Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no p45

Options
  • 20-06-2007 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

my ex employer wont forward my p45 on, as we parted on not great terms, is there anything i can do? i skope to someone in the tax office, and they tell me i need it or i'll pay emergency tax.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

call back the revenue again and tell them your waiting a number of weeks and they should issue a request on your behalf to your former employer who has to comply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

They have no right to withhold your P45, I'd Ring the tax office explain the situation to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your previous employer has no right to withhold your P45. Get in touch with the Revenue - they can issue you with an emergency P45 based on their records, plus they will reprimand your ex-employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Had a similar situation before myself, i told them i was going to make a complaint to the Revenue and they soon forwarded it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

ditto - let revenue know what happened and they will ask the company for the p45 its awful that you could end up paying emergency tax because they want to be so unfair

• Advertisement
Advertisement