Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

So would the RWD Seal at present (March/April) complete a 400km round trip which included 300km motorway driving at 120kph and 100km at 80kph?

I'm in the market for a EV and was considering the M3H as it would only need a splash and dash at Ballacolla to complete the above journey however if a second hand Seal RWD appears on the market in the next 6 months I might be swayed.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

😂
    I think you’ll see that drop to 20’ish now coming into the summer. I usually see 19.4 in an AWD Performance from another brand during the summer months and up to 23 in the winter months.

Drive it like a normal car. No preheating, no conditioning etc. In and drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

400km range would be my experience too in the last 6 weeks. Usually recharge when battery is between 40-50% so I can get it to 100% using the night rate from 24:00 to 09:00. At 50% left trip says I've done about 200km. Mine is RWD and car says I'm consuming 19.1kwh / 100km. It's mostly city driving and short trips I'm doing.

Edit: Also I drive in eco mode all the time too. I played around between eco and standard and noticed barely any difference in how it drives but definitely getting more range in eco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

lads, have any of you ran out of data yet? I noticed yesterday that Spotify was not working. Works fine on hotspot to phone so must be a data usage issue. I do use Spotify all the time in fairness. Whipped out thr SIM card earlier. It’s with Orange. Not sure is there a way to check your data usage

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Heavy right foot was Feb & Mar - definitely not April.

That's an average from a few of us, and I'd say we all have a bit of motorway driving.

And that's the RWD…

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Some motorway, say 4-5 trips to Dublin (all in 2.5k tops). I can do 125kmph on motorway for 22/100, overall I've moved from 20.5/21 in the first month down to 19/19.5 now.

I think the weather is having a positive impact, and I think my driving style has changed - especially when on commuter/kids trips. Definitely not driving like a manual when I was contantly cycling through the gears.

Some brief experiments today with iTAC on and off. It's on by default and I think it's responsible for throttling back quite aggressively.

With it off the car takes on more of that instant kick in the back feel. Definitely feels more performant.

Anyone else notice that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sealman

Got my boot spoiler this morning anyway. I like it, what do you guys think

Looks good. Goes well with the light strip across the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Much nicer than the body-coloured one.

Yes I think I prefer it to the body coloured one, it ties in well with the other gloss black trim, I think

Looks well but I went for the blue colour. Each to their own; it's all very subjective anyway. Whatever YOU like the look of is all that really matters.

On a side note, I ran out of data at the weekend. The Data Monitor app (Cheers RIS) pointed to Spotify as the culprit, using most of the 1GB allowance. Thankfully it will refresh on May 1st but I set up an automation shortcut on the iphone so that once the car powers up, the iphone will turn on it's Hotspot and the car will automatically connect, thereby utilizing the data from the phone's plan. This all happens seamlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Oonagh123

Can anyone confirm what they got with their BYD on collection? Chargers, sun visor (glass roof interior cover) cover, free service etc?

Got charging cable, granny charger, v2l cable, sun shade and the saleman told me there would be 2 free services andbreakdown cover for 2 years, 5 if you keep servcing with byd and 2 years of free data

same here with tyres and brakes (if needed) after 2yrs. Not sure of the 5yr breakdown cover; I don’t recall them mentioning that but reports up to now suggest that there have been many ‘versions’ of entitlements across the different sales staff.

Yep. While I like the black and think it goes well with the unlit light strip across the back, I prefer the matched colour.

Understated is the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The best understatement is none at all of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Porchse make a lovely rack for the rear of the taycans. Shame byd couldn't come up with similar

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/porsche-bike-rack-step-by-step-picture-of-the-installation.11504/page-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭sk8board

this. OEM all the way imho.
    however, having reversible aftermarket bits is also good to see on a car as it shows the car was almost certainly well looked after.

Saw a 241 seal in the past hour that the reg suggests is about 2 weeks old - and i couldn’t see past the 3D number plates

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭AUDI20

I like the look of that, Finnishes of the rear end can't wait for my one in carbon should really look good on my white car. also I could be proven wrong but the free tyres , brakes pads and 2 service's was a sales promotion for the month of March.

I just thought there was something missing from the back end all right, reckon that finishes it off quite well. I bought mine from BYD North Dublin mid February. Maybe I should have got it in writing from the salesman about the 2 free services!

I checked with my salesman and because I’m not taking out a PCP deal, buying outright (taking loan elsewhere) I don’t get anything extra. Just the chargers and sun visor cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Nearly sure you should get a V2L with that they'd be shooting themselves in the foot otherwise, one size fits all when it comes to deals with them. Seal unfortunately was too low for me, dodgy knees and elderly parents n all that, lovely car though, Seal U or Sea Lion potentially although I barely drive the Atto 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭AUDI20

Nice BYD is selling a nice V2L cable for €67 which is not bad at all considering buying one through BYD dealership is €380, They also have a 6% discount when you sign up. have just ordered one.

@AUDI20 does the V2L cable not come along with the car as standard?

HTF could this be worth €380. I’d be kicking back on the dealership. No way this could NOT be included, irrespective of whatever deal you took re: payment and whatever place you purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭fafy

which website is this, i don’t see it on the Ireland website ?

Advertisement