Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Dotty arrested

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Apart from trans white Europeans though, who somehow are depicted as above an "impenetrable" barrier

They can't even make their idiot theories internally consistent.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

O'Doherty was due in front of the High Court this morning at 11

IN COURT 18 
    MR JUSTICE DIGNAM
    AT 11.00 O'CLOCK
    2023 2459 P CAMPBELL -V- GEMMA O DOHERTY T/A THE IRISH LIGHT

http://legaldiary.courts.ie/legaldiary.nsf/high-court/3241BF61F1FC384680258AFC004B15E2?OpenDocument

Nothing in the media yet about it. I wonder did she turn up? She hasn't posted on her Substack site today.

Edit: she did actually post a video this morning (obviously before this hearing), urging her supporters to gather at Mountjoy today "until she is released".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ok, RTE did cover it:

Basically, she's asked the judge to rescue himself from the case because, as a barrister, he once represented former Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan. What this has to do with the current case is anyone's guess, but this is straight from the Burke playbook - disrupt proceedings by any means necessary. Now the judge has to issue a ruling on his own ability to be a judge.

She also complained that the courtroom was too full to fit all her supporters (I assume because members of the public came along to see the show, not because she has so many supporters). Ironically her complaint was that justice should be done in public. How that squares up with too many of the public being there is - again - anyone's guess. The judge had to remind her that any physical space has capacity limitations. I would not be surprised to hear that she believes the three-dimensionality of space is a Jewish conspiracy.

Case put back for mention until Friday 7 June. Gemma didn't need her suitcase after all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Basically, she's asked the judge to rescue himself from the case because, as a barrister, he once represented former Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan. What this has to do with the current case is anyone's guess, but this is straight from the Burke playbook - disrupt proceedings by any means necessary.

Just in case you're unfamiliar, she previously doorstepped Callinan (which she reckons helped end her career with the Indo) and she is now suggesting that the judge potentially is biased.

She is also accusing him of potential bias due to comments he previously made in relation to German history.

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2024/04/12/judge-to-decide-whether-to-recuse-himself-from-harassment-case-against-gemma-odoherty/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

No end to the farce .

Is that her thinking or her legal counsel ?

Still think she is 'crazy' ?

won’t tell me she didn’t do that to delay proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was knocking on Callinan's door like an eejit that prompted the Indo to sack her IIRC.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Forget the incel torture fantasy, having to work at her trial (be it as court staff, Gardaí or the legal sector) is the real struggle session.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Not really

A lot of the Transphobic conspiracies originated with anti semitic stuff from Jennifer Bilek

https://progressive.org/magazine/antisemitism-meets-transphobia-greenesmith-lorber/

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-antisemitic-conspiracy-theories-fueling-transphobia/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement