Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I assumed the [RD+] in the title means I am using real debrid?

Possibly the VPN causing the buffering but worked ok with a legit streaming app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭bren2001

yeah, that’s an RD link.

Why use a VPN? There’s no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If I understand correctly, you are very likely streaming content you havent paid for when using stremio/rd, unlike Netflix and other such streaming services. Its not really a fair comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Change the add-on if you are finding them troublesome. There are a few different add-ons available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭wassie

Signed up to Gamsgo today - 6 months on for a private account (i.e. no sharing) for €78 = €13/month for premium. Our house uses Netflix across 7 devices and use all 5 profiles. All devices working straight up with no household warnings yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 HouseEater

@Kolido
    Meh, on the other side, it's about deliberately breaking a services
    "terms of service" to pay a fee otherwise not made available to you and
    are only paying about one quarter of what you should be paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I tried stremio and it's very nice. Only using the "free" add-ons but it works nicely, no buffering. Obv it's high seas and eye patch stuff but we are all being forced into these avenues.

I don't see any benefit to explore the real debris or can someone explain why I should? Who am I actually paying money to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭ooter

Nobody putting a gun to anyone's head, if you don't want to pay for streaming services don't..

Real debrid worth every penny IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 HouseEater

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stremio/comments/10796i1/whats_the_point_of_real_debrid_add_on_if_you/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stremio/comments/18nodeo/how_real_debrid_better_than_torrentio/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭bren2001

With RD if you’re the first person to want to watch something, RD downloads the torrent and streams it to you. The benefit here is that if it’s anything funky, you’re not downloading it. The file won’t stream from RD.

If you’re the second+ person to want to watch a show. Well, RD has already downloaded it and streams it directly to you. They keep things cached on their server for 30 days.

It’s faster and more reliable than not using it. If you watch anything old or obscure, it’s going to be faster as it’s likely cached and the torrent has few seeders. It’s also so **** cheap, it’s not worth asking the question, it’s worth signing up and seeing for yourself how much easier and better it makes Stremio.

Every forum you read talks about how great it is. There’s a reason for that….its brilliant.

• Advertisement

Thank you, that's a good explanation. My uncertainty has come from watching classic or old stuff and I've had no issues with buffering or availability unlike what the ppl on Reddit are saying.

A very correct statement. It's the family pressure who have become accustomed to having things like Netflix rather than identifying the shows they want to watch. These companies have upped the prices so much that the blockbuster days are going to be repeated and the high seas are returning to popularity, just this time they are now very user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ThePott

Digging up an old post here as trying to catch-up on how to get Netflix cheaper after losing Turkey and having Nigeria cancelled on me but, how did you get a US library card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bromley52

During Covid lockdown they were allowing online membership. Some might still be.

Mine recently expired and can't be bothered trying to renew a there are so many options out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ThePott

Balls, yeah remember them being available to do online at one stage. Lots of great stuff seems to be on Kanopy which works for library card holders too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Luker

bought 2 vouchers off MTC GAME, paid and got this reply back:

We hope this email finds you well. We would like to inform you that your last order(Netflix Hediye Kartı 250 TL) was affected by high demand, which is temporarily out of our product inventory.

However, we are actively working to restock our inventory and are committed to delivering your order to you as soon as possible

did anyone else get this and were you waiting long? I’m waiting about 12 hours already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭Soarer

So where are we now folks?

For the people like me that have had their family access cancelled, is Ireland our only option now? €20 per month is outrageous for the Ultra version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ireland is no good even at paying the outrageous €20 since you won't be able to password share with the different family member households. Since our Turkey account was nuked a couple of months ago we've been doing without and making do with Disney and Streamio.

Netflix was handy though and worked great for about 5 years and especially for the folks but from all the above posts there looks to be problems with the remaining options. Those using vouchers have had accounts nuked and value confiscated and well as others then reporting of shared accounts being blocked with users asked to verify household.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My India account is still working, but although there's a few profiles active they are all primarily via the same IP, which spends a little VPN time in India a couple of times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Into my second month in Nigeria. All smooth so far. Not a lot of usage though, just one profile and almost always the same IP at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,712 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any of you Streamio whizz kids know why my Streamio loading would be far slower than loading Real Debrid links through Kodi with the Fen addon? Could it be something to do with Kodi having the power of my NAS whereas Stremio is just relying on a Smart TV?

