Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French rugby Updates : Le café du Rugby.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That is pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭ersatz

watched LAR Bordeaux, LAR are a shadow of their former selves. Wonder if this is the long hangover of their huge season last year followed by the WC. No chance of glory this year and then some of their key men are getting on.

Post edited by ersatz on

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Toulouse crush Stade Francais 49-18 at Ernest Wallon

Meafou gets 2 tries from close rannge to seal a BP win.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Clontarf_Jazz

SF were piss poor though - it was like they were afraid of the ball - not one of them wanted to take any ownership of that game

Jimmy Gopperth set to play his 500th professional match tomorrow. I wonder how many players have more appearances.

• Advertisement

41 next month. Very likeable player.

Tremendous career, particularly with the 'Canes & Leinster.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,392 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Subscribers Posts: 41,392 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.lnr.fr/actualite/top-14-et-pro-d2-les-droits-audiovisuels-attribues-a-canal-pour-les-saisons-20272028-a-20312032

On April 2, the NRL launched a call for tenders for the domestic audiovisual rights of the TOP 14 and PRO D2 for the seasons 2027/2028 to 2030/2031 (with an option for a fifth season). GROUPE CANAL PLUS has won the 4 lots on offer, and will thus have exclusive broadcasting rights for TOP 14 and PRO D2 matches and magazines for the 2027-2032 cycle. The total value of the rights amounts to 696.8 million euros over 5 seasons, i.e. an average amount per season of 139.4 million euros, an increase of 14.7% on the current amount of the rights.

Average royalties per season amount to :

• 128.7 million euros for the TOP 14, up 13.3% on the current cycle
    • 10.7 million euros for PRO D2, up 36% on the current cycle.
    • All regular-season matches in both leagues, including the three best matches of each day on CANAL+.

During this future cycle, GROUPE CANAL PLUS will continue to broadcast exclusively:

• The play-offs, semi-finals and final of both championships
    • The TOP 14 / PRO D2 accession match and the PRO D2 / National accession match
    • Several weekly magazines, including 2 every weekend on CANAL+, as well as various event programs, including Rugby Night.

700 million over 5 seasons looks like a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Lord Palmerston

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Our friends at Premier Sports seem to have no intention of showing Toulouse v La Rochelle live on Sunday night. Now they do have a history of late schedule changes so maybe it will appear closer to the time, but with only repeats scheduled on Premier 1 I’m not sure what their excuse is.

• Advertisement

I should add that if Premier do remain unwilling to show some Top 14…there are some free games on TV5Monde (free to stream but in French). Not Toulouse v La Rochelle mind you, but they will show Racing v Pau on Saturday at 2pm, a final day game on Sunday 9th at 8pm, followed by the play offs. 8pm KOs are usually on a delay.

https://x.com/tv5mondeuk/status/1795388737398124980?s=46

Both Toulon v Clermont and Toulouse v La Rochelle now added to the Premier 1 schedule thankfully. (Though they seem to think the earlier game kicks off at 6pm. I mean it does, French time!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Some nice scores in La Rochelle v Toulouse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,686 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This is an absolute cracking game.

Should be an interesting last 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

LR ahead by 7, 10 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Any French speakers in the room? That's a hilarious finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭phog

Ref rode LAR in that last review, direct hit to the head and no penalty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,686 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Outstanding game of rugby, thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.

2 years since Toulouse lost at home, 7 down with 2 minutes to play and they score a try and convert with a seriously impressive kick.

31-31 a real classic game of rugby.

Toulouse player was interfered with in the lead up I thought, the Italian that got a try, so penalty would never have been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭phog

Dangerous play can over turn an advantage so I'm not sure why he just blew it up. It looked like a cop out. Maybe the draw was the best result

• Advertisement

With tonight’s URC quarter final and international football, no room in Premier Sports schedule in Ireland for Top 14 final day coverage. (UK viewers can watch on the app. No app for Irish customers).

TV5Monde will be showing La Rochelle v Racing (likely to be on a slight delay) from 8:00pm, Virgin Media channel 825 and free app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭ironingbored

https://europe.tv5monde.com/en/live?timezone=Europe/London&timezone=Europe/Dublin

QFs/Barrage

Sat 15th 8:05pm Toulon v La Rochelle

Sun 16th 8:05pm Bordeaux v Racing 92

Byes: Toulouse, Stade Francais.

Brittany reprazent in T14 for the first time with Vannes winning the ProD2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

More importantly, my local team has made it into Nationale 2, the 4th tier.

Highest ranking Swiss club ever?

Highest ranking non-French club ever as far as I'm aware. I've never actually seen them play, though I'll try to get to a couple games next season.

Did Swiwi play with them at some point?

• Advertisement

Nah, he's not based in Geneva

Advertisement