Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert reunions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I just pre-booked my ticket on ticketmaster.ie to avoid disappointment. Can't wait, going camping and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My parents seem pretty cool about it so far since I tidied my room.

cos not tidying room=not allowed to Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

"Mom, can I go hitchhiking across Brazil on my own, during the summer, while holding a tank of flesh-eating AIDS on my back?"
    "Not until you've cleaned your room."
    "Yay!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

"...well your mom said yes, but if you think we're going to pay for the tank of flesh-eating AIDS you've got another thought coming."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

I'm allowed hike 200km across Central Europe with a friend for two weeks, but not to go to Oxegen. Go figure...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Your parents have their priorities sorted. Where in Central Europe?

Wampyrwald, northern Czech republic. You know, where the high school kids dissappeared on the full moon during their camping trip, thirteen years ago to the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Does anyone know if Smashing Pumpkins are booked for oxegen or if it's just a rumour?

Does anyone know if Smashing Pumpkins are booked for oxegen or if it's just a rumour?

Rumour, the only person that said they were getting back together was Melissa Auf Der Maur. They have no plans for a tour so there is absolutely no chance of them playing at oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

carlowboy wrote:
    Rumour, the only person that said they were getting back together was Melissa Auf Der Maur. They have no plans for a tour so there is absolutely no chance of them playing at oxegen.

That's not true. A spokesperson for their record label confirmed that Billy and Jimmy (the main songwriting force for the band) had resigned as The Smashing Pumpkins and were entering the studio.
    Jimmy ssid that he was still in email contact with Iha but hadnt talked to D'Arcy in years.

As far as I know they did confirm that they would be playing festivals.

Whether it'll last who knows and maybe they won't come here. Last time they did Billy nearly quit the business because of what happened. And remember Zwan was also Billy and Jimmy and they weren't great.

• Advertisement

Garret wrote:
    That's not true. A spokesperson for their record label confirmed that Billy and Jimmy (the main songwriting force for the band) had resigned as The Smashing Pumpkins and were entering the studio.
    Jimmy ssid that he was still in email contact with Iha but hadnt talked to D'Arcy in years.

As far as I know they did confirm that they would be playing festivals.

Whether it'll last who knows and maybe they won't come here. Last time they did Billy nearly quit the business because of what happened. And remember Zwan was also Billy and Jimmy and they weren't great.

Possibly, I got my information of the oxegen board (which is filled with knobs). I love the pumpkins and would love them to play, but I can't see it happening

Not quite sure yet. Going to Prague for teh Choral Festival (23rd-26th) anyway, so Billiam once again strikes the proverbial nail on the literal head.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Okay, well I'm definitely going to the Dresden Dolls, contrary to what I said before.. but Oxegen is .. erm. Well I didn't get tickets, stupidly, since Guy told me about the presale tickets but I forgot >.< So if another batch come out in a couple months I'll be getting them then hopefulleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was raving about not having gotten the tickets, but my dad was in ticketmaster today and the guy there said they usually release a batch around may/june to combat scalpers so there is still hope yet :)

In themeantime roll on the Dresden Dolls :)

Yay! Tickets came in the mail, so all is good.

Sounds promising about Oxegen anyways!

They have mail in Connaught now...? *narrows eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Er, there's 18 pages of this and i haven't been on in a while. Who's going to Oxegen? I am.

Dont let that put you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

Hey meeka and piste. I don't think I know you, but I am a fellow CTYIer and I will be at Dresden Dolls (hopefully anyway), so I guess it's all good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jeezie Creezie

Is anyone going to Metallica or Guns N' Roses?

P.S. Who's surprised G N' R got back together? *looks around hopefully* *dammit* Best rock band ever in my opinion.

Is anyone going to Metallica or Guns N' Roses?

P.S. Who's surprised G N' R got back together? *looks around hopefully* *dammit* Best rock band ever in my opinion.

Back together? Its Axl Rose with some people he picked up off the street ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

they never broke up, all the worthwhile members just left, with Slash having sold the rights to the name to Axl, who's been raping it for a decade. Besides, they were never that great. The current musicians have even more skill. Buckethead is a better player than Slash, but as a musician he sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Velvet Revolver are probably closer to GnR than GnR are now.

Buckethead is a better player than Slash, but as a musician he sucks.

Pity he left when they finished Chinese Democracy, or so I was told.

anybody going to the dresden dolls get there early cos support is coming from the fantastic Chuzzle. Check him out www.myspace.com/chuzzle
    Christ im almost tempted to go just to catch him

Aren't Devotchka (or something) supporting Dresden Dolls?

meeka wrote:
    Aren't Devotchka (or something) supporting Dresden Dolls?

not according to mcd
    http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1209435432&xname=dresdendolls

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

My ticket says otherwise

Aye, both ticketmaster and my ticket says Devotchka

according to his own, self maintained site, he is supporting them. He'll probably be first on followed by DeVotchka and then the dolls themselves

amanda streaked at glasto last year. During Bright Eyes' set she ran on fully naked and kissed Conor. He however was too pissed to remember that or a number of other more contaversial things from his set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Oh, who all's going to In Flames next Tuesday?

Advertisement