Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meath Picture Game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

europerson wrote: »
    I guess I have another go. After no one getting the last one I posted right for seventeen days, I'll go a bit easier on you all this time. :)

Could that be Saint Olivers in Navan?

(I know I'll get one right eventually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Archeron wrote: »
    Could that be Saint Olivers in Navan?
    I'm afraid not. You're a long way off there! :)

Clue: It's not far from the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Julianstown church?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Time for a new rule I think. If no-one gets it within 2 days a clue must be given. and another clue every day after that

Anyone agree?

Dingatron wrote: »
    Julianstown church?
    No, all church buildings in Julianstown (there are three) look very different to this. :)
    mickrourke wrote: »
    Time for a new rule I think. If no-one gets it within 2 days a clue must be given. and another clue every day after that

Anyone agree?
    I'm not sure about this. You have to take account of people not necessarily being on Boards every day. Also, there are times in the Dublin Picture Game, for example, where people are really close to the right answer, and the best way is for them to keep getting it slightly wrong until the right answer is found. It would be very difficult to provide 'fair' clues in a case such as that. I think common sense is the best policy. However, I'm willing to go along with any plurality to the contrary. :D

• Advertisement

No, all church buildings in Julianstown (there are three) look very different to this. :)

I'm not sure about this. You have to take account of people not necessarily being on Boards every day. Also, there are times in the Dublin Picture Game, for example, where people are really close to the right answer, and the best way is for them to keep getting it slightly wrong until the right answer is found. It would be very difficult to provide 'fair' clues in a case such as that. I think common sense is the best policy. However, I'm willing to go along with any plurality to the contrary. :D

How about if someone calls for a clue if no-one has gotten it right in a few days, then its at the discretion of the photo-putter-upper to give one? But if a week passes with no correct answers, then a clue has to be given? That gives people a bit of time if they dont log on too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Gormanstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Good thread! Can I throw up an easy one?

How about if someone calls for a clue if no-one has gotten it right in a few days, then its at the discretion of the photo-putter-upper to give one? But if a week passes with no correct answers, then a clue has to be given? That gives people a bit of time if they dont log on too often.
    As I said, I'll go with anything.
    Quality wrote: »
    Gormanstown?
    Well done! It's the chapel in Gormanston College. :) Your turn, if you want a go!
    balon wrote: »
    Good thread! Can I throw up an easy one?
    Cairn T in Loughcrew?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Cairn T in Loughcrew?

On the ball! One more easy one easy one from stock...

• Advertisement

Hooray..

I will post one later on tonight when I get home from work..

balon wrote: »
    On the ball! One more easy one easy one from stock...
    I may as well answer while we wait for Quality: the cross at the Hill of Tara.

Here you go lads. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

I think I would need a "braveheart" to guess this one...... :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

It's near my front "porch"

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

A sheepish location..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Found a camera. This one?

Quality wrote: »
    Has anyone got this right yet?! :confused:
    cue wrote: »
    Is that at Dunshaughlin Community College?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

Sheeps Gate in the Porch Fields in Trim, between Trim Castle and Yellow Steeple.

The sundial behind Trim Library on High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

treefour wrote: »
    Sheeps Gate in the Porch Fields in Trim, between Trim Castle and Yellow Steeple.

The sundial behind Trim Library on High Street.
    Dang! You're good :p

• Advertisement

treefour wrote: »

Yes, I got my wedding pictures done there. Had to cut myself out of course!!

I don't know if any are outstanding and I apologize if there are, but I've been dying to post this picture for ages. Has anyone ever seen a hedge like this?

I don't know if any are outstanding and I apologize if there are, but I've been dying to post this picture for ages. Has anyone ever seen a hedge like this?

Thats excellent! Where is it?

Thats excellent! Where is it?

If you dont mind, I'll leave it open for a few days so others can take a guess. I have never seen such a well endowed piece of shrubbery though!

Somebodys got a lot of time on their hands, or very lonely, or both.
    I think the man is meant to be Brush Shiels (geddit) and the woman is obviously Dolly Parton ;)

A few days have passed and i'm still none the wiser Archie, could i have a clue please? Like hangman, so something like this:

NAV_N

And i might have a chance of getting it ;)

A few days have passed and i'm still none the wiser Archie, could i have a clue please? Like hangman, so something like this:

NAV_N

And i might have a chance of getting it ;)

Ok. With no connection at all to your example, (ahem) its in N_van. :)

If anyone else has pics they'd like us all to ponder, please post away.

I have no idea where in Navan the bush thing is!

However, I'll take any opportunity to post some. I've posted a few at a time over on the Louth equivalent of this game, so here's a set of four for you. Hope you don't mind. At least this way, people have a better chance of getting one, and people who have no photos can take part without feeling as 'guilty'. These aren't going to be too easy, I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I have no idea where in Navan the bush thing is!

However, I'll take any opportunity to post some. I've posted a few at a time over on the Louth equivalent of this game, so here's a set of four for you. Hope you don't mind. At least this way, people have a better chance of getting one, and people who have no photos can take part without feeling as 'guilty'. These aren't going to be too easy, I hope!

Second one i think is in Trim?
    and the last one is Larch hill gardens?
    Ive seen the big house before but dont know about that small one

Advertisement