Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭donjuandejohn

Radio reception is not good at all. Constantly changing channels due to signal in/ around Dublin. Changing channels is annoying as the steering wheel buttons don't cycle through favourites or even stored channels.

Saw earlier post asking what came with the car. I got V2L cable, granny cable, charger, car cleaning kit, sun visor branded umbrella but nothing about 2 years service or replacement tyres being included.

Was also told no need to run the electric motor in but the manual says do the first 2000km in eco and avoid flooring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Mine only cycles through favourites. I think I deleted everything else though in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭AUDI20

I Love it!!!called into my local garage for a sandwich and when I went to pay the assistant asked any petrol or diesel, I gleefully answered no. also notice were scare on the ground haven't met another seal on the road as yet after 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Doing some maths we've knocked 77 percent off our fuel costs March.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EFX

Just arrived AWD, very happy with it, software set at July 23 version so there was an update ready to install, the indicators on the right, not an issue for me my first car was a jap import. Included the vehicle to load cable. edited to right side

Post edited by EFX on

Welcome to the seal club, well wear. aren't the indicators normally on the left in most cars, were on my Audi.

Thanks, The Merc as them on the left and most cars I have had, had them on the left. Since the RWDs seem to now come with them on the left thought the AWD would be the same but no on the right. edited to right / left side

Post edited by EFX on

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sealman

My awd has the indicators on the right, the audi before were on the left. Got used to that now, only thing I am having difficulty with is wash wipe, keep flashing the lights where I should be wiping the glass, annoying!

• Advertisement

My AWD has right side indicators. It was one of the early ones.

Congrats on the car and best of luck keeping it clean!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sorry got right and left mixed up, AWD indicators on the right, normally on the left 🙄 edited so not to confuse thanks Gumbo missed the more subtle comments 😁

No didnt get the spoiler yet, sadly. It went from the Galway Depot to Portlaoise on Thursday and back to Galway on Friday. An Post are useless you cant talk to anyone. All I was able to do was have web chat with customer care. The girl thought that TOP BYD got something wrong with customs declaration but wasnt sure. Will just have to wait and see I suppose

Its funny that this just seems to happen with the boot spoilers, had mine returned by customs, Rainn in Summer had the same problem and now another one, An Post are very hard to find out anything I sent an email after mine didn't arrive but never even got an answer back. Hope my one on order doesn't run in the same problem.

At least raininsummer got his eventually. I'm not giving up on it yet!

If you set your phone to sync only favourites in the bluetooth part of the phone settings this will only give the car the favourites to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭corkandproud

12 weeks in and I have to say it's an outstanding car. Two things worth mentioning.

Range is c400km.

FM Receiver is the achilles heel.

• Advertisement

That'll shift up come summer. I'm assuming you're in an AWD too.

Thankfully I don't listen to too much radio bar the odd bit of news but yes, it's definitely the weakest part of the entertainment suite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭John arse

Janey not great efficiency,the battery is over 80 KW isn't it?

The AWD is reduced compared to the RWD. I'd expect 450 to 480 in summer. Lads in Australia I'm following are tipping over 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

What is the rwd expected to do in the summer and is 450 to 480 for the AWD?

400 sounds shockingly bad in April when the weather has been fine for most of the month.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

400 = still in honeymoon period and a (very hard not to) heavy right foot. Keep driving mode as normal and you’ll see the range increase dramatically. I’m nearing 460 now in RWD, and still not close to driving miss daisy. Spent 1.5hrs on the M50 last week on a bray blanch daily return. 37kms. 5% battery used. So it is consuming very little when you’re stuck in traffic. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh over 400 is great if your pushing out motorway miles at top motorway speeds.

You can get way more if you start driving like other EVs that you'd pass in the inside lane.

My 400 was in March in weather slightly warmer but much wetter than this. Don't forget April has been sunny but the temps here were down to about 2-4⁰C last night and they've never peaked above 13⁰C (for me). The battery packs haven't warmed up yet. There's been no prolonged warm period.

And on top of everything else EVs suffer from marketing lies just like petrol or diesel mpg wise.

I'd guess over 500 for the RWD.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is that motorway driving?

What’s the kWh/100km figure?

RWD or AWD?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭grumpygit

I have come to the conclusion I must have a heavy foot. Drove the AWD down to 13% a few weeks ago (normally recharge in 40-60% range). Good bit of motorway involved and last 50k or so at 120 with heater on full ( wanted to get battery percentage down) . Ended up telling me my total range was 357k. My total charge to date, all home charging is 1500Kwh and mileage 5800

• Advertisement

I'm steadily dropping from 22 and I'm at 21.2 over the last 4200km.

Advertisement