Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that piece...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Argh! Heard this yesterday on the station itself......

Can't remember, but let me go snooping.

Fillipa Giordano, aparently. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Fillipa Giordano, aparently. :)
    Proving very popular on iTunes, a bargain at .99 cent.

Can't go wrong! :)

/me notes delly's most recently played track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I dunno if anyone has heard of this but in the video games Tomb Raider 2 and Tomb Raider 3 you can play music on the stereo in Lara's house and it's pretty good...anyone know what these pieces are?!

• Advertisement

• Looking to find out the name of a piece of music/song from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. It's at one of the sad parts and has a kind of haunting, female voice (kinda Enya-ish).

Don't really have any more info, so not holding out much hope for any response. I could just buy the soundtrack, but its pricey enough considering i only want one tune.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Which of the movies do you hear the most in? Enya did do one of the tracks for the Fellowship of the Ring if I remember correctly.

Possibly it could also be Golem's Song, which was sung by an Icelandic (i think) woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Possibly it could also be Golem's Song, which was sung by an Icelandic (i think) woman.
    Emilíana Torrini. It's the end theme of TTT. I've got her five albums and rather like her stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

What's the background music on Draculette's website anyone?

http://www.angelagheorghiu.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 history_buff

Does anyone out there know the backround music to the EBS ad?? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    I'd like to know that too... it's getting on my nerves :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

for the son on LOTR look up a song by a composer named Shore. his song is called the fellowship or fellowship of the ring. something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

An aria called Casta Diva from Bellini's opera 'Norma'.

Is this the current music as this thread is quite old?

Pretty sure its still the same music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Oh! Are you talking about the jingle that they use? I always assumed they had made it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

I think they mean the music on the radio/television ad they have now for the station. As far as I know the dum-dum-dummm, diddle-dum, dum, dum jingle is their own. I have forgotten who wrote it for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

There are 2 ads for Lyric. One is a repeat one with the chap in the car and the other is a new one. It's this one I'm interested in. I know it's the same singer but the track doesn't sound the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 classic_master

Casta Diva from Norma by Bellini, sung by Filippa Giordano
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1heO5DaqZw
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 anacochon

hi, whats the piece of music in the ad for Lyric Fm - its the one where the guy is sitting in his car in the green,eyes closed, completely absorbed in the music and then the cop comes over and he's actually in city centre - cop says "enjoying yourself" or something like that

thanks

Link in the post above yours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

Whats the name of the classical song at the end of this rte documentary??

Help!!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/futureshock/av_20070618.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

There's a sticky for things like this you know.

Not got a clue about the piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Can anyone help me with this one I think its a classical piece the theme tune from the movie True Romance I think it was also used in an ad for the Irish Times a few years ago. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Odysseus wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this one I think its a classical piece the theme tune from the movie True Romance I think it was also used in an ad for the Irish Times a few years ago. Cheers

That's called "The Beach Song" by Hans Zimmer. If you can't get it I'll e-mail you an MP3 of it.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Seanie M wrote: »
    That's called "The Beach Song" by Hans Zimmer. If you can't get it I'll e-mail you an MP3 of it.

Seanie.

Cheers mate I have been wondering what it was for years, well just in the back of my mind. I only thought of asking here today, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The name of this classical tune has been bugging me for years: it's always used by Sky Sports and other tv stations for trailers for an upcoming clash of titans e.g. like Liverpool vs Man Utd, Tyson vs Holyfield etc.

it's kind of a march, maybe from an opera and sounds like it could be by Wagner. it has a very recognisable melody in a minor key and features a full symphony orchestra. it's also a little reminiscent of darth vader's 'imperial march' music from star wars.

For anyone that knows music theory, the main melody goes something like AA CC EE CC AA CC E C, and then the same pattern up a forth DD FF AA FF DD FF A F.

Any ideas????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭sdep

The name of this classical tune has been bugging me for years: it's always used by Sky Sports and other tv stations for trailers for an upcoming clash of titans e.g. like Liverpool vs Man Utd, Tyson vs Holyfield etc.

it's kind of a march, maybe from an opera and sounds like it could be by Wagner. it has a very recognisable melody in a minor key and features a full symphony orchestra. it's also a little reminiscent of darth vader's 'imperial march' music from star wars.

For anyone that knows music theory, the main melody goes something like AA CC EE CC AA CC E C, and then the same pattern up a forth DD FF AA FF DD FF A F.

Any ideas????

Could it be the Knights' Dance from Prokofiev's ballet Romeo & Juliet?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wvMACFYOE1A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

that's it! brilliant, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

anyone know what the piece is in the new ad for the renault magane? The ad itself is a load of car parts whizzing down a hallway and assembling as the car,a yellow sports megane. So anyone know what the piece is?? I was sitting here with my guitar when it came on and I figured out 2 bars from it just because of it's repetitive nature. It's a total shred piece and I'd love to see someone playing it on a violin! Vanessa May, cause she's hot! ahem! thanks! ^^

Advertisement