Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

funny stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Gordon wrote: »
    Pigman II you are also banned from PI btw.

Not again! :mad: What did I do this time? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Mairt wrote: »
    You read all that?... Wow.

I have the attention span of a gold fish and anything more than about four lines is lost on me.
    I actually read it too. It's the usual 'fight the powah' rant, along with the usual missing the glaringly obvious stupidity that is ranting about being banned due to posting in a thread entitled "post in this thread to get permanently banned"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Pigman II you are also banned from PI btw.

ha ha! Actually I read Pigmans comment earlier and I gotta say as bad as it was I thought it was hilarious!!! :D

Found it! Just a general quick-down! Girl in bath, boyfriend comes in drunk, holds her head down under water, shes in shock, jumps out, runs into bedroom and locks door.

Pigman II replies..."Some people just get turned on by that kind of weird stuff. I know I do! I even got turned on reading your post. Was it not exciting for you in the least?"

ahaha...I apologise for laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Pigman II wrote: »
    Not again! :mad: What did I do this time? :confused:
    Again? I'll need to make it a longer ban this time then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    ha ha! Actually I read Pigmans comment earlier and I gotta say as bad as it was I thought it was hilarious!!! :D

Found it! Just a general quick-down! Girl in bath, boyfriend comes in drunk, holds her head down under water, shes in shock, jumps out, runs into bedroom and locks door.

Pigman II replies..."Some people just get turned on by that kind of weird stuff. I know I do! I even got turned on reading your post. Was it not exciting for you in the least?"

ahaha...I apologise for laughing.

I thought it was an hilarious reply too.

Pi$$ed myself laughing, well almost!.

Just as well you guys didn't post it then!

Gordon, did you laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not been banned yet. if i get banned, hopefully it will be for something good

Gordon, did you laugh?
    No I didn't actually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

No I didn't actually. :)

Yea riiiiiiiiiiiight, I bet you did.

Cheeky Gal, fancy taking a bath with me?.

Mairt wrote: »
    Yea riiiiiiiiiiiight, I bet you did.
    What's the bet?

What's the bet?

1000 green M&Ms.

I'll take that, as long as it's the nutty ones.

No dice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Terry wrote: »
    I should also point out that I have been banned from AH and politics twice and banned from Pets and animals or whatever it's called once.
    The pets one was odd because I had never even posted there.
    :D
    Loxosceles wrote: »
    I got banned permanently from the Cuckoo's Nest in the GET BANNED HERE, STUPID thread when they stopped banning people out of sheer slugbutt laziness, and I posted LongCat just to see if they would start doing it again.

Hell just doesn't want me, and heaven is full. I am actually capable of astounding clarity and reason when I want to be. But since mods mostly ignore you for sharing loads of astounding and helpful clarity and ban you for one minorly annoyed slip of the finger, (leaving a massive wasteland of flabby, mildly chicken-flavoured soggy-cracker mediocrity that is not unlike those horrible gender-separated bully-rife guilt-mongering schools that many Irish unfortunates attended in your youth,) nailing down anyone with the chutzpah to stick out of the crowd, I thought, why not. My sell-by date on moderated forums (that don't discuss anything I actually like enough to remain pleasant and civil on principle) is rather short.

My qualifications to be a forum moderator, let alone a very productive poster with loads of time to waste indoors, are quite lacking, due to my inability to a) have self-esteem low enough to actually enjoy controlling what people say in a place that only exists in pixels, 1's and 0's, b) be an unemployable housewife or a hallucinating harpy, c) be intent on making up for all the bullying I got in school for being a geek by becoming Heinrich Himmler Von Moderator, d) be a pale blue troglodyte, a Morlock, a mediocretin, and allergic to the outdoors, and e) generally be Pink in the middle, terrified of real-world effectiveness, and oozing an astounding amount of ego-related hypersensitivity from all non-generative orifices.

Of course, as saying that will very likely get me banned even though it was about 20,000 IQ points higher than the silage that so-called free speech gives us on places like 4chan, I am afraid that the only option is to remain better than all moderators, get banned, and proceed to tut-tut at a system that wastes so much time with moderators m@sturb@ting their egos in a virtual conversation about f0kall, when there is this thing that could be invented called a killfile.

