Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Harris, the TikTok Taoiseach

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭TokTik

I’d love a reporter to ask Simple Simon, if diversity is our strength, why is it being forced on us by pepper spray, baton charges and masked riot police??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,157 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

If things proceed on the current course Harris will not see out the year.

And if things escalate at the current rate in his own county, where we have battlegrounds in Newtown, Manor Kilbride and soon Dunlavin and Wicklow (the Beehive), he will not be getting re-elected himself.

Harris the Tiktoker, McEntee and Harris of the OBE can use the public order unit to bully only one town or one village at a time.

It is time an adult in the room spoke up and told them going all 1960s NI against the population will end in dire results.

The next few days is going to set the tone for Ireland and will decide the fate of this government and it's leader.

Anyone that thinks the vast majority of people don't care about certain topics, will vote as per usual when election time comes around are in for one fooking rude awakening as there are sections of the country at boiling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Who said McEntee has done no wrong?

You need to stop jumping to assumptions and read the posts

I responded before I seen this post but bingo

People seem to read a post, ignore the content and then respond to what they want in the post, not what is actually said

Again the obsession with who I voted for, it gets funnier by the minute

Strangely I don't see you running around demanding from people who agree with you to reveal who they vote for, one would wonder why 😂

I can tell you one thing, I won't be voting for some overpaid county council

As I posted you have spent years on here complaining about government policy yet vote for someone who has no interest in fixing the issue you raise. Priceless is exactly how I would describe it. Best to leave it at that, you can return to slagging off TD trying to resolve issues in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Have you ever answered a question Clo Clo?

The June elections will amuse you.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Anyone who has to resort to calling Simon Harris "Simple Simon" is just telling the world they've no means, knowledge, to criticise him using facts and logic and have to instead resort to completely meaningless buzz words.

Didn't take long for the name calling to start. Well done on you coming up with that name or did you just see it somewhere online?

I can hazard a guess

Better fun watching you getting obsessed over who I vote for :-)

😂 Tell us this, how many times have you referenced Catherine Connolly?

My guess is actually FF even though you defend the whole government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭TokTik

Didn’t take long?? I’ve referred to him as Simple Simon since he thought, as minister for health, that we’d beaten 18 other Covids, so we’d beat this one too. Seems very apt. More succinct that Astonishingly Stupid Simon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Hungry Burger

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

skimpydoo threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Very much so. Stevie Wonder could see that this government has lost the room. The scenes in Newtown were disgraceful and the local population isn’t backing down. Incidents of this nature will be replicated across the entire country as long as this disgraceful and inept government fails to control our borders and attempts to shoehorn illegal immigrants into communities where they are neither welcome nor wanted.

McEntee’s performance when subjected to some basic precision questioning, was astoundingly incompetent if utterly predictable. O’Gorman, who was the catalyst for much of the current mess, has gone into hiding. Frankly, this administration has been catastrophic and Harris is and will remain an ineffectual leader. The hiding they will receive in the local, European, and general elections would be entertaining to behold, if their policies hadn’t lead our beautiful country down the very dark path we are currently traversing.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chrisd2019

Definitely, the mood of the people is growing stronger and the political leaders weaker, Leo may be the most cunning to leave the pitch before the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Greengrass53

I’ll spare you nothing. The performance of this government has been abysmal. That’s the bottom line here.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

It's a process and for a fairly docile voting country, June will probably be the protest vote before anything closer to normality prevails. Not sure when the normality returns, it could be soon enough as the voting public returns to that society.

If they implement the return of immigrants then it will be easily turned

I have to agree as there is a voting cohort who will be swayed by recent implementations of a policy that they perceive to be favourable to them. There will be many others that will not forget the very same party have been in power for well over a decade, and so by default are responsible for the situation we are in.

Let's see how all this develops between now and the GE. Are you really that confident that there will be a 'return of immigrants' to turn this opinion? Our record so far would not give me much confidence.

So ye are reliant on McEntee and Justice to turn things around. Good luck with that 🙂. June and Oct/Nov elections approaching fast.

Harris was the Minister for Justice for 6 months (up until July 2023) and didn't notice that the successful deportation numbers were abysmal. Both of them are asleep at the wheel.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

• Advertisement

But "the situation we are in" for the majority of the population is a good one, especially if you are old enough to remember before the Celtic Tiger.

If you think this is bad then you should have been around then.

We have issues, all countries have issues but immigration has blown up, to be fair when I log onto TikTok you have people flocking to the area in question to cause issues, I seen one from "Irish Wolfhounds" the other day saying they would be in Newtown in an hour…..Im not saying local are not out but it's funny how all the online accounts which are most vocals always seem to be at these stand off's with the Garda ready to get coverage

Local councillors will get voted in anyway because of the work they have done in the community, some won't vote for them because of party policy but others will vote for the person. Our poor FF councillor died but he would have been voted back in, not because he was FF, but because the job he done in the community.

They will have to return immigrants, simple as that. We are about to be flooded with them from the UK, it's unsustainable.

I don't see any of the main opposition by the way coming up with a plan, so who do you vote for>

All I will say about the Celtic Tiger was the excess greed and stupidity which brought clearly home how thick many Irish are when it comes to money, and just following others over a cliff. That's a separate argument.

I would query, yes, any party getting to grips with this issue, and objectively (which is a point many here fall down on, as their political prejudices tend to cloud judgement) how the State will deal with it. You're much more confident than I am.

Whoever is in government will bear the brunt of voter anger.

As for returning immigrants, we will probably have to go to the process Sunak has had, finding obstacles in his way, such as legal objections. We could find nothing happens as quickly as people want, which boils over into and beyond the election.

Government, and opposition, are all now making more noises about having a better system in place and a speeding up of processes. There will need to be some win wins for the government asap. Not sure if that can realistically take place before any GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭creedp

I wonder will we have a more pragmatic conversation regarding immigration management now that the politicians have realised that public perception has turned and their political lives depend on actually doing something about. One can only hope

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I said it before it was an ill advised decision by Harris to leave McEntee in Justice because she just isn't up to the job.

Carroll MacNeill is one of the few capable TDs in the FG party that has a legal backround and it would have been a no brainer to give her the job.

McNamara didn't even go at her as hard as he could have as a barrister if he chose to do so and she still wasn't able to provide him with basic information that he asked for a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Greengrass53

The economy has never been in better shape. Full employment. Yeah abysmal performance alright, I see what you mean 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭riddles

unfortunately the horse has bolted

I'd give all the credit there to US MNCs, the hardworking Irish people and a low corporate tax rate. I cannot think of a single recent government initiative that helped, can you?. In fact the housing crisis is hindering it and hardworking Irish people should have access to housing/rentals and a decent health service.

In case you hadn’t noticed, this is a society not an economy. A society that’s currently being failed by a government who are responsible for an acute housing crisis, a failing health service, overcrowded classrooms, all of which are compounded by a burgeoning immigration crisis.

Are you really attributing the current and likely transitory economic success to the current government? Really? I suggest you wake up.

The only reason Ireland had a Celtic Tiger was because of the hard work of the people and the only reason we have so many working now is because of the hard work of the people. Calling people "greed" "stupidity" and "thick" 😂 bluster on the internet

In terms of "just following others over a cliff", well in reality the majority of people after the crash continued to work and got Ireland back to the position it is now, so now sure who is following over the cliff? some over spent, others didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Wages haven't risen with spiraling cost of living so we have a record number of working poor along with a drastically declining home ownership. We might have full employment but it's full employment in an economy which isn't benefitting the majority.

Advertisement