Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think they consolidated alot of those individual options into packs after Covid when there was a chip shortage so first owner was forced to go with all or none in each pack. ACC is installed on the i4 but not enabled by default, you have to pay over 1k to have it activated over the air. Same with high beam assist, I think they charge €250 to enable it via the BMW app.

Premium brands will never give you stuff for free if they can get away with charging extra for it. I've seen one or two UK cars recently that had it being sold by smaller independent dealers. They tend to be specced originally by a private owner where as company car tend to be basic as they have a price ceiling for tax purposes. What year are you looking at? GT Motors tend to import very high spec BMWs but their prices can be off the walls and I'm not sure the warranty would be as comprehensive as the BMW Used Car warranty.

For example:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/3666100

https://www.carsireland.ie/3561961

Audi still charge extra for ACC too on most of their models despite it being standard on their cheaper cousins too for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I agree - i bought a 222 530e from beshoffs a week ago. very well specced uk import - 6,000 miles with msport+ pack, tech pack, comfort pack and sunroof for €56k.

Very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Woodie40

Great, great car, best of luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Extend the warranty the minute you can. You only get the option after the original 3 year is up. The electronic modules have a habit of going, KLE, EME etc and they are 1000’s to fix. 5 years additional warranty only will more than make up for getting caught with one module going out of warranty.

ok thanks - it’s under original warranty until December 2025 for now

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

Have been in both showrooms a few times, bought my 530 from GT Motors. They seem to only bring in higher spec whereas Beshoff could have a bit more mix of high and lower specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭GPoint

unlikely bog standard it’s more likely a Japanese import car.

Irish specs were never good on any car.

Toyotas now offer it though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭User1998

Nope, any Golf other than Trendline has it. You don’t need a Jap import or high spec model.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

my current 520d has the same except comfort and sunroof. I’m looking at costs at at the moment to move to 2022/23 I’d like the comfort seats, heated steering wheel, but don’t personally like comfort access for security reasons. Looks like my options are basically to get a spec like yours in a 22 or get a 23 like mine, possibly the 23 will also have less mileage. I’m leaning to 23 since CarPlay, lumbar etc are standard now also.
    any regrets?

• Advertisement

Using the granny charger last night for the first time in a while.

It would only charge at 6a. Is this normal? I never took notice before but this notices the time of completion seemed later.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I've only ever used the granny charger in one location (via an outdoor socket at my parents house) and I've seen similar performance.

My guess is that it's down to load on the circuit for that particular socket at that time - It does tend to wildly overestimate the time it will take to charge though - Saying 10/11 hours for a full charge when it's first plugged in but ultimately completing the charge in 6/7 hrs

cool. Once I know nothings wrong then I’m ok with that.

Zero regrets. The only thing i need to mind are the 20" wheels and kerbing/damaging them going into multi storey car parks.

I agree on comfort access i don't use it, you can switch it off. But the heated steering wheel, comfort seats and electric bootlid are brilliant.

Having lived with tech pack, comfort pack and sport+ packs i wouldn't buy another BMW without them - plus sunroof. The options make all the difference IMO and once you get used to them it'd be hard to step backwards.

Love my 530e, absolutely love it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I have the 20s on my current one and they aren’t worth it for the looks. I’ve looked at a couple of decent spec examples and the better spec’d ones are very overpriced for nice to haves imo. I’d like the seats and the heated wheel (I’ve always had tourings so electric boot standard) but I’ve not paying the cost of going a year newer with lower mileage for them. I guess the rarity of the better spec’d ones means they are trying to hold out for the right buyer. There is a bit of a shocking range of prices out there for them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

you can change the setting in the car to increase the charging rate for granny chargers - 10amp is safe enough on a modern house.

I used the bmw granny cable on a Tesla today and it immediately charged at 10a. So the bmw must be set to lower for some reason. I’ll check it tomorrow.

Sorted. Car was set to low charging setting in the iDrive. Changed it to max and now plugging away at 10a.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭islander222

Hello All, I stumbled across this great thread while researching my next car move (much appreciated information). I have a 2017 A6 diesel and want to move up a few years and really want to get into a 5 series. I really liked what I watched and read about the 530e reviews and after taking a test drive in a 2020 pre-facelift 530e it really solidified the desire to get into the hybrid.

I'm pretty sure my use case supports going for a 530e as 1) I have solar at the house 2) I commute 45km each way to work twice per week with the ability to charge for free at work 3) the remainder of my drives are local and short (maybe 5-30km per day) 4) about 10-12 long trips on up and down the country ~300km each way per year 5) between 18-20k km per year.

I think I prefer the 530e over the 520d (and its the 202 or 211 LCI facelift I am looking at) but my concern is the future resale value and depreciation and maybe even the battery health of the 530e - I would be buying a 3/3.5 year old hybrid with the plan of keeping it for 5-6 years… A lot of what I thought I read in this thread suggest vast majority are owning a relatively new car and moving on before warranty ends or extending warranty… I'm concerned about been left with a car I can't shift in 6 years time or a hybrid with any range left…

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭GPoint

buy a jap import 530e with tiny mileage and you should have less chances of hybrid going wrong during your years of ownership

• Advertisement
Advertisement