Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭The_Tank

I assume rather than throw young lads and debutants in when it's hot and heavy the idea is to bring them in later on. Down 4 of our certain starters this will be a test of the panel as a whole. Could be a total surprise or a total disaster but at least we're going up there knowing we'll have to battle for our lives. I'm expecting Conor Cooney in the full forward line based on the club final. The Glynn thing will be interesting. I'd expect it to be Glynn and Cooney rather than Glynn and Whelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JohnCougar

If we beat Galway with that team , Henry will be under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

Once we have Huh Lawlor and TJ we are capable of beating anybody, throw in John Donnelly also.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Minors not going well against Wexford at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Not sure how the minors could have gone from dominating Galway last week to playing very poorly against Wexford. 2nd to every breaking ball and really playing into wexfords spare man at centre back. Passing poor, striking poor. A big test coming up in the 2nd half and hopefully they pick it up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Minors lost by a goal in the end. No harm in giving them a sense of reality, probably thought they were **** hot after last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

We struggle to beat Wexford underage the last 10 years

Wexford beaten by 2 points up in Antrim. They're going to be under pressure now

The minors were very disappointing today after last week. A big crowd from Kilkenny turned up to support them in fairness. Wexford were up for it and our lads were not. It looked like Niall Bergin and his selectors were not prepared for injuries to Dollard and Lacey as they had no half backs in the subs as they brought on a forward for Dollard. Hopefully better next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Marrooned

ye the minors fought back well after a woeful start while also losing there standout performer from last week, I heard Jake Dollard has a dead leg,

• Advertisement

Wexford used the breeze better than Kilkenny and were able to use the ball better than us. Kilkenny went long last week and it worked. Today they went short in the first half and was a disaster and went back long in the second half and nearly came back to win.

Kilkenny went long more often than not to wexfords spare man. A lot to learn from today and a but of a wake up call but they will learn

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

Their match V Carlow in Dr Cullen Park on 19th May is now a huge match, Lose that and Joe McDonagh hurling could become a big reality for Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Grats

Exactly. Wexford played out of their skins showing great work rate and aggression. I'm looking forward to meeting them again. Their match with Galway next Sunday ought to be a dinger. We'll have Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Butterbeans

Looks like Eoin Cody is out for a while.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41382235.html

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Will be a proper test for the lads today.As someone else said if that team does manage a win it will really give us confidence and put Henry under pressure .hopefully no more injuries after the match anyway..Antrim winning yesterday has spiced things up a nice.bit

Looking forward to the game now but will have to settle for trying to figure out what they ate telling me on Kclr as unfortunately I am working..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Brian017

God help you so. At least for your sake Ronnie isn’t doing this one. He’s the worse play-by-play commentator they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭kksaints

I'm not at the match but if the wind is as strong as the commentary says it is then 4 points is probably not enough of a lead. Still it's a lot better than it looked after 15 minutes. Keoghan is having a good game although Billy Ryan certainly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Neewollah

Decent place to be after a bad start but wind going to a huge factor. Not easy play with it and Galway will have to adopt a different style of play for 2nd half to make use of it. Some good performances. David Blanchfield had a great last 20. Not sure why he isn't being used as a centre back. Looks to have a more all round game for that position more so than Deegan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Zero goal threat from Kilkenny here today...so far. Working hard out the field though and creating and taking their points well.

Second Galway goal was some sickener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭murtyd17

Nice few points there to go 4 up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Disappointed with the draw in the end but thought it was a great performance. Donnelly **** immense.

Pretty much how I'd feel also. Phelan, Keoghan and Donnelly were very good. Shame for Tallis with the 2nd goal as he had done well apart from that. Kenny and Molloy when he came on did really well. Thought the ref gave them the majority of the decisions.

To be fair that was a decent result for us. Should have won it. The better team on the day. Poor 2nd goal to concede and TJ seemed to be harshly done by in the last minute to give a free against him. Some decent positives all around though. I think once mikey carey comes back we could put Murphy back corner back. Tommy seemed jittery there in the last 15 minutes. TJ excellent. Molloy seemed good when introduced. Tom phelan much better today. Not sure why hogan replaced Wall at the start. Backs hurled well. Kenny good in the middle and donnelly very good today. Lyng will be disappointed not to get the win but at the same time will be happy with the performance with lads to come back in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭kentu

Thought Ref was very Harsh on that last free for TJ, what can a player do with lads hanging out of him with ball in hand, completely played for the draw.

Delighted with performance though everyone put in a fair old effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭blackcard

After the first 15 minutes, that was a decent performance. Donnelly and Keoghan, until he tired, were good along with Kenny. TJ still putting in a shift. Deserved to win

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Neewollah

Frustrated with the result in the end but a great performance all round. Keep that up all year and we won't be far away.

Great score put up but no goal threat really today. Couldn't see us scoring that amount minus Cody and Mullen but maybe we looked for man in better position more without them.

I know Billy Ryan gets a lot of criticism but in fairness to the chap his workrate is immense and gets a few Impossible turnovers in every game. Hopefully the scores will follow soon for him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭kk.man

Disappointed not to get the win but lot more happier than before the game. Any team that losses three all star types, racks up 28 points at home to Galway and manage a draw is a very positive future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Galway were never at the pace of that game……Kilkenny should have won by ten.

• Advertisement

With regards to Billy Ryan he dropped the sliother twice when running through on goal in the first half under not a huge amount of pressure. We would have had two goal chances if he had held on to it. There's definitely a player there with pace and workrate but we need him to show his quality at this stage and he needs to cut out the stupid errors.

Advertisement