Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agyness Deyn - Are you having a bloody laugh?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I think she'd beautiful, being honest.
    Her styles pretty fabulous, too. Wish I could get away with what she wears down here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i cant stand the sight of her. she doesnt look femenine at all and her dress sense is a bit too contrived for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Her styles pretty fabulous, too. Wish I could get away with what she wears down here!

Same here. YAy fOr AgY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Saw a photo of her today at an i-D party held in her honour I belive over the last few days, she wore a dress which I have to say I liked..Id never wear it but she looked lovely in it..her hair was quiffed up, it's probably the best outfit Ive seen her in..

by the way, the New Look line of clothes that she models is hideous..was in there yesterday and some it it has already being hoisted to the sale rack..a bit like the Giles Gold collection..buhbye..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Where's "down here"? Surely they won't stone you to death for wearing it. They'll probably just snigger and point at you. Pretty much the same as she gets in London I suppose. Nobody dresses like that there either you know.

• Advertisement

il gatto wrote: »
    Nobody dresses like that there either you know.

Eh thats a matter of where you are. They do in Camden, Hoxton and Shoreditch which would be her main haunts.

Ah, Camden. The smell of disgarded fastfood, urine and vomit. You get a concentration of wannabes and "cool" people who follow every trend going, but that's just because evryone of that persuasion congregate there. Soon as they walk into a bank in Chalk Farm, they stick out like a sore thumb.
    Anyway, Camden market is full of tatty crap other people threw out. It's only saving grace is the pubs and atmoshere.

Whereas Shoreditch and hoxton are citidels of londons boho yuppies and the art set.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think its refreshing to see some unconventional beauty in the media.

She hasnt got classic model looks imo, but she's different. If her rise to the top ushers in a new era of individuality well then thats a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Faith wrote: »
    Apparently, it's because of the high percentage of gay men designers. They want their models to look as close to men as possible, ie. very thin with no curves, and they design their clothes for that type of woman.

great book called 'fashion babylon' explains this. Designers design on 2D paper. trouble is you put a woman into it and the bopdy shape can ruin a design in that it does not look tha same as it did when they drew it. so the thinner the woman the more the dress looks like what they designed.

I have no problem with thin women but I thin agyness is an awful looking girl I cant understand the hype at all. to say shes the new kate moss is blasphemy!the hair is the worst she looks like the 80s threw up on her and has zero natural style its quite depressing

• Advertisement

cotwold wrote: »
    Whereas Shoreditch and hoxton are citidels of londons boho yuppies and the art set.

They're just people's attempt to create a Notting Hill that they can afford to live in and has less black people. Souless places with expensive coffee and like un "upmarket" Camden for late thirties bankers who like to think they're a:Hip, b:bohemian, or c:both.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

il gatto wrote: »
    They're just people's attempt to create a Notting Hill that they can afford to live in and has less black people. Souless places with expensive coffee and like un "upmarket" Camden for late thirties bankers who like to think they're a:Hip, b:bohemian, or c:both.

did you just google them ? Cos youve never been to either. Not taking anyones side in whether i like them or not but i hate this kind of crap. And yes i know both of these places, quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Death is too good for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

Death is too good for her.

a tad extremist dont ya think??!

lordgoat wrote: »
    did you just google them ? Cos youve never been to either. Not taking anyones side in whether i like them or not but i hate this kind of crap. And yes i know both of these places, quite well.

Why would you assume I haven't been there? Because I don't agree with you on liking them? I've actually spent some time around the east end and Hackney and, in particular, Shoreditch, researching some family members who emigrated to there in the late 19th century.
    I'm not overly bothered that you like the place. I'm not sure why you care what I think:confused:. No point getting all wound up about it. And by the way "I hate this kind of crap" when people make assumptions and snide remarks for no reason whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

Flick Yer Bean For Agyness Deyn

HaHa

I think she is great, so refreshing and Chic! Some cool photos of her last week I will try put up here later...

And LoL @ Faith saying Designers want their models to look like Men! Most Ridiculous comment I have read on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

a tad extremist dont ya think??!

Nah, she's truly awful.

Nah, she's truly awful.

Why? Do you think you've a better sense of style than the leading fashion designers in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

cotwold wrote: »
    Why? Do you think you've a better sense of style than the leading fashion designers in the world?

since when is she a fashion designer? :confused:

since when is she a fashion designer? :confused:

She isn't, she's employed by designers, top designers, the kind that ultimately influence the entire fashion industry. If she was as bad as alot of these posters make out do you think they would be employing here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I don't want to descend to sheer bitchiness but yes I was shocked when she won Model of the Year, I think Aggy is further proof (not that we needed any) that the fashion industry are a bunch of fascists who can convince the willing masses of anything.

Maybe its cos I grew up on the original uniqueness of Kate Moss (the waif years) but this model is nothing special & won't last more than a few seasons.

Zoolander anyone? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Shouldn't a female model actually look like a woman? All I can see is a 13 yr old boy. And what's with the bleached hair and black eyebrows? That's kinda 1980s.

A style icon and role-model of 2008? *snigger*

Advertisement