Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite classical piece

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

woo mozart! My own personal favorite.

I love his Piano concertos 12, 15, and 23, and his symphonies from number 19+ are deadly.

I think that one of my most-loved moments in music is the development section of the allegro from his 40th symph. Same with the allegro in his 12 Piano Con, the movement and interplay between instruments is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 warpath

Thanks for the info dude. I also like Symphony No.40, but haven't listened to it enough to hear that... maybe I'll start right now. I forgot to state that I haven't listened to any of his Piano Concertos that are under the #19. I'm 100% confident that the ones you suggested are indeed incredible masterpeices and thats why you and I probably love Mozart so much. Another one is the last movement of "Jupiter". The 2 climaxes are played by the Bass! If you send me your e-mail I can send you a wonderful Harp Concerto in C major. The reason I want to send it to you is because you can't find it anywhere else. Go ahead and try, then send me your e-mail when you can't find it. It is truly beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

TimAy wrote:
    lol. I'm learning that Prelude at the moment. Well, learn is a loose term, i haven't been playing half enough lately. That piece is one of the most powerful pieces going on the piano.

Fair play, it's an impressive (and I'd say difficult) piece. The expression is what makes it so cool imo. Did you know he was 19 when he compossed it? Feckin genius.

I'm just about finished Ludovico Einaudis "Resta Con Me", and then I'm going to tackle Moonlight Sonata, as i've been meaning to do so for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Fair play, it's an impressive (and I'd say difficult) piece. The expression is what makes it so cool imo. Did you know he was 19 when he compossed it? Feckin genius.

I'm just about finished Ludovico Einaudis "Resta Con Me", and then I'm going to tackle Moonlight Sonata, as i've been meaning to do so for a while. :)

Yea, it's tough, but probably one of the easier rach pieces. The agitato section is what makes it, with the crescendo up to the machine gun like traids....and than..... FFFF.lol. I have a few in the pipeline, although i want to get this one done. Liebstraum by Liszt is a beauty. Moonlight sonata is a great piece. Never properly learned it though. I'll have to go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I was wondering could anyone help me. I'm trying to find some pieces in the epic style (carmina Bruana/ O verona vain), if anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated!
    Also does anyone know what the background music was to the lord of the rings ad, you know the one where the narator is saying "one ring to rule them all"
    anyway all help is much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irishghost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

I was wondering could anyone help me. I'm trying to find some pieces in the epic style (carmina Bruana/ O verona vain), if anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated!
    Also does anyone know what the background music was to the lord of the rings ad, you know the one where the narator is saying "one ring to rule them all"
    anyway all help is much appreciated

It's called Requiem for a Dream, savage piece of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

Oh and Vivaldi's Winter is probably my favourite, at the moment anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

The peice known as Montagues and Capulets by Prokofiev is my absolute fave. I'm a bit particular about the way I like to hear it played though. I like when the orchestra, when coming up towards the end of it, play it as if they're barely keeping control and it's all about to break out into mad noise at any minute. I don't know if there's a technical term for that! :o

Another one I love is Morning be Grieg. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye it's so beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 komputamuso

My top ten for what it's worth, in no particular order....

1) Albinoni - Adagio in G major
    2) Allegri - Miserere Mei Deus (will sing this before i die)
    3) Barber - Agnus Dei (ditto)
    4) Part - De Profundis (double ditto)
    5) Gorecki - Symphony of Sorrowful Songs (beginning to see a pattern here? Yeah, I'm a miserable git)
    6) Prokofiev - Symphony No. 1 in D major (Oh, what's this? Uplifting music? No way Kompo!)
    7) Bach - Organ Fugue in G minor
    8) Fauré - Pavane
    9) Williams - Schindlers (Oh does this count, what a sad loser I am)
    10) Mozart - Lacrymosa from Requiem in D minor (Oh, sung this one!)

Dreadfully obvious I know, I'm only a classical novice ya know....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

I quite like the Slavonic Dances and the Hungarian Dances by Brahms. Also Moonlight Sonata, though it really wrecks your hands to play

Advertisement