Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭political analyst

Those retired generals who criticised Trump would have the resources to.

The mask slips again, but what are you even talking about here, I assume it's being irate that some Generals filed an amicus brief (which is cost-free to do really), but Gen. Mike Flynn had no similar resources and depended on a criminal pardon from Trump (thereby accepting guilt for his crimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Haven't seen the movie, but the lego character you posted has more realistic looking hair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

100% voting from a nursing home shocker. Maybe postal voting for those who can't easily make it to a polling station is a good idea?

As people tend to lean more to the right with age surely the GOP would be all over getting more seniors to vote however possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,091 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ah okay.

That makes it alright then. You've convinced me.

45 can go in and fire who he likes without cause, as they have the ability to spend tens of thousands of dollars, time, worry and stress in order to wait years for an uncertain ruling which may or may not be in their favour.

Or, and hear me out here, he shouldn't and you don't think he should either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sure remember when trump fired Alex Vindman's twin brother, Eugene a lt. colonel at the time, solely because Alex testified before the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Kalyke

https://thehill.com/homenews/4580429-house-democrat-on-naming-prison-after-trump-he-might-be-visiting-soon/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Rawr

I'm trying my best not to hope that Trump's block-headed arrogance will somehow still result in him losing his properties sooner rather than later. Trying not to hope that maybe over the course of the summer we could perhaps see those gold-plated Trump letters crowbared off Trump Tower, while Truth Social ends up bankrupt and to finish off the trifecta; Trump is maybe even crimanally charged over the hush-money thing.

I'm trying not to hope that, because the Orange rapist has the Devil's own luck it seems. Something stupid will come along to give him a break…again. I will be surprised if he actually starts to face consequences. Plesantly shocked…but shocked nonetheless.

With this hope I also have to wonder; if Trump lost the Trump Org, and was reduced to scraping the bottom of the now-spartan GOP funding barrel, could he still keep going? Already now, he's reduced the amounts of events or Trump rallys he's doing. He never really paid venues for even the 2016 rallies, but I'm guessing there is a whole host of practical day-to-day costs that you'd need just to make a rally happen, with cash on hand. My guess is that he's already critcally low on cash. If all of the things that should happen to him come to pass during the summer, what will he do?

He can of course still rant on Social Media. Arguably this was the most impactful marketing tools he had in 2016, and in the Twitter days it was essentially free for him to use it (none of this Truth Social nonsense). The Trump Cultists will still rally around him, but will he have the means to reach any other voter? The Biden campaign has loads of cash, and their canditate isn't pouring the contents of the warchest into legal bills or payments. Could be very one-sided marketing on the US airwaves in the run up to November, with only one side with enough cash for adverts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Presumably the stats are showing that even OAPs are swinging towards the Democrat vote; probably makes sense given an ageing population where the Boomers and GenX types start to die off. Nor is it surprising because on many key national issues the GOP are distinctly not representing the majority view … so of course given they're modus operandi is to have power at all costs, the solution is to make it harder for any and all people to actually vote.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Agree with you on the "I'll believe it when I see it" aspect of Trump actually feeling the consequences of his actions.

However , if those consequences do come to bear , the impacts will be rapid and very significant.

Trump entire business empire is a house of cards held together by layer after layer of loans and promissory notes and some very specific cash flow requirements.

He claimed a few months ago to have ~$400M in cash/liquid assets and the general consensus was that that figure was probably about right.

However the problem is that those assets largely cannot be touched as they are part of the terms & conditions for several of his loan agreements - Because he is deeply untrustworthy and has a long long history of stiffing lenders, his recent loans have come with stipulations that he hold X amount of liquid assets as collateral for the loans.

If the bond fails to get sorted on Monday and the NY AG is given the go ahead to seize assets , she'll empty the bank accounts first as those are the cleanest and easiest to do.

But - If he doesn't have that cash on hand , then he automatically defaults on multiple loans and be also has no money from which to pay the other loans which then starts the cascading effect of foreclosures and asset seizures.

TL:DR - It actually won't take much to utterly destroy him , removing a single brick from his jenga stack business and the whole lot collapses around him.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Rawr

Ah…yea….it all sounds so wonderful, and I really hope your nicely detailed description of how f*cked he is will come to pass. It's just that it's the hope that gets ya.

I would delight at the prospect of a summer full of foreclosures and unending failure for a man who bar very few others would deserve all of the misfortune in the world rained upon them.

If we're here next week looking at Trump's world collapse around him, I will gratefully toast your prediction. But again…I can't let it be real in my head until I actually see it happen.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Right there with you - until we see bailiffs changing the locks etc. I won't believe it either.

