Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

How much is my computer worth?

1356785

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Even throw it out at say 3.4 or 3.6 make sure that its 100%cool. Anyway on the Bigwater itd be expected to be overclocked.

    well put it this way @ 3.9ghz temps are roughly 35degrees idle, 50+ on load. Or about 30degrees [email protected] stock speed, so its a crime not to overclock this rig (also it is a prescott + asus board, these are savage overclockers) :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    Wow thats one hell of a chip ya have there man!!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Wow thats one hell of a chip ya have there man!!!

    when i first had it with different ram i was running it @ 4ghz pure stable :eek:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Kaydence Freezing Slacker


    Cheers people...

    I have no idea about the mobo. I have to find that one out. Is it important to post the makes of all the hardware?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Cheers people...

    I have no idea about the mobo. I have to find that one out. Is it important to post the makes of all the hardware?

    yeh it is best if u post all make/models of hardware, maybe links too


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 pontovic


    Hi, Im thinking of selling my system for an upgrade, any opinions here on what its worth ? Here are the specs

    Coolermaster Centurion Case (350W psu, front USB 2.0 and Firewire,Metallic)
    Amd Athlon XP 2800+ (333mhz FSB, 2080 mhz)
    Abit NF7-S 2.0 (AGP 8X, 5 PCI Slots, USB 2.0, Firewire, SATA, ATA-133, Nforce-2 Chipset, 10/100 LAN, Onboard sound)
    1gb PC 3200 DDR RAM (2 x 256mb + 1 x 512 mb)
    NEC DVDRW-+ 16X dual layer
    120GB 7200RPM Sata 150 hard drive
    Creative Labs Soundblaster Live 1024 Soundcard
    Cambridge Satellite Speakers and Sub.
    Keyboard and mouse
    No Operating system
    No monitor

    Thinking of selling it for an upgrade


  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ Zith


    Hi, planning to get rid of my second system. Would like to hear opinions of what it's worth..

    AMD Athlon XP 2800+, stock cooler
    MSI KT3 Ultra ARU Motherboard (Socket A, AGP 4x, USB2.0, LAN, has normal 2 IDE + 2 more RAID IDE - all ATA133)
    512MB PC2700 (one stick)
    Creative Audigy
    MSI FX5900 VTD128 (128MB RAM, video-in and out) with CDs
    20GB Hard disk
    DVD-ROM
    Aluminium case
    Gateway 19" CRT monitor VX900
    Keyboard + optical mouse

    Only issue with it is I have to leave one side off the case or it will overheat :o That FX5900 is an animal.

    Currently running SuSe 10.0

    Thanks,
    Zith


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Zith wrote:
    Hi, planning to get rid of my second system. Would like to hear opinions of what it's worth..

    AMD Athlon XP 2800+, stock cooler
    MSI KT3 Ultra ARU Motherboard (Socket A, AGP 4x, USB2.0, LAN, has normal 2 IDE + 2 more RAID IDE - all ATA133)
    512MB PC2700 (one stick)
    Creative Audigy
    MSI FX5900 VTD128 (128MB RAM, video-in and out) with CDs
    20GB Hard disk
    DVD-ROM
    Aluminium case
    Gateway 19" CRT monitor VX900
    Keyboard + optical mouse

    Only issue with it is I have to leave one side off the case or it will overheat :o That FX5900 is an animal.

    Currently running SuSe 10.0

    Thanks,
    Zith

    due to the overheating problem id say 400 maybe, youd really need to get that sorted before you sell it, get an artic cooler on the card and some case fans if u can, then maybe sell it for €500?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    pontovic wrote:
    Hi, Im thinking of selling my system for an upgrade, any opinions here on what its worth ? Here are the specs

