Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agyness Deyn - Are you having a bloody laugh?!

Options
  • 04-04-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭

Anybody else sick of the hype surrounding this stick? This woman is not the next supermodel, I don't care what the media is trying to forcefeed us. She looks like an Oliver Twist rentboy, nevermind an actual woman! I'm not a fan of this Dove "real women" movement but this is NOT how a woman is meant to look, surely?

080403ptr_agynessdeyn_002__oPt.jpg

15477_large.jpg

agyness_deyn_mode_large_qualite_uk.jpg

GRRR:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Saw her on Jonathan Ross a few weeks back.
    I have to say she comes across alot better on tv than in photos - incredibly pretty face.
    Still don't think she's supermodel material though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

To be honest before I heard her name and was told that she was a woman I was convinced that it was a teenage boy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Maybe she's pretty but I can't see past the awful eyebrows and horrifying clothing. I've seen better dressed tramps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Her real name is Laura Hollins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

ugh I have no interest in her. I dont like the way she dresses & she looks like a boy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have to say I like her. She dresses differently, it's refreshing, I'd never wear anything she wears, but that's not the point really.

It's good to see someone having a bit of fun with clothes.

*dons flak jacket*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Anybody else sick of the hype surrounding this stick? This woman is not the next supermodel, I don't care what the media is trying to forcefeed us. She looks like an Oliver Twist rentboy, nevermind an actual woman!

Totally agree. She has a pretty face, but Ive no idea what is going on with the clothes. I just dont get it. I've seen some of those man-shoes around that she has been wearing.

agyness_deyn_mode_large_qualite_uk.jpg

In this pic she borrowed Kate Moss' jeans and top, and Pete Dohertys hat, socks and shoes and expects the sheep to follow.

Watch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Don't forget your Wheres Wally scarf and clashing purple handbag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I didnt know who she was until last month. She has a pretty face but dresses like a bag lady and has the body of a pubescent male. Someone should tell her a big of chips or a steak wouldnt kill her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

she has a pretty face bout it really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

She should be hung.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nightwish wrote: »
    I didnt know who she was until last month. She has a pretty face but dresses like a bag lady and has the body of a pubescent male. Someone should tell her a big of chips or a steak wouldnt kill her.

Funnily enough she used to work in a chip shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

whatever about her looks, she's a ****ing awful dresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

bloody minger........who doesn't know how to dress either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

She's unattractive....rake thin with no tits/hips.

So probably just what the fashion world is after :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

she was really nice on jonathon ross though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

ok can we stop all the agro? Imagine you're a young woman with f*ck all money and someone comes up to you and asks you to do an easy as sh*t job with looooads of money, you would say yes. So actually its not her bloody fault that you dont like her!! I mean the business love her and thats what matters, she stands out from the crowd and makes money so I don't see what the problem is. Maybe you'd rather see a blonde blue eyed girl with huge tits on the runway but that just doesnt work in modelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

aliqueenb wrote: »
    she was really nice on jonathon ross though!

She did come across well. I thought she'd be a bit pretentious/too cool for school but she's really natural.
    She's naturally stunning - she's not conventionally 'sexy' but as she's not a glamour model so what??
    Her clothes aren't necessarily my taste but at least she's different. One poster called her refreshing and I agree! Why criticise someone for taking a risk? She's just experimenting and she doesn't seem to care about people's opinions and that's very endearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw her recently in a proper photo shoot where she was wearing some really classy evening gowns and she looked great.

However, she can't dress herself to save her life and to hold her up as a style icon is just daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I really like her, shes got her own style and shes not following everyone elses idea of what looks good. It takes a lot of confidence to carry off a style like that and I think she does it well.

As for saying she looks like a boy, she could be described as androgynous, but so was Grace Jones and she looks amzing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

She really irritates me.

There's having "individual style" and then there's taking the piss.

I'm all for vintage clothes and all that, but she looking like she picked her clothes out of a bag of old clothes you'd throw in the bin.

I don't get the hype that's surrounding her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Maybe you'd rather see a blonde blue eyed girl with huge tits on the runway but that just doesnt work in modelling.

Why doesn't it?

I often wondered this. I mean, I like my wimmins curvy. Why do models have to be stick thin? Is it because a voluptuous woman would overshadow the clothes or what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Why doesn't it?

I often wondered this. I mean, I like my wimmins curvy. Why do models have to be stick thin? Is it because a voluptuous woman would overshadow the clothes or what?

Apparently, it's because of the high percentage of gay men designers. They want their models to look as close to men as possible, ie. very thin with no curves, and they design their clothes for that type of woman.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

She's lovely. Lovely lovely lovely.

Although i saw her on jonathan ross too and thought she was really nice. It was a shock to find out afterwards that she's full of ****. Her realy name as mentioned is Laura Hollins so all that crap about her back story is contrived and i don't get it.

She's strikingly beautiful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Yeah i like Agy and i dont see why anyone would get so stressed over someone they've never met. Whether you appreciate her aesthetic is down is really a matter of your opinion.

Why doesn't it?

Yes actually, there are voluptuous models out there. Theres lots of different types of models
    Faith wrote: »
    Apparently, it's because of the high percentage of gay men designers. They want their models to look as close to men as possible, ie. very thin with no curves, and they design their clothes for that type of woman.

Thats total bs, models who are "very thin with no curves" are chosen by designers because when they walk down the catwalk people look at the clothes not the models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

She's plain and dresses horribly, very butch-looking at times too. I've never seen anything inspiring or admirable in her "looks".

I think she's just being hyped up by the British media because she's one of the few English catwalk models and they need a new Kate Moss-type figure now that Kate herself is heading towards boring middle age! :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Never heard of her until Jonathon Ross and haven't heard anything about her since, apart from women bitching about her on boards. I thought she was very pretty and a nice person in the interview. Don't know what other hype there's been. Where is it? Is it in women's mags or Vogue or somewhere? If she stays at the level she's at, I don't mind her at all. I hate it when the media forces celebs on people. The Beckhams, Wayne Rooney and those nobody actors off crap English soaps.
    I'd say her Godawful clothes are from a stylist or designers. Nobody dresses so consistantly bad by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

lordgoat wrote: »

Although i saw her on jonathan ross too and thought she was really nice. It was a shock to find out afterwards that she's full of ****. Her realy name as mentioned is Laura Hollins so all that crap about her back story is contrived and i don't get it.

I was wondering about that too, didn't she have a story about how her mother came up with the name? She lied about her age too, she said she was 22, when she was really born in 1983.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Why doesn't it?

Well most designers think clothes just look better on thin women, and actually I agree. I watch alot of fashion shows and Im not saying anorexic girls are the right thing but clothes look better on slim people. Also models rarely if ever wear bras (plus size models aside) because theyre unattractive with an outfit so you could see how that would be a problem with curvy women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

she is not a style inspiration or icon she just throw anything on to look "different" but it's just disgusting. and if you're saying good on her for taking a risk that's just stupid cos she didn't succeed with her risk. if someone takes a risk and it pays off that's when you should good on them but she just looks ridiculous. i think she is a brilliant model but to say she should be our latest style icon?

i'd rather not dress like this thanks...

agynessdeyn_2.jpg

:eek:

Advertisement