Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your cattle tag supplier

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Mullinahone Co Op

Watch out, they must be keeping tabs on your social media

• Registered Users Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mullinahone Co Op

I hope theyre reading my posts about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Mullinahone Co Op

The big thing for me now is the con job of BVD testing still going and the cost involved after so many years, should have being done away with at this stage like the brucellosis testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

weve been using mullinahone for years..no more..endless lost tags..endless waiting on the phone…a pand pay the postage for “warranty “..a cod..im off to cormac…btw..was talking to a man today, went to datamars..happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mullinahone Co Op

I ordered a replacement tag from Mullinahone for a cow on Tuesday 28th of May. The tag was in the post box on Thursday the 30th. IMO their service has greatly improved (thanks to competition) in the last two/three years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,310 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mullinahone Co Op

They really need to work on their phone service. No one is going to wait 45 minutes to speak to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Agritags

It's mainly cull cows I buy here. I reckon 15% of my cows have one tag. I'm nearly finished buying so this time of year I order all the one tags. I bought two cows together in a mart and they'd one tag between the two of them only after fortnight. Last week I bought a cow in a mart with just the white dna tag on her. It's really really frustrating that if I get an inspection and I've X amount one tag its on me.

In fermoy mart last Tuesday the dept landed and pulled out about 13 cattle with one tag even at that I still ended up buying a cow with one and the dept never spotted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Agritags

I use agritag , I find them great I've tried everyone else, they also have by far the nicest tagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Cormac tags

What is the Dept policy on tag replacement? I'm with Cormac and want to get replacement tags for lost ones on a few cows. It says on their site - "It is a legal requirement to replace a lost EID tag with another EID tag" but how do you know if the the cow had an EID tag originally?

What year were the EID ones made compulsory?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mullinahone Co Op

Calves born from the 1st of July 2022 must have an EID tag. Cattle born prior to that then ordinary tags are ok.

• Advertisement

Cormac tags

Great, that makes them all ordinary tags so.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Have to have everything ship shape this year. Not that I don't anyway.

Ordered replacement tags for a number of cows which lost a tag over the winter. I put the order in with Mullinahone online at 10.20 am. I had them in the letterbox the next morning.

On tagging the cows. All the replacement tags were for the cows left side ear. Each cow was missing a tag on the left side.

I have diagonal barriers and a locking feed barrier.

Cormac tags

Anyone know if BVD testing will continue into next year? I have calf tags to order and crazy to be ordering BVD ones if testing will stop after this year.

Advertisement