Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Dotty arrested

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

Yes, she has been the same for a number of years now. But for many years she wasn't. The transition seems to have taken place over a small number of years. If she had always been this way, I'd be more comfortable condemning her.

My position isn't to defend her - it's to hold off from making a determination either way. I won't defend her unacceptable behaviour, but I'm also not comfortable with the idea that one day she decided to become a horrible person. I agree that "psychological issues" has become a very easy excuse for bad behaviour. Maybe some day we'll know for sure either way in this case. Or maybe not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

She's been defended via various tactics over the years. Saying she has Alzheimer's is an insult to people with that condition. It's a particularly cynical, desperate defence.

She's a vile human being. It really is that simple. She's abused various people over the years and has spread various racist and anti-vaxx conspiracy theories that have made real people suffer. If you want to defend her, that's fine but don't cynically use Alzheimer's disease sufferers for this end please. It's disgusting.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It's possible to both condemn her behaviour and think she probably needs help, that's not defending her.

"Saying she has Alzheimer's is an insult to people with that condition. It's a particularly cynical, desperate defence."

Who said that? If you're referring to my post, I said "I very much doubt she has Alzheimer's".

"She's a vile human being. It really is that simple."

I'd love to have your certainty. Life would be simpler for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

You cannot help people who do not want to be helped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That's a bad faith tactic, frankly. You know full well what you're doing.

We're done here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

That's fine, you can be done if you like. Or you can read my post again. I gave Alzheimers as an example of a condition that can alter somebody's personality, and wondered if there could be other conditions that can affect personality. I specifically said that I "very much doubted" Alzheimers is what she has.

If anything, your post is in bad faith, accusing me of saying something when in fact I said the opposite. But again I won't judge, we all have bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well she clearly has a GO’D complex y’all. Throw her away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,049 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Woman is clearly deranged. But dangerously so. Knows what she’s at

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Yeah you are immediately trying to muddy the water by throwing out comments referencing Alzheimer's.

She is a vile human being and deserves what she gets

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement

If by "muddy the water" you mean I'm suggesting that as well as the possibility that she's just a horrible person, there's also the possibility that she could have a real psychological condition, then yes, I am. I see the water being muddy, although I accept I'm in a minority here.

Although specifically on Alzheimers, I'm not sure I can be much clearer than stating "I very much doubt she has Alzheimer's". Somehow that has come to mean that I think she does have Alzheimer's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If it is so obvious to observers here she needs psychological help, why didn't the judge order anything along those lines today?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I have a Black & Decker hammer drill that will do the job just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Nowadays she just wins "The most obnoxious cnut in Ireland" award every year hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Shan Doras

I wonder how will Gemma feel about showering with Jacintha and shakira in the Dochas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Shoog

I have witnessed people's decent into CT thinking and the dark attraction that hard right then has over them. It happens very suddenly, sometimes in a few months. Its a form of group delusion but ultimately they made a choice to go down this path and have to face the consequences of that choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

For her maybe we could pull out and dust off the repealed Witchcraft Act of 1586 . Joking ;)

She and a few other supporters of her faith were outside one of the main Dublin hospitals screaming abuse at nurses and healthcare workers during Covid saying they were 'murdering people ' giving them vaccinations etc , when they were just going in to work.

Those people were afraid going to work during the worst time in the history of our health service for fear of abuse .They were being spat at by these people who were only removed by the police when they started throwing things at workers . Weeks later .

How is that fair or right ?

Those people worrying about HER and feeling for HER should be thinking how would they feel if some bxxxx attacked them or their family members when they were going to their place of work

It's well past time that she was made to pay for her behaviour .

I don't feel pity or sympathy for anyone who behaves like that to others and particularly somebody like her who has had a good education and life up to this .

I don't think she's crazy at all , that's a cop out ... she's an evil, toxic , violent individual .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Its grim to think that we cant call a mad auld bitch out for being a mad auld bitch without some bag of air gets offended

• she went of the rails after her husband died suddenly. Anyone would sympathise with that, but as I said yesterday, you’d think considering she’d have some cop on but despite the trauma she clearly went through she is happy to torment someone dealing with similarly.

That would draw the conclusion in my eyes that she’s a whacko.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Minor aside: he didn't die suddenly. He had MND

• Advertisement

• I thought it was still a bit of a shock decline in health though? From what I read previously he was sick but seemed to be doing fine until he just wasn’t anymore, but might be misremembering to be fair.

Hard to keep up with the GoD circus tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Shan Doras

The funniest moment Gemma had in recent weeks was when she said the following about some fella with a moderate Dub working class accent

"Why is he speaking like that, why doesn't he use his proper voice, I'm from the same town as that man and I don't speak like that"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I wonder what John Water's excuse is?

I the latest edition of The Irish Light, he's listed as Associate Editor (O'Doherty is Editor).

This is the kind of hateful filth the pair are publishing:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

What's the story with Waters now? Did he convert to some evangelical religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

This exactly

You said it as it is, a mad auld ****.

• simple- there’s no excuse for this crap!

They’re both whackos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭lmao10

She should be incarcerated, no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Yikes!

That kind of thing is oddly fascinating. If you were to sand the edges off of it a lot of the grievances underpinning it are common to the various rant threads in the CA forum.

The one big difference though is its fixation with Jewish people. I think your typical middle aged anti-wokista has no real truck with jewish people. In fact they'd call out the hard-left for being anti-semitic if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Jews are usually at the root of most conspiracy theories, maybe not explicitly. The QAnon nonsense of adrenochrome, for example, is a bit similar to the old ideas of blood libel.

Funny how all white Europeans are in one tier, I seem to remember that papists weren't exactly looked upon in a favourable light by protestants, and let's not forget about the Victorian ideas of the Irish.

Advertisement