He does seem to have an incredible ability to wriggle off the hook over and over for sure.

But , a big big part of why he is fighting every little thing tooth and nail is that he knows how tenuous it all is , he knows that a single decent sized financial defeat and he is f*cked completely.

Even the E Jean Carroll ruling - If he has to hand over that cash , the knock-on effects to his overall business are potentially catastrophic.

If he loses that and the NY Fraud case his entire business "empire" is toast - He will lose everything* and there will be nothing left with the Trump name over the door.

*Rich persons version of "losing everything".. He'll still be rich and lead a charmed life compared to you and me , but on a relative scale he'll have nothing.

Ah…yea….it all sounds so wonderful, and I really hope your nicely detailed description of how f*cked he is will come to pass. It's just that it's the hopethat gets ya

Yup. Never underestimate how broken the US system already is (especially with about 70 million people still voting for the guy in 2020)

We can take interim solace from the ongoing collapse of his nonsense "social media empire".

Share price down another 9% today

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Stanley 1

Trump is keeping very quite about DJT, is it possible he has already pulled a stroke on it before it hit the Nasdaq, the auditors are total shlte and look handpicked by him.

I doubt it, the SEC will be all over that stock.

Also, he owns like 70% of the stock, if he was shifting any you'd see it in the volume.

Part of the reason the stock price is all over the shop is that there are so few shares being traded and in such low volumes because it's all Mom & Pop MAGAs buying it and not the big trading desks

Womp womp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have a watch of that legal eagle breakdown of it that I posted yesterday. The SEC certainly are not all over it and the whole fundamentals of the deal that took it public are as shady AF

Post edited by duploelabs on

• Advertisement

Which dimension have I jumped into?

It's almost like the prosecution requested a gag order and got it. And almost as if Trump's team thought they had a case for a gag order, they could similarly request one. Huh.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/donald-trump-sends-thank-you-to-incarcerated-felon-michael-avenatti-ahead-of-hush-money-trial/

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Plus I get the feeling Trump is more interested in other wars …. namely with Iran …. his presidential term was defined by doing all he could to try to get Iran to start a war … and he did everything he could to make sure Iran's then moderate govt failed …. you can be certain Trump will start a war with Iran the next time as there will be no Covid 19 and/or more moderate entities within his next admin to stop him ….

The Republicans are obsessed with war …. especially against Muslim countries …. they seem to have accepted Russia as an equal partner especially as Trump seems to be a friend of Putin …. I can see some 'Iran for Ukraine' deal between them …. Russia gives up Iran and America gives up Ukraine …. America bombs Iran maybe even nukes to make it capitulate to a Versailles-like treaty and Russia does the same with Ukraine ….

Anyone who boasts about being 'illiberal' is dangerous … Orban more or less made this term famous and he is one to watch …. those who proudly follow those who claim they are 'illiberal' are walking straight into dictatorship as illiberal literally means unfree …. it is clear very clear some do not stop and think what these words even mean !! Whether right or left does not matter as much as whether a person defines themselves as illiberal or not …. run a mile from anyone who boasts of being illiberal and never ever let them into power whether they claim to be illiberal right or illiberal left …. illiberal means they do NOT value freedom and democracy …..

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Only of course the solution was NEVER found or found and kept anyway …. 45 years later this is still going on …. and Trump moreso than anyone else does all he can to keep animosity going between America and Iran …. a solution was found with Obama, Hassan Rouhani and JCPOA which served Iran and US well …. but then foambrain came into office and ruined that deliberately …. an Iran war would be the last thing the world needs and the one thing stuffngbrain Trump would give us for sure ….

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Perhaps Michael Avenatti is hoping for a second Trump term and a pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Foambrain and stuffingbrain are new to me! Got any others? Rudepundit uses 'orange cockmite' which is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was referring only to the release of the hostages. I thought that was pretty clear.

Trumps zombie army in the House killed a bill to re-authorise part of the FISA act yesterday.

It had almost complete support until Trump truthed out "KILL FISA" and “IT WAS ILLEGALLY USED AGAINST ME, AND MANY OTHERS. THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN!!!”.

So they voted changed their minds and voted against it.

The only problem is that the bill they killed has nothing to do with the particular FISA act that Trump is complaining about. In fact Trump himself proudly announced his support for this variant when he signed it into law during his term.

But , he heard "FISA" and vomited out nonsense and his pavlovian gimps responded..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

the abortion video that trump put out last weekend has really backfired. The Arizona republicans have more or less told trump to **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

For the first time in a long time Trump and Biden are neck and neck with the bookies for November

Advertisement