Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from and get an exclusive discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

no p45

  • 20-06-2007 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 t'teflon

    my ex employer wont forward my p45 on, as we parted on not great terms, is there anything i can do? i skope to someone in the tax office, and they tell me i need it or i'll pay emergency tax.:confused:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ deco28

    call back the revenue again and tell them your waiting a number of weeks and they should issue a request on your behalf to your former employer who has to comply.

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 HashSlinging

    They have no right to withhold your P45, I'd Ring the tax office explain the situation to them.

  • Administrators Posts: 33,521 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ dudara

    Your previous employer has no right to withhold your P45. Get in touch with the Revenue - they can issue you with an emergency P45 based on their records, plus they will reprimand your ex-employer.

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭ jonny68

    Had a similar situation before myself, i told them i was going to make a complaint to the Revenue and they soon forwarded it on.

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 Siogfinsceal

    ditto - let revenue know what happened and they will ask the company for the p45 its awful that you could end up paying emergency tax because they want to be so unfair

  • Advertisement