Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bull Cola???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ronaldo2

I thought it tasted great. Nice to get a drink not loaded with sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Wouldn't be mad on this stuff myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Surely the important question here is: how is it with a stiff pour of vodka and two cubes of ice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Mirror wrote: »
    Believe me, unless they ship it initially in solid blocks, it doesn't come more concentrate than that! This is that state it is in before it goes through to machine to be watered down and carbonated. Any other ingredients must be in it before it it get's to that point obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be coke.

Your both wrong. Coca Cola concentrate/syrup is what you Mirror handle in the cinema. Essentially the drink before carbonated water is added. Its a heavily diluted version with much more sugar added than you get in cans/bottles, hence the difference in taste.

Concertrate is not a hazardous chemical its shipped simply in sealed cylinders and can be handled by anyone.

The phosphoric acid that is used in coke is a highly toxic and hazardous chemical. This is mainly due to its corrosive properties. Its the acid on its own and not the coke ingredients that have to be handled with care. It has the same transporting and handling regulations as Liquid Nitrogen and is regularly used to degreese drilling sections of oil rigs. Once diluted, which it is in coke its reletively harmless although coke straight from a can will still strip rust off a car and disolve a tooth in 48 hours. It is also the highest cause of stomach ulcers known.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Surely the important question here is: how is it with a stiff pour of vodka and two cubes of ice??

or with a shot glass of Jagermeister floating in it..?

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    or with a shot glass of Jagermeister floating in it..?
    Yuss! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Armania

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Red Bull Cola will also contain E numbers because *shock, horror* anything in it will probably have an E number classification they just use the long hand version instead of the shorter E number designation

Oh yes I know all that - I just meant it's a bit funny that people think that list sounds yucky but most of us wouldn't even shrug if the list was in E numbers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TERRIBLE

rovert wrote: »
    TERRIBLE
    Really? That's disappointing so... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ingredients
    Mace
    For extra kick?:p
    Wonder if they'll be charging ridiculous prices for it in bars?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Il stick with Coca Cola thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Irish Halo wrote: »
    OK to start most things that go into food have an E number full stop e.g. Castor Oil is E1503 and Oxygen is E948 that is so it can classified easily. Red Bull Cola will also contain E numbers because *shock, horror* anything in it will probably have an E number classification they just use the long hand version instead of the shorter E number designation

Secondly Natural != good and Artificial != Bad. A naturally sourced product/chemical is more likely to have impurities in it whereas due to strict legislation any artificially created chemical will have to be very pure.

Finally everything is a chemical, oxygen, water, carbon dioxide, salt everything is either a pure chemical or a mixture of them. Chemicals are good Without there would be no way to make beer (or half the stuff you eat, drink or use in your everyday life).

I may give it a go if it tastes like Mr Freeze and cola sweets

THANK YOU! I'm sick of everyone constantly going on about "oh it's got loads of e numbers in it, it'll give you cancer" like old women. Anyone that's done junior cert f*cking science should know what you've just explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's amazing with spiced rum. Got hammered on it last night, really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

iregk wrote: »
    although coke straight from a can will ... disolve a tooth in 48 hours.
    Bollocks, pure and utter bollocks:
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Does anyone not care about scientific fact or are urban legends and common misconceptions something to base your life on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

seen this thread the other day and when i was in the shop a while ago i thought i'd try it, i agree with the lad who says it tastes like Cola mr freeze but with a kick... not gonna buy it again though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

some promo girls came into work yesterday with a heap of cans for all us staff. When i tried it i initially didnt like it but i warmed to it after a few more slurps. I'ts not bad but i'd hardly justify paying the 1.70 i seen a can for in the shop this mornintg.

think about the amount of country spring you could get for that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

its a bit bigger than a normal red bull can though?355ml instead of 270ml ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

aye, it's bigger. but it's super premium price is the killer.
    me being a teh p00r student and all

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bendihorse wrote: »
    It is true my friend, the unfinished concentrate does travel under haz chem licence when its exported to the EU, i am familliar with the company that transport it and all drivers need to have haz chem training in order to be able to tow a trailer containing the stuff and the trailer has to display Haz Chem plates.

The stuff you handle in the cinema is probably already diluted to a certain extent, the stuff going out on the continent is probably in its most concentrated form.

During my 5 years workign in McDonalds for my sins, None of the coke (it comes in a very large wheeled container or other syrups had has chem stickers on them or the tucks they were delivered in. It's not pre-diluted and nothing is added until the c02 and water in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

N.O.I.P. wrote: »
    Thats not the half of it

Water,
    Suger,
    Carbon Dioxide,
    Caramel Sugar Syrup,
    Natural flavorings from plant extracts,
    Galaangal, (What the hell is that)
    Vanilla,
    The Tinman,
    Mustard seeds,
    Caffine from Coffee Beans,
    Lime,
    Toto,
    Kola Nut,
    Cocoa,
    Liquorice,
    Cinnamon,
    Lemon,
    Ginger,
    The Cowardly Lion,
    Coca Leaf, (Yup coca)
    Orange,
    Corn Mint,
    Pine,
    Cardamom, (I think thats a pokemon)
    Mace,
    Clove,
    Lemon Juice Concentrate

And you were there... and you were there and you were there....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Does it mix well with any liquors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

Haven't seen this stuff yet, hope they give it out in college free lol, don't really wanna spend 1.70 on a drink.. who buys it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can't be any worse than Red Bull.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

gonna get some in the morning.

This stuff better be good. I'd expecting it to be crap tho.

i'll review tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I've had a few can's of the stuff, don't know where all the bad reviews are coming from, I thought it was delicious, shame about the price though. It's only a tiny bit bigger than a normal can, 355 ml instead of 330 ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

like a mr. freeze only nicer. i wouldn't drink it if i was thirsty though for some reason, not really a thirst quenching drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just picked up a can in Dunnes.. chilling in the fridge as we speak (the can, not me! ;)).

They're selling for 99c a can there, or a special offer of €2.99 for 4 cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone else think it just takes like the cola bottles you can get for 40c?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

mr frezzes thats what it tastes like for me... suger and water!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I had a can today! It was yummy, yummy, yummy!! :D

Advertisement