Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

no because that revelation was a ridiculous after thought "shock" twist that was dropped in last minute and flopped.

i wouldn't be surprised if that whole situation of both knowing each other gets forgotten about to be honest.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Well look at that she doesnt remember her!

Do we think Carter was gay in his past? Thats why freyas mum made him stay away..?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Claire Cooper will return as Jacqui McQueen for a special episode involving Mercedes

The Rayne storyline ending was pure sh!te

• Advertisement

Anything that gets dragged out for that long always ends up being crap!

So this coming week, a big stunt week, a crash, who dies, Ella, Leah or Mercedes or someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PogoRach

New Era of Hollyoaks basically kicking off (on streaming) tonight - they know the last few producers have not gone down well with the fans, so have been promoting this as the new lot in charge having their storylines kick off properly... Hope it's true and we see a change for the better... We've seen glimpses of it already - Carter's storyline swapping out John Paul with Lucas for conversion therapy is so much better, and I think they've done a good job at moving the Rafe/Sienna/Dilly storyline in a completely different direction with making Dilly Rafe's wife instead of sister and tying it in with Patrick somehow...

Well that hour long episode was pretty epic to be fair - best Hollyoaks has delivered since the late 2000s, early 2010s in terms of bringing recent storylines to a head, setting up several story threads for the future, a handful of returns, multiple(?) deaths, mysterious new character, a couple of genuine "holy s**t I really didn't see that coming" moments, and the after credits trailer for the "new era" has me genuinely excited about what's to come.

If this is a good indicator of what the new producers have up their sleeves and they can keep a good momentum going forward, Hollyoaks might actually be entering a new golden era.

Surely now Mandy has to return

Joel must survive as Rita Simons is playing his mother Marie

• Advertisement

God i actually jumped at the bit with Joel.

Warren is my favourite so I hope he doesnt lose two kids in one go :(

i dont watch the trailers so I'll have to unsub now for fear ye'll spoil it on me 🤣🤣

Back in his early years I really liked Warren, but for the last few years he's been one of my least favourite characters and I often blamed Jamie Lomas' acting skills... Between that hour long episode and his performance in the aftermath on tonight's streaming though (no spoilers from me, don't worry) I actually think what he's been given to work with has been the problem, because I've just been reminded how good he can be when given the right material, and I'm actually excited to see his character arc going forward, which is a big change. I also like him and Mercedes together, if the writers actually keep them together long term, they could be an iconic soap couple.

I do hope this is the beginning of the end for Felix though, because the character has worn thin, and won't really serve a purpose once the dust settles after this crash, since his family have moved on (he only has a tenuous connection to the Andersons) and there should be no going back for himself and Warren. Let Felix turn into a proper villain for a couple of weeks, leading to a showdown with Warren or Norma or one of the McQueens and then give him a swift exit.

I like Warren with Mercedes too, think Jamie and Jen have great chemistry

I was taken back to the era when Maddie died, the shock quickness, final destination style

I know the Mandy actress was sacked over Only Fans but with Ella dead, whether recast Mandy has to be back with DJ also hopefully Holly

I am still not sure if Ella is Warren's child or Norma changed the results

TBH i don't think we will see mandy again, wouldn't surprise me if they just kill her off which would be stupid.

pitty really as i did like her and she is a hollyoaks original.

Her missing Luke's funeral was bad but missing her daughter's is wrong, if they won't rehire the original actress they could recast

I thought the character would return with Ella to confirm or not that Warren really is her dad

yeah the whole thing is stupid alright.

recast if needs be or here is a novel idea, they could mention that she is there but not show her.

Darren's "13 year old twins" look older

Wouldnt it be sooo fun for Steph to have a little brother or sister 😁

Is there more to Myra and Jacqui's returns, I mean why the returns if nothing more

Peri is annoying, she should leave for London with Phoenix and Shing Ling

• Advertisement

Diane mentioned speaking to Mandy but she'd want to be at her daughter's funeral

Where is Tony, I assume this was filmed during Nick's jungle IAC time

He's in amsterdam for something Councillor related. Can't remember what diane said when interviewing that new character

You'd think Tony would be around for Ella's funeral as she was Grace's half sister and the second child died of Mandy

It is ridiculous no Mandy

Ste having HIV remembered

While it doesn't bode well for the long term future of Hollyoaks, first losing its Channel 4 slot and then being cut to 3 episodes a week not even six months later (despite what positive spin they try to put on it in press releases), I get the feeling this is the best case scenario at present, because the alternative was likely an immediate cancellation and the show ending later this year. Stay of Execution > Immediate Execution afterall.

very sadly the show does look to be on the way out in all honesty.

it has been improving recently but so much damage has been done in the past few years and the audience has responded by turning off.

when hollyoaks is on form it really is on form and it has the awards to prove it, but when it is bad, it is bad.

Is Rose or Dee Dee, the child of Tegan as Ste, Leela and Peri never take an interest

Dee Dee is Tegan's biological daughter. Rose and Anthony are the actual blood related twins.

I love how they're doing Rose's story and I hope they give it plenty of time to breathe. Also Kitty is amazing and the best new character in years.

• Advertisement

Hollyoaks will explore sibling sexual abuse with Frankie Osborne and brother JJ.

Viewers have seen Frankie struggling since she was recently reunited with long-lost dad Darren Osborne, as she's accused grandfather Jack of touching her inappropriately.

Jack has strenuously denied doing anything inappropriate with his granddaughter but has moved out of the family home to give Frankie the space she needs.

At the same time, Jack has been getting closer with grandson JJ and will be seen buying him a golden pair of football boots in new scenes.

Next week, it will be revealed that it has actually been JJ who has sexually abused his sister when they were younger. Frankie had repressed these memories but has now started to remember.

Advertisement