Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Warren and Ross actors rumoured to be leaving

Grace Black is returning

FFS why is Cleo acting like a pathetic loser addict with Abe, she doesn't know him that long, again a victim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Totally shocked to hear about this

Steph Waring has confirmed on instagram that Cindy has been effectively axed

I did not expect her to be one of the 20 to get axed.

No one is safe!!

😱.😱😱

I thought Lexi was with Sandy, is she now in foster care?

It is good to have Grace back

Kitty pre trans the daddy of Lizzie's kid?

Jeremy Sheffield will be returning to Hollyoaks — but not as notorious villain Patrick Blake.

The legendary soap actor will be back on screens later this month playing Patrick's brother Jeremy aka Jez, alongside Loose Women's Sherrie Hewson as his mother Martha.

Sienna will be left stunned when she thinks her evil father is back from the dead, only to learn that Patrick had a long-lost twin. Jez and Martha's arrival will also have huge ramifications for Sienna's siblings Liberty and Dilly as well as Patrick's ex-partner Maxine.

“I’m so excited to be back in the village and have the opportunity to play a great new character," Jeremy said. "Jez might be Patrick’s twin but he couldn’t be more different; he’s charming, enigmatic, complex and full of mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Advertisement

Why give Lizzie the baby storyline just to kill her off from drugs when she was anti drugs after the spiking and her birth mother oding

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭PogoRach

Hollyoaks is at its best at the moment - genuinely great storylines, and quickly rotating out little used or less popular cast members in favour of returning favourites and genuinely compelling new characters. Definitely reminds me of the mid to late '00s and early '10s in term of fast paced storytelling, cast turnover, and a sense that no characters were ever safe.

After her performance the last few episodes I do think cutting Stephanie Waring from the cast is a mistake, not only because she's been there for so long, but because this is the best we've seen out of Cindy in years - it is possible they could reverse decision, and bring Cindy back after a few months (like with Grace) if the actor is willing. I do think over the past few years Cindy was becoming stale as a character though, so I can see the reasoning behind her being one of the cuts, just hoping they change their minds on that front. As a precedent though, I do think its not terrible that all the soaps are willing to lose longstanding characters, just because they've been there for so long - how many of the other soaps (especially Coronation Street) have characters who do f**k all most of the time and are fairly useless when they do get stuff to do, but are kept just because they've been in it for so long.

Last few episodes have been a great nod back to the first Hollyoaks death when Natasha Anderson died of an ecstasy overdose in 1996 - obviously there are some differences with this, as they're tying it in with Warren supplying dodgy drugs, but I appreciate the call back to the early years all the same.

Advertisement