Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf shoes

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I ordered the exact same ones, 111 too.

Still sitting in the boot of the car, haven’t been brave enough to wear them yet! But I think we’re very close to being dry enough to not have to wear the winter shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hopefully so!

They're not normally the style I'd go for but I reckon they'll grow on me. And I'll like them even more when they shave a few shots off my hcp. Surely it's been a footwear problem this whole time right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I've been wearing them all winter, in terrible weather. They're waterproof and I've had no issues with them

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

do they clean ok?

I’m less worried about wet feet, more worried about them never being white again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

If you clean them with baby wipes or something like that after each round they'll come up grand.

I guess I'm not fussy enough, mine are in need of a clean 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I got one of these for my rugby boots a year or two ago, and find they work very well for the golf shoes as well. Few drops of the cleaning detergent and warm water

https://bootbuddy.com/collections/all-boot-buddy-products?tw_source=google&tw_adid=&tw_campaign=17657955079&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwoPOwBhAeEiwAJuXRh55WYIZOQJadoDJJlqtnP34kYCLXAaKU6JX-TIYFjIubH8ua-D_QpRoCcpQQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

It is a bit late in the day to be joining the conversation when the OP has already bought Skechers shoes… but that is not a brand I will ever touch again! The last two pairs I have purchased have not been fit for purpose. Spending €120 on a pair of waterproof shoes only to find your feet soaked after three rounds of golf is not an impressive performance from such a popular brand.

Never mind that when I returned the shoes there were three other identical pairs behind the counter that were pointed out to me as being returned for exactly the same reason. That’s a big fail in my opinion.

Really useful to get all the other recommendations

OP, best of luck with the shoes and let us know how they work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭JVince

decent selection on M&M direct https://www.mandmdirect.ie/02/fts/?search=golf+shoes

Particularly like this one 😁 https://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/AD36360/adidas-Mens-Adicross-Hi-Boost-Waterproof-Golf-Shoes-Clay-Strata-Bold-Gold-Carbon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I wore them today for the first time. I was a bit weary as it was raining heavily for the whole round but they held up nicely. No issues with grip and they are extremely comfortable too. They did get manky on the fabric part as I ended up in thick mud a few times. It was probably a mistake wearing them in those conditions if I wanted to keep them pristine but a bit of a scrub when I got home and they seem to be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭oleard1987

What I feared has come to fruition. UA flawless for the 1st 6 rounds and played in Saturday and feet were soaked

Walked through maybe a small few lingering puddles searching for balls and could feel the feet straight away

When I finished the round I checked the shoes and they have cracked along the side

On the lookout again 🫣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Sketchers are the most comfortable and my waterproof shoes have not leaked in last 8 months. Mine were not to expensive 80 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

I returned a pair to american golf after around 9 months for this issue and there was no issuing getting a refund just so you are aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭oleard1987

Returned without the box and no hassle at all. Spoke to the shop assistant for a while and I had picked a pair of FootJoy Men's Pro SL Sport and he advised me not to get them due to a few issues

He then had me try on a cheaper pair of UA HOVR Drive Waterproof Spikeless and said he used them himself and never had any issues .Said I'd take the chance with the 1 year warranty

€30 cheaper than the footjoys so presume he wasn't trying to sell me a dud pair

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah the Hover shoes are lovely. I bought a pair of SL phantoms last summer and they have been the comfiest shoe ever. They aren’t fully waterproof though but they are a summer shoe. Seeing them going for 50-60 euro lately when I paid 160 haha.

Those adidas shoes in the thread look interested but I always find their gold shoes a narrow fit

Advertisement