VIVE LA USENET!

/me bows deeply, sweeping the virtual ground with a virtual plumed hat and walking slowly away.

Loxosceles.
    You REALLY want to be a moderator don't you?
    I've been banned for a week for cracking an inappropiate joke towards gays. Now I'm currently banned for a MONTH for cracking a joke about batman (?) and then saying something along the lines of "oh no, am gonna get banned now..."! LOL! Only a day or two after coming off a previous ban!

Follow that!
    What forums were these on?
    Since this, I've been banned for the past 2 wks from Personal Issues for laughing at the fact that the first comment under a thread entitled "I'm obsessed with sex" was "PM me!"....what a joke.
    But PI is a serious forum that deals with sensitive issues - unhelpful comments aren't tolerated. Fair enough I think.
    Terry wrote: »
    He's a newbie. I always read newbie rants.
    Maybe a re-regged user?

Yep, it is funny but further proof that if your username has "pig" in it you shouldn't post in PI.
    Come on, guys, it's Personal Issues not After Hours.

I am also banned from PI :)

Dudess wrote: »

What forums were these on?

But PI is a serious forum that deals with sensitive issues - unhelpful comments aren't tolerated. Fair enough I think.

I am also banned from PI :)

Personal Issues.

They really need to chill out IMO :rolleyes:

I disagree Cheeky_gal. It's a very serious forum with threads started by people experiencing suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, abuse and so on. There is no place for lighthearted banter between posters and it says so on the charter. Some absolute idiots post utter crap on it - they really think they can treat it the same as After Hours - and your post is nowhere near the worst, but it's unhelpful and off-topic.

No to be fair you're right. BUT on certain comments like my "LOL"...been banned for 2 wks is off the wall stuff!

Personal Issues.

They really need to chill out IMO :rolleyes:
    Just trying to keep the threads an adult place to talk about things where people aren't ridiculed for their life issues, that's all :)

I'm sure if you posted a thread there about any issues you may be experiencing you wouldn't want someone to ridicule you would you?
    No to be fair you're right. BUT on certain comments like my "LOL"...been banned for 2 wks is off the wall stuff!
    When did someone ban you for just saying lol? Got a link?

• Advertisement

I'm currently serving a one-week ban from PI for getting into an argument on a thread started by a 25-year-old guy who fancies a 17-year-old girl and is wondering if he should go for it.
    I had no problem with anyone who said he may as well go for it since she's legal and she might be very mature etc, but I lost it with the guys who were advocating he treat her like a bit of fresh meat.

I'm currently serving a one-week ban from PI for getting into an argument
    I've never found you sexier than right now.

Why thank you, but I could look like Mary Harney and have the charisma of Enda Kenny.

Why thank you, but I could look like Mary Harney and have the charisma of Enda Kenny.

Could be worse. You could look like Enda Kenny and have the charisma of Mary Harney.

When did someone ban you for just saying lol? Got a link?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055204490

It was unfortunate. I wrote LOL! But it never showed up on the page so then I wrote AHA! But at the exact same time the mod was writing a warning cuz it appeared that my LOL did show up...not for me tho! So then I got banned. Very very unfortunate....

Pigman II wrote: »
    Could be worse. You could look like Enda Kenny and have the charisma of Mary Harney.
    Or the charisma of Pat Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055204490

It was unfortunate. I wrote LOL! But it never showed up on the page so then I wrote AHA! But at the exact same time the mod was writing a warning cuz it appeared that my LOL did show up...not for me tho! So then I got banned. Very very unfortunate....

Har har!

Ah yes. Understandable on Thaeds part. You could have PMd her an apology and the fact that you didn't read her warning.

Har har!

Funny, that's what i was thinking...
    Ah yes. Understandable on Thaeds part. You could have PMd her an apology and the fact that you didn't read her warning.

Did that...

to no effect....

:rolleyes:

Ah it's all in the past anyways...sure i'm back in it now. :D

• Advertisement

Ah well, at least you are back now.

Advertisement