Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Conspiracy Happening right Now???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm thinking it would be a hell of a lot easier to simply do that at the servers, not at the cables. It would just be making things really awkward (although I do have a bizarre image of a scuba diver with a laptop, sitting on one of those cables).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

esskay wrote: »
    Just a thought, if you could get physical access those cables, what type of monitoring equipment could be installed? Rather than knock out internet access, maybe its to monitor or even inject false data so that it physically originates from that area?

You could do all sorts of fun things, most of which would be variants of the basic "man-in-the-middle" attack.

The thing is this, though.....lets forget for a second that we're talking about an undersea cable, but rather a straightforward pole-to-pole telegraph and you're a seekr1t agent who wants to tap the line.

If you had no access to the company who owns/maintains the line, then cutting the cable is the last thing you want to do, because that will force said phone company to come out and repair it....at which point, they'll notice some stuff (your tapping equipment) where it isn't supposed to be. At the very least, one can expect that they'd remove it.

If you had access to the company, then there wouldn't be any need to cut the cable. You could just install whatever you wanted under the guise of standard repairs / line-checking...or indeed just do it where the cable terminates, rather than hidden under the ocean somewhere.

Bearing in mind that this cable is underwater, there are more problems. Lets say you've somehow cut it to tap it and that's what it was all about. So you now have a tap, underwater. What do you do? String another cable along the seabed, where none is supposed to be, to where you can actually do something and just hope no-one ever sees it? Rig up a powerful transmitter and work wirelessly, and just hope that no-one ever notices that there's a big radio signal originating from around where the cables were cut, and ends up listening-in to your listening-in operation?

At the end of the day, none of it really makes sense, except maybe the possibility that someone wanted someone else to have seriously reduced bandwidth for some reason, for a short period of time. Beyond that...trying to guess who the various someone's are, and why they might want it is just an exercise in fantasy, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I was wondering are we still waiting for something to happen here? or have certain people accepted it was just coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I missed this thread way back when, but I thought it was obvious what's happening here. This link shows an agent of the NWO and his latest recruit

This old thread popped into my mind earlier. I think it's a classic example of Occam's Razor, assuming a conspiracy when there are plenty of other straightforward possibilities.

The reason i brought it up is does it make any of the CT'er here question their belief that these events are conspiracy's in general. We could call up numerous old threads like this one where nothing actually happened whatsoever. Sure i have no doubt that something will happen as predicted eventually, if you say enough things will happen you'll get lucky at some point. But that's all it will be. So really does it not make you wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

meglome wrote: »
    This old thread popped into my mind earlier. I think it's a classic example of Occam's Razor, assuming a conspiracy when there are plenty of other straightforward possibilities.

The reason i brought it up is does it make any of the CT'er here question their belief that these events are conspiracy's in general. We could call up numerous old threads like this one where nothing actually happened whatsoever. Sure i have no doubt that something will happen as predicted eventually, if you say enough things will happen you'll get lucky at some point. But that's all it will be. So really does it not make you wonder?

But do you know it was an accident?, maybe a kill switch installed, with a man in the middle device, it occured "somewhere" between Alexandria, Egypt, and Palermo, Italy, running to the middle east,south east asia, lots of info passing through that fibre optic cable, why is that only explanation is they were severed by anchors?, because most people believed it and said it?

If I were Israel and I had that cable off my coast, I'd sever it in 2 locations, one I'd rejoin with said device, quickly, the other I'd leave cut.

Any number of hightech devices could be inserted into the cable, coating material seamless,rejoined at a 180 degree angle, virtually impossible to detect, the repair men come along and find the severed piece a distance away, fix it, all's well, internet restored.

Whats this internet kill switch obomber was talking about, take an awful lot of server shutdowns to use.

The device wouldn't need high transmitting power and a reciever, tansmitter, remote killswitch on the sea bed not too far away would make a great gadget to intercept an awful lot of info, and turn off an awful lot of connections at will, when need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

meglome wrote: »

LOL I was actually thinking the same about this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055949195

Every time I pop onto boards, it seems to be on the front page. Invasion imminent we're assured, and nearly six weeks later we're still waiting on it!

uprising2 wrote: »
    But do you know it was an accident?, maybe a kill switch installed, with a man in the middle device, it occured "somewhere" between Alexandria, Egypt, and Palermo, Italy, running to the middle east,south east asia, lots of info passing through that fibre optic cable, why is that only explanation is they were severed by anchors?, because most people believed it and said it?

If I were Israel and I had that cable off my coast, I'd sever it in 2 locations, one I'd rejoin with said device, quickly, the other I'd leave cut.

Any number of hightech devices could be inserted into the cable, coating material seamless,rejoined at a 180 degree angle, virtually impossible to detect, the repair men come along and find the severed piece a distance away, fix it, all's well, internet restored.

Whats this internet kill switch obomber was talking about, take an awful lot of server shutdowns to use.