    Coolermaster Centurion Case (350W psu, front USB 2.0 and Firewire,Metallic)
    Amd Athlon XP 2800+ (333mhz FSB, 2080 mhz)
    Abit NF7-S 2.0 (AGP 8X, 5 PCI Slots, USB 2.0, Firewire, SATA, ATA-133, Nforce-2 Chipset, 10/100 LAN, Onboard sound)
    1gb PC 3200 DDR RAM (2 x 256mb + 1 x 512 mb)
    NEC DVDRW-+ 16X dual layer
    120GB 7200RPM Sata 150 hard drive
    Creative Labs Soundblaster Live 1024 Soundcard
    Cambridge Satellite Speakers and Sub.
    Keyboard and mouse
    No Operating system
    No monitor

    Thinking of selling it for an upgrade

    hm maybe 600 if you are lucky :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ Zith


    gline wrote:
    due to the overheating problem id say 400 maybe, youd really need to get that sorted before you sell it, get an artic cooler on the card and some case fans if u can, then maybe sell it for €500?

    Good advice. I think the main reason is the case which for some reason has the PSU upside down (i.e. the cutout on the back part of the case means you can only put it in upside down). That in turn means the PSU fan that should be sitting above the CPU is instead facing the top of the case.

    Might just move it all into a different cheap case.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    Zith wrote:
    Good advice. I think the main reason is the case which for some reason has the PSU upside down (i.e. the cutout on the back part of the case means you can only put it in upside down). That in turn means the PSU fan that should be sitting above the CPU is instead facing the top of the case.

    Might just move it all into a different cheap case.

    Oooo yeah thts kinda dangerous.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Oooo yeah thts kinda dangerous.

    yeh thats not good, surprised the psu didnt overheat


  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ Zith


    gline wrote:
    yeh thats not good, surprised the psu didnt overheat

    Everything ticks along fine. What happens with the case closed is the CPU shuts down automagically when inside the case gets too hot. Vid card and psu are not really hot at all just the build up from everything without enough venting :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    Zith wrote:
    Everything ticks along fine. What happens with the case closed is the CPU shuts down automagically when inside the case gets too hot. Vid card and psu are not really hot at all just the build up from everything without enough venting :)

    new case mite be an idea so :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 RuggieBear


    ¦¦ Amd XP Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz
    ¦¦ Abit NF7-S v2
    ¦¦ 1Gb Adata pc3200
    ¦¦ Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128mb with VGA silencer
    ¦¦ Gainward [email protected] 7.1
    ¦¦ Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1
    ¦¦ Liteon DVDRW SOHW-832S
    ¦¦ 22" Diamond Plus 220
    ¦¦ Antec SmartBlue 350w
    ¦¦ Antec Lanboy Case
    ¦¦ Western Digital WD1200JB 120Gb HD
    ¦¦ Western Digital WD2000JB 200Gb HD


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    RuggieBear wrote:
    ¦¦ Amd XP Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz
    ¦¦ Abit NF7-S v2
    ¦¦ 1Gb Adata pc3200
    ¦¦ Sapphire Radeon 9800pro 128mb with VGA silencer
    ¦¦ Gainward [email protected] 7.1
    ¦¦ Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1
    ¦¦ Liteon DVDRW SOHW-832S
    ¦¦ 22" Diamond Plus 220
    ¦¦ Antec SmartBlue 350w
    ¦¦ Antec Lanboy Case
    ¦¦ Western Digital WD1200JB 120Gb HD
    ¦¦ Western Digital WD2000JB 200Gb HD

    Je pense environ €700euro monsineur RuggieBear.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 RuggieBear


    Je pense environ €700euro monsineur RuggieBear.

