Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert reunions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

pfft...
    get a fake ID...
    note: CTY students do not really use fake IDs to get into over age concerts, the above case is hypothetical.
    Then edit it out you tosser. Boards.ie is legally responsible for EVERYTHING you say, try not to get this board shut down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

As I said on IRC, I just said I hadn't the money for one and I didn't know where to get one, not "omg lolz where do I get 1 lol!!111111one".

Boards.ie is legally responsible if Guy tells me on this thread where to get a fake ID, discussion of IDs, fake or otherwise, is harmless.

Although perhaps Guy should edit it to something like " A fake ID'd get you in no bother but it's not a wise idea and I'm not recommending it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Or just removing it;s post in the entirety. It's a well known fact that the CTYI staff read this board (Hi Colm!). And it's also a fact that they let us use the name CTYI for this board. They're not obliged to, we're not entitled to.

Nyow, if we start talking about fake ID's here then they could go "Hmm, don;t want that sort of talk published with our name, makes us look bad." Then they email boards.ie who aren;t obliged to give us a forum and, if it becomes too much bother, can quite simply just remove it. What the good DeVore giveth he also taketh away.

Wouldn't that be a bad thing?

Unlikely to happen, much worse things have been discussed here and the board is still in existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Raphael wrote:
    Nyow, if we start talking about fake ID's here then they could go "Hmm, don;t want that sort of talk published with our name, makes us look bad." Then they email boards.ie who aren't obliged to give us a forum and, if it becomes too much bother, can quite simply just remove it.

Soz....... can't see it happenin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently the Ambassador have reverted to their policy of not giving a **** and are just saying it for insurance purposes. My hopeful list at the moment it:
    *Pogues (Ticket got)
    *Cryptopsy (Ticket not got yet)
    *Obituary (Ticket got)
    *Bauhaus (Ticket not got yet)

In that order too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Kaizer Chiefs! Who's with me!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Kaizer Chiefs! Who's with me!?!

ya, but only after tiesto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Raphael wrote:
    Or just removing it;s post in the entirety. It's a well known fact that the CTYI staff read this board (Hi Colm!). And it's also a fact that they let us use the name CTYI for this board. They're not obliged to, we're not entitled to.

Nyow, if we start talking about fake ID's here then they could go "Hmm, don;t want that sort of talk published with our name, makes us look bad." Then they email boards.ie who aren;t obliged to give us a forum and, if it becomes too much bother, can quite simply just remove it. What the good DeVore giveth he also taketh away.

Wouldn't that be a bad thing?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    OH MY GOD CTYI people use FAKE IDS!
    Call the FBI!!!!!! I'm sure Colm was young once (Hi Colm!) and understands the plight of the under 18 who wants to see their favourite band, not necessarily to drink at all.I don't see him claiming responsibility for this site, if anything it's unofficial.So what they read it, it's only sensible for them.If it was something like 'I plan to get a fake ID so I can drink in CTYI next year', then they'd have a problem.

You should learn to chillax, stop living in people's pockets. I'm sure even 'the good DeVore' was young once.Let's face it, nearly everyone, everywhere has at some stage tried to get something/get in somewhere that strictly speaking you have to be over 18 for.So what?Boys will be boys.Or do you really want us to believe that your that naive?IMO nothing magical happens the day you turn 18 that makes it alright for you to drink.Some 40 year olds still aren't responsible enough to drink and I can think of some 14 year olds that I would trust much more with a drink (although they should probably wait for their bodies to be able to handle it).It's just a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Yazamalainia

i couldnt be bpothered backtracking so this could have been stated already....
    but did anyone go to foo fighters??? i saw dave staunton outsaide i shouted but he didnt hear me, which is really weird cos the EXACT same thing happened last year outside the blink 182 concert...

and just in case is anyone gona go to fall out boy or all american rejects??
    COME ON PEOPLE!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes, going to Fall Out Boy. Hurray.

Anyone going to Alkaline Trio, actually?
    23rd of February, Ambassador.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Yes, going to Fall Out Boy. Hurray.

Anyone going to Alkaline Trio, actually?
    23rd of February, Ambassador.
    lol, Fall Out Boy, are you serious?!?
    but on the subject of Alkaline Trio, i will (hopefulleh) be in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes? I love Fall Out Boy...

dont dis fall out boy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

yeah whats with the dissing of fall out boy! they rock!

I Have my Ticket to Bauhaus now!

Thank you Santa! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I don't yet...

ok ok coheed and cambria, anyone?! i hear they're coming? purple fist mixer are ya with me!?

whats bauhaus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

An old school goth band, I believe. Finally, got my Obituary ticket! Anyone else going besides Dave and myself?

• Advertisement

ok ok coheed and cambria, anyone?! i hear they're coming? purple fist mixer are ya with me!?
    hmmm coheed and cambria, perhaps...
    but on the subject of Fall Out Boy, they suck soooo much, but the guy with the glasses looks a little bit like lake...
    whos coming to Bell X1 and Jose Gonzalez on the 30th january, i may even be giving up Bauhaus for this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

anyone for some System in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Assuming they play. Rumours aren't worth ****e, and those have been floating around for ages with no confirmation. You're not missing Bauhaus Guy! Anyone for In Flames and Sepultura in March?

Bauhaus sind die Besten gothmusik band. Kommen sie aus England. Sie werden um die 28sten Januar in Dublin spielen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Got my ticket for In Flames yesterday!

Undergod wrote:
    Bauhaus sind die Besten gothmusik band. Kommen sie aus England. Sie werden um die 28sten Januar in Dublin spielen.

gehst du?

Assuming they play. Rumours aren't worth ****e, and those have been floating around for ages with no confirmation. You're not missing Bauhaus Guy! Anyone for In Flames and Sepultura in March?
    My sources tell me that System are indeed playing in march,
    and yes i am, i got my Bell X1 ticket today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Undergod wrote:
    NAZI!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭odranCN

My sources tell me that System are indeed playing in march,
    and yes i am, i got my Bell X1 ticket today.

well its a bit late for such a close date for system, they would sell out but surely they have some advertising by now what with it in 3 months:cool:

• Advertisement

Piste wrote:
    gehst du?

Ich hoffe das ich gehe werden, aber ich weiss nicht. Ich müsse mit meine Eltern sprochen.

Advertisement