously it's shipped in huge quantities. But driving it around this country, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Armania wrote: »

OK to start most things that go into food have an E number full stop e.g. Castor Oil is E1503 and Oxygen is E948 that is so it can classified easily. Red Bull Cola will also contain E numbers because *shock, horror* anything in it will probably have an E number classification they just use the long hand version instead of the shorter E number designation

Secondly Natural != good and Artificial != Bad. A naturally sourced product/chemical is more likely to have impurities in it whereas due to strict legislation any artificially created chemical will have to be very pure.

Finally everything is a chemical, oxygen, water, carbon dioxide, salt everything is either a pure chemical or a mixture of them. Chemicals are good Without there would be no way to make beer (or half the stuff you eat, drink or use in your everyday life).

I may give it a go if it tastes like Mr Freeze and cola sweets

Advertisement