I have Streamio set up with RD and use RD links only, but it seems to take 30-40 seconds for a stream to start (sometimes a bit longer). Kodi with the FEN addon is consistently 5 seconds or less.

I tried changing the media player in Streamio but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I can happily use the Kodi links on my own setup, I just want to make sure I leave it set up as best as possible through Streamio in the folks house so I don't get any 'this isn't working like you said it would' phone calls 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭baz9375

I'm on second month on Nigeria sub too. Two households but have one device streaming all content through Nigerian VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭wassie

I signed up to Gamsgo on Sat for six months on for a private account (i.e. no sharing) for €78 = €13/month for premium. Working on multiple devices & TVs no problem.May be cheaper solutions available, but this just works and has support if you encounter household password restrictions.

Essentially get a new account created for you. May be able to transfer profiles, but no one in our house is worried TBH as we all know what we have watched before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

signed up a week ago on a new account using a Turkey vpn just to sign up and it was a free trial for a week. When I was sitting in work here and there id turn in the vpn and leave Netflix running. Tbh I’m not sure if that makes any difference at all but sure no harm.
    the vpn free trial is now expired so if I can find a cheap one I would buy it just to keep doing this for a while.
    anyone here recommend a cheap vpn with Turkey as an option?

Edited to add I have given the password to family so we’ll see if that lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I use windscribe

They have an option to add 2 extra people to your Ireland account for €5 per person per month, and they don't have to be at the same address.

So I guess you could have 3 people in cahoots for a tenner a month each, and all completely above board.

A far cry from the €25 a year I was paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

For anyone using RD ;- It's possible to create virtual hard drive in windows or linux with the content of all the streams you add to RD viewable and readable.

Why would you want or need this I hear you ask ? If you're running a Media server using plex or Emby that serves your household and maybe one or two outside your household you can channel all streams from RD to your home server and then onto the clients, only one IP will be used for the streams.

RD will nuke accounts using more than one IP so while Stermio is great, if you have it on kids phones and the are outside the house it's seen as different IP addresses. RD will warn you and eventually ban you.

I also use it the virtual drive to download content I want to keep to my PC. I can load the file from the virtual hard drive in MKVtoolnix, remove any audio or subtitle streams I don't want and download only those selected file streams directly to my PC.

My setup is probably an advance user one, probably too advanced to go into in detail but at a basic level it's RD for the media , Zurg + RClone to create the virtual "R" hard drive. DebridMediaManager - https://debridmediamanager.com/ to Select the media I want to add to my server. I do other stuff involving symlink creation for renaming and moving files to directory's i want to use but that's just me

Plex has an automated addon called Plex debrid for adding media to the "R" drive but it doesn't provide user control I want for my setup but 95% of people would be happy with it.

I was using Raddarr and Prowlarr with Real Debrid Torrent client to select media from RD but in the end I just decided to use Debrid Media Manager.

PS - I knew nothing about any of the above until Netflix started clamping down on the Turkish account ….. Thanks Netflix

RD probably needs a thread of it's own but i don't think BA is the right place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

VPN can cause buffering with RD especially if you select a high bitrate source such as an untouched 4K Blu-ray Remux. If you select a 1080p source you'd probably be Okay. Regarding subtitles, most of the sources on RD will have them included in the files. The media on RD is from torrent files sourced from various sites and stored on RD servers

Legitimate streaming apps like Netflix can actually stream a low quality media source if they detect thing like low speed internet. RD requires user input to select a lower bitrate source.

You could setup Stremio to exclude 4K content - https://www.reddit.com/r/StremioAddons/comments/15agu2p/stremio_torrentio_debrid_a_howto_guide/

Signed myself up for Netflix Turkey earlier.

Couldn't use Revolut, so bought a 250TL gift card and paid for the first month in case I get booted.

Relatively simple process, and getting the Premium pack for less than €7 per month is something I can live with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Luker

have Netflix Turkey via gift card. All going well. Today the dreaded household users message came on. My friend uses my account on his TV and recognises that as the household. I can’t seem to change the household to mine as I only watch on laptop or phone. Any thoughts?

Advertisement