Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DS9...so is this it?

Options
  • 21-09-1999 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

finito?

omg that was one long series smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea it's finito here. Most naff ending to a series, I hope to god they don't make a movie (although they can't).

Voyager new season starts this Wed's smile.gif happy happy joy joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Yeh your right hobbes, saw "What you leave behind" on asf there at the weekend. Really disapointing ending, it doesnt explain a ****ing thing. Sisko has to stay with the prophets for "mabye a year" to "learn some things from them"?!!. Probably wouldve been better if theyd just killed him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

DS9 is somewhat of a disappointment overall, which is a shame, because about midway through the run, it had more potential than any of the other Star Trek series.

The war with the Dominion has been wasted because of the scriptwriters love of bizarre character-based drama. The characters are good, but by now are way too stereotyped for this sort of muck. It's clear that the plot arc has no real resolution... They tried to emulate Babylon 5 (the series whose idea they nicked in the first place, although in fairness JMS repaid the compliment by nicking the Voyager concept for Crusade) and it's character/story arc, but have failed miserably after looking promising for a while.

Compare the finale of DS9 to Sleeping In Light, the B5 series end; compare the winding up of the war with the Dominion to the end of No Surrender, No Retreat (the fourth season of B5, which encompassed the Shadow War and the war against Earth).

It's a shame.... DS9 has cool characters and a cool plot idea, it just didn't have the writing talent to implement them.

heard theres some series V in the works now.

ST is getting a bit long in the tooth now, I mean how are the script writers supposed to find any more ways to use barion particles or the deflector dish to solve life's little problems smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hey, don't diss ST. I did for years, and then they made Voyager, and I thought it sucked.... and then they got a few seasons in. Wow. That is such compelling watching... Interesting characters, cool inter-personal relationships, strong story arcs, great battle scenes (people actually shooting stuff in Star Trek! Wh00p!) and Seven Of Nine. What more could we want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

7 of 9 getting her kit off.

yes I still like it but I just think that the series itself is running out of steam.

The writers are constrained by Roddenberry's "bible", they're absoloutly terrified of doing anything different with the franchise.

like having 7 of 9 get her kit off smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sephiroth

no this isnt a reply
    remember me,before i moved to the a***hole
    of nowhere,weeeeeelll i went one step up
    after falling down 50 im in sligo IT
    but now ive got internet access wooohooooo
    later

SAY MY NAME B***H
    SEPH

yes I remember you, but I dont understand you smile.gif