Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Equality Now Screening

• 06-03-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Wanna see Serenity on a big screen again? or maybe for the first time?

As most of you know there are Screenings of Serenity being held around the world to benefit Joss's favourite charity Equality Now. Check out www.cantstoptheserenity.com

So this year there will be one in Dublin.

I'm in the final stages of planning so this is what I can confirm so far.

The cinema is booked for Satruday 16th June for approx 10 am in the Cineworld on Parnell St.

No details on the price of tickets just yet.

In the mean time I now have a dedicated e-mail for the screening so if you are interested please e-mail me at dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com with your name (both screen and real) and the number of tickets you would want so I can start seeing how much interest there is.

I'm hoping to do a raffle on the day and maybe having a few t-shirts for sale. All profits going to Equality Now of course.

Also maybe somewhere for a shindig afterwards but more details on that later.

Please remember: "SERENITY" was certified as a "15A" certificate and by the terms and conditions of exhibition licencing, Films classified in this category are considered to be suitable for those of fifteen and upwards. They may also be seen by younger children provided a parent or adult guardian accompanies them.

If you have any queries regarding this, please e-mail me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll be there anyway.

Oh and wasn't it a 15A certificate in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

You are correct. I'll edit my post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

lol im 15 in may..........will properly be there

posated info on boards.tv.......hopefully will attract 1 or 2 new people

Many Thanks.

Much obliged if you could send an e-mail to dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com so I can keep track of the potential interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

Ive responded by email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sounds good. Never saw it on the big screen first time around for a number of reasons (mainly my inactive friend who was too busy playing WoW to go and see it :rolleyes: ). But count one more in, barring some unforseen circumstance.

might no be able to go after all.........if it clashs with junior cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ICallHerVera

I'll be there!! Getting all excited about it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

It will clash with my J.C as well but I'll try and get my parents to let me go.

• Advertisement

aye,got pre report today,also inclued was junior timetable
    its the last saturday before the end of the junior...no way i will be able to go......sorry..........

situation change......turns out my exams are over day before screening,so shal lbe there!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah I was wondering what you were on about as they start on the 13th.

So glad it doesn't clash with the exams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gdez

I'd love to go & would go only i'll be in London that weekend.

Although i think i might be a bit old (at 27) if every1 is doing there Junior!

Oh Don't worry, there will be people of all ages there.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭supersaint3

is this going ahead or what?

Yes it is going ahead. As I am sure you can appreciate something like this takes time to organise and as I have a day job as well I would ask you to bear with me.

I am hoping to have tickets ready to go on sale later this month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I'm trying not to jump up and down in my chair, thinking about getting to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

oh! oh! I can go! I emailed you. It does clash with the JC, but never fear! I shall beat my way there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

gdez wrote:
    Although i think i might be a bit old (at 27) if every1 is doing there Junior!

I'm 31 and will probably go. Will know closer to the time.

may not be able to attend now, if going to artic monkeys on that same day

Artic Monkeys are playing two dates, the Saturday and the Sunday and besides Serenity will be well over before any concerts.

Apologies for the double post.

Ok folks tickets are now on sale.

Tickets are €20 and as previously stated the venue is the Cineworld on Parnell St. on 16th June. Film starts at 10.30 but I'm asking people to arrive early to accomadate the running of the raffle. The Doors open at 10 am.

There will be an after screening shindig but places are limited so when you are booking your ticket, please indicate if you will be attending the shindig. There'll be a few eats and a place to chat and meet some new browncoats.

Tickets will be charged in advance.

You can pay via Paypal. The paypal account for tickets is dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com Please put the name and address you'd like tickets sent to in the notes section of the payment page and mark the payment as service. If you wish to pay by cheque/postal order or Cash please email the screening address and I'll get back to you with details.

I'll also some bring tickets with me to the next shindig if anyone wants to get them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What screen is it in? Please oh please say 17...

any ideas on raffle prices?
    :D

I believe we will be in Screen 1. No way I could take the risk of trying to fil screen 17.

Raffle Prices? or Prizes?

Not sure of the price yet. €2 for a few tickets maybe I dunno. Don't quote me on that.

As for Prizes. I have a few things ready but I hope to get some more.
    If anyone would like to donate something for the raffle, it will be greatly received, just e-mail me at the screening address.

Also I have one very special item which is to gorram good for a raffle and I will be running an auction for it so make sure you bring your money ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Damn... Screen 17 would have been shiny in extremis. Ohwells.

how many does screen 1 hold?aka how many tickets?

• Advertisement

It holds 150

Advertisement