Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuicideGirls Photoshoot

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

howdy - just to let you know that new pic was also in this thread :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054986289

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Hey guys!

I'm shooting my first Suicide Girls set on thursday and I need some advice on lighting.
    It seems you just about got all the lighting advice you're going to get here.
    Secondly, I'll prob be lookin for a photographer to shoot my next set soon. You'll not get paid for it but I will let you have some of the pix for a portfolio. It's a BIG thing to say you've shot an SG shoot! If the set gets accepted I'll throw ya some cash to say thanks. PLUS ya get to see me naked! ;)
    Strange I dont know you from around the scene but anyways. Why do you make much a big fuss about how great SG 's is . Been roped into shooting 2 sessions which I'm not all too happy about I see the whole idea of posting up your all to SG's website a bit pointless.

Come if you want to start off alternative modeling don't do SG's it's considered to be just kids that have nothing better to do with their time.

You look well in Morlar shots and have real potential but try loose some of the face metal and work on that hair. Get some real studio shots done maybe by Hector http://www.hectorheathwood.com

Hey he's free has tons of props and very good give him a call or mail showing him Morlar BW pic.

Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I've met Hector. He's absoultely amazing. I hope to work with him in the future.

And why would I wanna loose the work on my face? I love it and so does lotsa other people.

I've wanted to do SG for a very long time. It means a HUGE amount to me. I don't want to be a model. No way have I got a figure for 'real' modelling, and I don't intend on achieving one any time soon. SG is everything I stand for. I believe in helping change the way the world percieves what's beautiful and what's ugly.

I understand that SG has recently been all about thin girls with big boobs. As my friend said, it's VERY Playboy these days. That's not what I'm about. I wanna change that. or at least contribute to bringing SG back where it belongs. With real alternative girls. Individual girls. Not fake ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

And why would I wanna loose the work on my face? I love it and so does lotsa other people.

I've wanted to do SG for a very long time. It means a HUGE amount to me. I don't want to be a model. No way have I got a figure for 'real' modelling, and I don't intend on achieving one any time soon. SG is everything I stand for. I believe in helping change the way the world percieves what's beautiful and what's ugly.

I understand that SG has recently been all about thin girls with big boobs. As my friend said, it's VERY Playboy these days. That's not what I'm about. I wanna change that. or at least contribute to bringing SG back where it belongs. With real alternative girls. Individual girls. Not fake ones.

Hey Fantasy. Just wanted to say that I really admire your ideals and determination. Fair play to you in pursuing what you really want to do. I've viewed your pics taken by GK, and think you look brilliant - your confidence and expressions are what makes them pics.
    Good luck in whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

You're not one of these, .. "emo" birds, are you?!

• Advertisement

Do you want a slap? What makes you think that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hey now...

There'll be no slapping...we all know what happened the last time that came up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Anyone count how many girls have posted to this thread??

I didnt even read if until now, couldnt be bothered when I saw the title, but then Ali mentioned something about it and had no idea what she was on about so thought I better check it out.

Hmmmm boys and their (non-gadget) toys eh

Rather confused. Do elaborate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Fajitas! wrote:
    Vaseline on your lens tar? ;)
    look at Fajitas, such a professional photographer!

You know vaseline on a lens is an amateur way of blurring the image if the model so necessitates it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

H&#250 wrote: »
    You know vaseline on a lens is an amateur way

??

Er, Ian, it's actually an accepted method of bending light to produce abstract effects.

If I wanted something blurred, I'd put it out of focus :)

Besides that, it was a joke!

Interesting. here's a question for ya. I need to buy two new cams for my college course. I need a film one and (I want!) a digital one.
    Now I'm a COMPLETE beginner. I've NO clue of ANYTHING...... So give me reccommendations and where to get ones.

Thanks loves!
    xoxoxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Interesting. here's a question for ya. I need to buy two new cams for my college course. I need a film one and (I want!) a digital one.
    Now I'm a COMPLETE beginner. I've NO clue of ANYTHING...... So give me reccommendations and where to get ones.

Thanks loves!
    xoxoxo

If you have to get two cameras then I'd suggest getting an SLR with interchangeable lenses. It'll be more expensive than buying a compact digital camera but makes way more sense. Any lenses or accessories you buy will work on the digital camera too. Plus you could buy a bargain 35mm SLR now with a cheap lens, build up your kit and eventually buy the digital body when you've saved more money. Nearly all third level photography course still teach a lot of darkroom work. So a digital won't be much use straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

For the film system, you could buy an Olympus OM-1 for cheap on Ebay. Expect to pay 60-100€ for a body and 50mm 1.8 lens.

The Japanese Zuiko lens system you're buying into with the OM cameras is great. Great glass for cheap.

That's as far as my experience stretches, but two thumbs up from me.

Ok. So on Olympus OM-1 then? I'll get my Da on it... Thanks lads!

xoxoxoxo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tab126

Was that picture of fredmiranda by any chance? It looks terribly familiar.

That said, I WISH I had the talent and equipment to even attempt these shots. But money being what it is (difficult for me to obtain), I've yet to invest in the $3k f/1.0 lens... or any studio equipment. But if anyone needs a helper, I do want to learn this stuff...

WOW wow wow tab123

What would you want with a F1 lens? Would love to know :)

Seb.

Psssssh, F/1...

What you NEED is a Canon F/0.95...

about a quarter of the cost too, all you need then is an rangefinder mount->slr mount...And not have to care about autofocus. Though at f0.95, autofocus wouldn't be worth a kick in the balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

tab126 wrote:
    Was that picture of fredmiranda by any chance? It looks terribly familiar.

What picture are you referring to here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Na pop the Canon on the Lovely Canon & RF body and your in heaven.

and the Nocti (Leica F1.0) is a pretty lens. Dnt ever buy a new onw tho, they go 2nd hand cheap cause their very hard to use so many buy and sell off.

Fajitas why not go for the Old F0 ?

http://www.mudhaus.com/camera.html

I heard Mudhaus will be at photokina this year and displaying CESIUM gas lens just hope they see how much professional intrest there is in the F0 and maybe there will be an Four Thirds mount released.

Can but only dream.......

Seb.

That's crazy...

Dear lord what ARE you people are you damn well talkin about? My head is in such pain..... Listen. I need to buy some sorta cam tomorrow. I'm going into town. I've a budget of about 150. 200 if I have to. I need something to fill my sexy little cam bag!! :D

You'll figure out when you start college, don't worry.

This might be just what you need.

www,canon.com/cameras/canon89645842967#

:D

Advertisement