The device wouldn't need high transmitting power and a reciever, tansmitter, remote killswitch on the sea bed not too far away would make a great gadget to intercept an awful lot of info, and turn off an awful lot of connections at will, when need be.

There's a reason he stated "Occam's Razor" in his post.

Einhard wrote: »
    There's a reason he stated "Occam's Razor" in his post.

Why is that, so we have no other possibilities to think about?, great principle to keep everyone dumb and question nothing, must use it sometime, just not now.

Why is that, so we have no other possibilities to think about?, great principle to keep everyone dumb and question nothing, must use it sometime, just not now.

Occam's Razor does the opposite of excluding thinking. It encourages it with a view to arriving at a conclusion that's most likely given the facts.

• Advertisement

Look as Einhard said I'm not excluding anything whatsoever. We know that undersea cables get accidentally cut all over the world. Obviously they get cut more often in places they are nearer the surface and where there are a lot of ships. Also how would cutting Iran partially off the internet really effect them too much. They'd still have other cables, both sea and land based, satellites, radio, microwave etc. So by far the most likely explanation is accidental damage but instead it was a prelude to invasion.... sound familiar?

And what bonkey said.
    bonkey wrote: »
    You could do all sorts of fun things, most of which would be variants of the basic "man-in-the-middle" attack.

The thing is this, though.....lets forget for a second that we're talking about an undersea cable, but rather a straightforward pole-to-pole telegraph and you're a seekr1t agent who wants to tap the line.

If you had no access to the company who owns/maintains the line, then cutting the cable is the last thing you want to do, because that will force said phone company to come out and repair it....at which point, they'll notice some stuff (your tapping equipment) where it isn't supposed to be. At the very least, one can expect that they'd remove it.

If you had access to the company, then there wouldn't be any need to cut the cable. You could just install whatever you wanted under the guise of standard repairs / line-checking...or indeed just do it where the cable terminates, rather than hidden under the ocean somewhere.

Bearing in mind that this cable is underwater, there are more problems. Lets say you've somehow cut it to tap it and that's what it was all about. So you now have a tap, underwater. What do you do? String another cable along the seabed, where none is supposed to be, to where you can actually do something and just hope no-one ever sees it? Rig up a powerful transmitter and work wirelessly, and just hope that no-one ever notices that there's a big radio signal originating from around where the cables were cut, and ends up listening-in to your listening-in operation?

At the end of the day, none of it really makes sense, except maybe the possibility that someone wanted someone else to have seriously reduced bandwidth for some reason, for a short period of time. Beyond that...trying to guess who the various someone's are, and why they might want it is just an exercise in fantasy, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Occam's Razor does the opposite of excluding thinking. It encourages it with a view to arriving at a conclusion that's most likely given the facts.

I agree, but in oreder to use occams razor you first need facts. If your facts are wrong then you'll come to the wrong conclusion. You must have the true facts for it to be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I agree, but in oreder to use occams razor you first need facts. If your facts are wrong then you'll come to the wrong conclusion. You must have the true facts for it to be useful.

This, however, is not a limitation of OR per se, but rather of all methods of reasoning.

No matter what line of thought you take, if you base your thinking on incorrect information, you'll come to the wrong conclusion (barring luck, which would also apply in the case of Occam's Razor).

Didn't this happen while Iran was opening its oil bourse though..
    This has happened a couple of times..

Ohh so using occams razor, if more people believe me and assume my assumption is the most obvious then I'm right and it's fact, case closed?

Does truth ever be considered while shaving with your occam?

LOL I was actually thinking the same about this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055949195

Every time I pop onto boards, it seems to be on the front page. Invasion imminent we're assured, and nearly six weeks later we're still waiting on it!

What will happen when it does happen, time can be counted in second's, minute's, hour's, day's, week's, month's, year's, decade's etc.

6 weeks is 42 days, so it hasn't happened in 42 days, I dont remember digme giving an exact number of days, I'm 13,000 days old, am I wrong to count my age in days?

This wasn't a prediction, they've been ready to strike Iran for a long time, many days, maybe they were on the brink, even within minutes many times and something happened that it was cancelled.

Any idea when Ahmadinajad and hillary will make love, his box of cuban's are getting stale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

What will happen when it does happen, time can be counted in second's, minute's, hour's, day's, week's, month's, year's, decade's etc.

6 weeks is 42 days, so it hasn't happened in 42 days, I dont remember digme giving an exact number of days, I'm 13,000 days old, am I wrong to count my age in days?

This wasn't a prediction, they've been ready to strike Iran for a long time, many days, maybe they were on the brink, even within minutes many times and something happened that it was cancelled.

Any idea when Ahmadinajad and hillary will make love, his box of cuban's are getting stale.

I think it's fair to say he implied that Iran would be attacked within days, whatever way you want to spin it now that that hasn't happened

Advertisement