Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Brazilian wax.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

snyper wrote: »
    Personally i find it very attractive when there is a degree of "grooming" done down there.
    for 2 reasons. Firstly, it tends to imply good personal Hygene and secondly it just looks great :D

From my own personal prefrence i find it a Major turnoff when you are with somone for the first time and you get greeted with a wilderness that would make Sherwood forest look like a small clump of overgrowth in me back yard.

+1.

Personally I prefer a totally clean shaved/waxed pussy & ass.

As for myself, I trim, very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i bought a kit to wax myself yesterday. i... may need some help with this... in an advice kinda way.. has anyone here actually waxed themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Here's a tip: don't apply more than one strip at a time. That may sound like a weird thing to say, but don't do it.

Because trust me, you'll only yank the first one off, like a trooper, with no idea how it's going to feell...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

it's not in strips! it's hard wax, i microwave it, and then apply it, in small sections it says... which means what? 1/4 at at time? an inch? i have no idea! and... there's no strips, i think i just rip the wax itself off after 30secs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

i... may need some help with this... in an advice kinda way.. has anyone here actually waxed themselves?

Don't do it Crumble Froo - leave that area to the pro's. there's going to be areas that you can't see so you won't get it right.... tried it meself once - went black and blue :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Jeez, I'm nauseous at the descriptions of pain in this forum!! Would maybe maybe have considered it as it lasts for how long? but ow ow ow..

Do You want to do the Hollywood for the bikini Froo?

Jeez, I'm nauseous at the descriptions of pain in this forum!! Would maybe maybe have considered it as it lasts for how long? but ow ow ow..

waxing lasts about 3 / 4 weeks

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 catho9000

A true hollywood is where the strip that is left is dyed blonde. brazillian - is where a small strip is left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Midna

i wax, the trick is to moisturize after. lots.

does anyone else find that waxing increases their sensitivity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Midna wrote: »
    i wax, the trick is to moisturize after. lots.

does anyone else find that waxing increases their sensitivity?

Midna has no genitals. Or any body hair at all.

She just spends her whole time riding on Link's back, the lazy little imp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Midna has no genitals. Or any body hair at all.

She just spends her whole time riding on Link's back, the lazy little imp.

Actually, she has red hair, which she uses as an arm and weapon :p

Someone hasn't gotten very far in the game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Games forum is over there ->

Back on topic kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

i bought a kit to wax myself yesterday. i... may need some help with this... in an advice kinda way.. has anyone here actually waxed themselves?

Be careful not to overheat the wax... did that once.. ouchies!!!!:eek:

What brand of wax did you get?

I do a brazilian/hollywood myself, i'm kinda lucky that i'm able to bend in weird ways and stuff hehe!! I do have 3 beauty therapist friends, might get them to do it sometime!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

lil smiler what wax do you use? i can bend in funny ways and have access to strong pain relief so would like to try this waxing lark myself first instead of paying for the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ive done brazilians myself and my personal preferance would be to use the strips NEVER the stuff you heat up, the hard stuff just seems to hurt sooooo much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

chuci wrote: »
    lil smiler what wax do you use? i can bend in funny ways and have access to strong pain relief so would like to try this waxing lark myself first instead of paying for the pain.

I just get the Veet strips, the ones that come in the box. i have bought the one you heat up in the microwave every now and then but I don't like when I have to try walk like John Wayne down the stairs to heat it up again!! And I just find the strips work better!!

I just bend, put a leg here, put a leg there,stretch this and that bit of skin and it works for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Naas/Newbridge for brazilian waxing for a first timer??

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭john_aero

ok as women will have more experience than men, whats story for males side? where and how as getting bit sick of using razor so often

just to clear it up, would prefer to DIY way to try it out

• Advertisement

john_aero wrote: »
    just to clear it up, would prefer to DIY way to try it out

best bet is wax strips. are you just doing a 'tidy up' or are you taking it all off?

depends on mood, i usualy have it all off or else leave the top trimmed an get rid of the rest

depends on mood, i usualy have it all off or else leave the top trimmed an get rid of the rest

for 'all off' you should go to a salon - seriously! they're well used to doing men aswell as women ;)

ya may do but time and money hahahaha

ya may do but time and money hahahaha

waxing doesn't cost too much - bout €30 quuid. And people say hair growth gradually decreases.....

ya maybe, trouble is certain areas could be some pain to get done.hahaha.

will have to give it some more taught. may just try the strips at some point

ya maybe, trouble is certain areas could be some pain to get done.hahaha.

will have to give it some more taught. may just try the strips at some point

certain areas ARE painful - trust me... just pop 2 Neurofen+ beforehand! DIY job will be just as sore - even more so in fact!!:eek:

i know, tempted to just stay with razon but wouldnt mind trying ot out to see how good it is

razor is crap, stubble etc.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Brazillian hot wax is the only way to go.
    Once you get over the shock of showing of your bits and pieces to some strange woman (it helps to remember that she's spent the who day looking at a dozen different muffs) it's grand. I find the most discomfort comes from the position you have to hold rather than the hair removal.
    It's so much easier, quicker and pain-free than trying to do it yourself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement