Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Equality Now Screening

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Patience is a virtue.

Not sure about that t-shirt. Can we please keep this thread limited to screening details.

The screening t-shirts will be available on the day. They will cost approx €15/€20 depending on what my shipping costs are. I'll know the confirmed price by the end of the week. If you want one (and you haven't pre ordered one) make sure you arrive early as they are extremely limited.

Here is what they look like.

Front
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/almarsare/t-shirt-front.gif

Back
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/almarsare/t-shirt-back.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Screening drawing ever closer.
    Its nice how it is during the exams. Gives us JC and LC people a break.

Tis indeed a snazzy shirt.

Now, to get back to the topic, Do you have any specs for the movie? How will it be projected? Film or digital? (I know. I know. Lousy way to try to get back to the point.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

My ticket is in the post can't wait, man I hope they have large coffees waiting us.

The film print is in Dublin and should be arriving at the cinema early next week.

So you never actually get to see it?
    Imagine getting to see a Serenity film print. You should charge a fiver for Equality Now to get your photo taken beside It.

Well, I would pay up, anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

anyone want a ticket to the post screening shindig?
    i cant go .........

Could you please e-mail me about it please. I have a waiting list of people hoping to get a shindig ticket if someone can't go.

slasher_65 wrote:
    So you never actually get to see it?
    Imagine getting to see a Serenity film print. You should charge a fiver for Equality Now to get your photo taken beside It.

Well, I would pay up, anyway.

I'm gonna ask to see it :D

Can I just remind everyone as well, that I have a record of all the ticket numbers and the names of those who bought the tickets.

If the names don't match the numbers when you arrive, you won't get in.
    If you can't make it, you need to e-mail me.

Ok sorry for the triple post. Trying to get all the last minute things done and I'm up to my eyes, so I don't have time to wait for someone else to post something ;)

Once again a huge thank you to everyone who has supported the event and Equality Now.

80% of the tickets have now sold.

If you are hoping to come to the event, now is your last chance to get tickets as you will have to give me time to post the tickets or meet you if you want to pay cash.

Tickets will not be available to buy or collect on the day. There will just be too many other things to do on the day and I'm gonna be stressed enough as it is. :)

Again don't forget your wallets on the day for the auction, raffle and t-shirts.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Stay Shiny

Almar

P.S. If you haven’t yet received your tickets yet, please let me know.

Just a heads up to everyone who has ordered t-shirts or wants to get a t-shirt.

The cost is now finalised at €15 and we would be very grateful if you could have the exact money on the day.

We now only have 15 tickets left.

• Advertisement

what time will the screenign be over at?

All going well, the movie should be over by 12.30 and the raffle and auction by 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Just heard about this. Are there still any tickets left?

15 i beleive....email almarsare ....her email is on the first post in this thread i think

I have 15 tickets left. Please e-mail me at dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right I will be there, who else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i am really looking forward to this oh and BTW if i am a bit of a state don't get freaked out
    im off to a 21st in a while dont expect to be getting any sleep whatsoever tonite

I'll be there :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just wondering if there are tickets left?
    I know, very last minute.
    An e-mail has also been dispatched.

Tickets are not available on the day.

Sorry

• Advertisement

went very well,aye?
    thought serenity was 10 times as good on the big screen........

That was stunning.

Even though I didn't get a Jayne hat. (speaking of which, what is the address of the website which sold those very fetching lanyards? I simply MUST have one!)

*grrrrr*

Thanks Almar!

what i would love to have is replica of "vera" (Janes Gun) tha i could mount on my wall, that would be savage.

Great day all hope to see you all at the next shindig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

the film looked savage on the big screen, really great show. i want a jayne hat too.

Great Job Almarsáre

Shiny :D

Glad you all had a good time. I just got in and a fantastic time. Thanks to everyone for coming and making it so much fun.

I'll post the final tally for Equality Now tomorrow when I am sober.

The web address for the lanyards is www.outtotheblack.com

Hope to see you all at the next shindig. Keep an eye out for the dates. It will be sometime in July

We had an almost full house. In the end we sold 154 out of 158 tickets.

Pre screening was busy with T-shirt Sales and Raffle Ticket Sales which better than I could have hoped for. T-Shirts sold out fast and raffle sales went swimmingly with one report of someone spending €60 on tickets. Thats approx $80.

I think in all the organising and panic before hand I had completely forgotten that I would get to see the movie myself. Seeing it back on the big screen was just beautiful. And I have no other words for it than that. There may have been tears.

After the movie I thanked all our sponsors and volunteers and my voice froze up a bit. I hate public speaking but that was the only thing to go wrong all day.

The auction was next which was loads of fun. A Christina Hendricks signed photo and a Joss Whedon signed soundtrack that had been donated sparked the biggest bidding wars.

Raffle was next which was again loads of fun. Some light hearted heckling and banter and then it was all over. A Last Thank You and then it was time to head to the shindig.

About half the cinema audience came to the shindig and our venue looked after us exceedingly well. Food was yummy. Mingled with all the new people. Pimped our shindigs so hopefully we will have some more people at the next few ones.

As the crowed started to thin out, we decided to move on. After a slightly tipsy detour to a toy shop (don't ask) we stopped at another pub for a few drinks and then we went for dinner at the best chinese restaurant I have ever eaten in.

One last pub after that and the long day was starting to hit people and it was home to bed.

I had an absolute blast.

Thanks to everyone who helped on the day. Best Crew Ever

And so lastly what you all want to know. The final amount raised for Equality Now from Dublin is €3,247.96

Thats great news i love the 96 cent part

I really did have great fun if i wasent so tired after the 21st i was at the night before i would have loved to say and this Chinese sounds interesting :) where is it because its been a long time since i had a popper duck cantonese style.

I was well happy with the whole thing and it really was something else to see on the big screen my mate who missed it was well pissed off after i told him

Heres to next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

It was amazing! When I first heard about the cinema screening I put the DVD away coz I wanted to be starved for serenity by the time the movie came back onto the big screen and it was fantastic!!! I had forgotton the bit at the and with Simon and Kaylee and it was just AMAZING!!!
    Great day and well done to everyone who organised it...now...whats this I hear about Shindigs in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Yeah ... had a great time .... was brilliant to see it on the big screen .... and see a lot of things I hadn't noticed before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Yeah, it was nice seeing it on the big screen again, had a good time in the pub afterwards. It was probably the only place in Ireland that i could say "that was the episode where River shot those 4 guys" and have people know what the hell i was going on about.

Advertisement