    Groovy thanks.:)

    I have a new sk43g barebones shuttle too. what's it worth?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    Hmmm if its this one?
    http://www.techzine.nl/extreviews/2364
    Empty.. Bout €125-150max.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 RuggieBear


    Hmmm if its this one?
    http://www.techzine.nl/extreviews/2364
    Empty.. Bout €125-150max.

    thank you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    Right. At the moment its:

    3.4Ghz Northwood
    Intel D865PERL Mobo (800FSB)
    2 x 256 PC3200
    ...sigh... ATI 9200SE (don't worry santa's coming soon)
    1 x 120GB Seagate IDE ATA100
    1 x 160GB Maxtor IDE ATA133
    CD/DVD rewrite Sony DRU-500A (soon to be 16x DRU-810A)
    19in NEC Multisync LCD
    Six Fan controller thermalthake
    350W PSU
    MSI TV Card
    Wireless Lan card (Ralink Chip)


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ rsynnott


    This is a bit like one of those websites where people post pictures of themselves with no clothes on... :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 Endurance Man


    riptide wrote:
    Right. At the moment its:

    3.4Ghz Northwood
    Intel D865PERL Mobo (800FSB)
    2 x 256 PC3200
    ...sigh... ATI 9200SE (don't worry santa's coming soon)
    1 x 120GB Seagate IDE ATA100
    1 x 160GB Maxtor IDE ATA133
    CD/DVD rewrite Sony DRU-500A (soon to be 16x DRU-810A)
    19in NEC Multisync LCD
    Six Fan controller thermalthake
    350W PSU
    MSI TV Card
    Wireless Lan card (Ralink Chip)

    You seem to have this thread a bit wrong, you post up here if your looking for a price on your parts ie:your selling it. This aint here to enlarge your epenis ;).


  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    You seem to have this thread a bit wrong, you post up here if your looking for a price on your parts ie:your selling it. This aint here to enlarge your epenis ;).

    Epenis - classic! Well, see I will be selling most of it in the next month or two anyways. The Ram, the mobo, the Optical drive, the Graphics card, and need to get a couple of SATA drives, or even a SCSI. only thing I'll keep is the CPU.
    I just had a quick look at the posts and seen everyone throwing out their rig specs and getting an estimate price back.


  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    rsynnott wrote:
    This is a bit like one of those websites where people post pictures of themselves with no clothes on... :)
    Well that could be arranged...... (joke)


  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    gline wrote:
    when i first had it with different ram i was running it @ 4ghz pure stable :eek:

    Gline - quick question(s)? What ram did you have? Was it DDR400? At what latencies? What voltage did the Prescott take to keep it at 4Ghz? Did you lock the memory speed, or just ramp up the FSB?
    Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    Im guessing that was with his pc4000 or pc4400.


  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    Im guessing that was with his pc4000 or pc4400.
    Hmmm... ya probably had it at 2.5CL minimum. If hes ramped the FSB hes gonna need the headroom.
    Although I did read somewhere that Asus boards have a hard time maintaining the PCI/AGP lock at high FSB!?!


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ masteroftherealm


    Its Gline youd be suprised wha he can pull off. 2-2-2-5 Id say(",)


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ gline


    riptide wrote:
    Gline - quick question(s)? What ram did you have? Was it DDR400? At what latencies? What voltage did the Prescott take to keep it at 4Ghz? Did you lock the memory speed, or just ramp up the FSB?
    Thanks

    the ram was only Corsair 3200XL, so i ran it @ about 420mhz 2-2-2-5, but it can do [email protected] 2.5CL, i ran with a divider and ramped up the fsb, the bus was running @ over 1ghz

    Voltage was set to 1.5v in the bios, but it spiked to 1.6v sometimes i noticed in cpu-z. I find asus the best for oc'ing after dfi. I also used twinmos PC4400 ram cl3 to get 4ghz previously
    Its Gline youd be suprised wha he can pull off. 2-2-2-5 Id say(",)

    thanks man :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 riptide


    gline wrote:
    the ram was only Corsair 3200XL, so i ran it @ about 420mhz 2-2-2-5, but it can do [email protected] 2.5CL, i ran with a divider and ramped up the fsb, the bus was running @ over 1ghz

    Voltage was set to 1.5v in the bios, but it spiked to 1.6v sometimes i noticed in cpu-z. I find asus the best for oc'ing after dfi. I also used twinmos PC4400 ram cl3 to get 4ghz previously



    thanks man :D

    Good sfuff. I must remember that.


Advertisement