Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trump doesn't care about that money anymore. It was someone else's money that got paid as the bond. He'll lose the appeal. EJC will get paid. Trump will whine on the remains of his social media site. He'll get taken to court again. The person who paid his bond will chase him for the money. Trump will delay and not pay.

It's true that Trump won't hand over money to EJC, but she'll get paid. Trump just then has debts to someone different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Suppose if Trump gets in there probably won't BE a Gaza left to save, so watch him be declared peacemaker as Trump hugs Netanyahu over the rubble of Gaza & the former's success where Biden failed. I can already predict the posts here ...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

who does he want to step in, another “lone wolf?”

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

There are some very nasty people in America who will vote for guys like Trump …. we must remember Trump is pandering to them and selling himself to them …. not they following him …. Trump was once a pro Obama moderate but now has sold out to madmen and dimwits ….

Hardline Americans are often lacking in education, in job prospects and in common decency … even when one confronts their hateful remarks regarding Biden's 'dementia' they continue to be heartless idiots …. even when one reminds them they too may end up with illness …. these people are truly evil and are the reason why we have candidates like Trump selling themselves ….

America if it can produce these vile creature has something wrong within it …. this crowd have been the inspiration for countless American dystopias like The Handmaid's Tale, The Postman, The Testaments, and even a new one called simply Civil War … and that is where America is heading … into some kind of a real world Republic of Gilead … if Trump and eventually the real fanatics he panders to gain power ….

Their hatred will lead America into a dangerous protracted war with Iran which will see the Paydari regime eradicated within a few weeks followed by a dangerous and economy ruining period of insurgency, chaos and piracy …. Tea Party fanatics have been calling for the Iran war for years … and Trump got very very close to it in 2019/2020 and perhaps only Covid halted it …. next time around he will resume this war and this time there won't be Covid 19 or any moderates in his cabinet to stop him and his even more fanatic henchmen from starting this evil war …

At home Trump and the eventual rise of the real leader of this vile 'Republic of Gilead' movement will start curbing people's freedoms …. purging the Republicans of all moderate voices and this has been almost complete already … then moving to ban the Democrats and then imposing a watered down version of the Handmaid's Tale society …. it won't be as draconian as that but be sure that white far right males with a chip on their shoulder will have much more rights than anyone else ….

you can be sure …. Trump would sell himself as 'peacemaker' … Ukraine the same … he may get lucky that these wars run their course …. but Trump will say he has been the 'peacemaker' …. and then he will commence his main plan … bomb Iran and kill millions of innocent people …. leaving yet another country in ruins ….

• Advertisement

This Trump saying he is America's Nelson Mandela … what an insult to Mandela … Trump is an opportunistic failed businessman pandering to a vile group of individuals who should never be encouraged …. Mandela was a true leader fighting against the very kind of racist oppression Trump's racist followers would seek to impose …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

At the current rate of destruction will there be a Gaza by November or January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Field east

I think that the Hamas /Hamas side have got cameras /video capability too so it would be hard to keep the destruction of buildings , human suffering, etc, etc under raps!!!!!!!!!! What a naieve comment from Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

This is 100% the biggest risk to Biden.

Trump has a very high floor but low enough ceiling so his supporters will come out no matter what.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The scuttlebutt is that Trump's trying to strangle Ukraine of arms (through diktats to the GOP cult) so Kyiv runs out and basically have to accept Russian peace-terms; then in comes Trump to proclaim "Biden's" war is over and peace has arrived. We already know the Border Bill has been killed 'cos Trump wants the glory.

Nothing about this has been confirmed, but it's a circumstantial chain of events that read valid and credible IMO. In which case, MAGA and Trump are indeed precise threats to world stability and peace, despite paper centrists' claims otherwise. Europe's current existential crisis is at the feet of American political Republicans, who have aligned themselves with TRump and a clear preference for Russia's strongman and illiberal politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Shades of the Iran hostage crisis. Carter got the blame because there was no progress but as soon as Reagan was sworn in a solution was suddenly found.

Indeed, although like everything else MAGA it's a grotesque mutation of previous GOP behaviour: this time a whole country's autonomy is on the line, its population dying, the rest of the continent having to turn itself into a partial war footing - all while Trump fiddles and the likes of MLG shriek. Just so Trump can proclaim faux-peace

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And probably also not unlike back then, lots of illegal treasonous back channel deals being made to try to make Trump look good.

Details of his "great plan to end the war in 24hrs" have emerged and to absolutely no ones surprise , the "plan" is to give Russia everything it wants by allowing them to retain Crimea , Donbas and other areas where according to Trump , the locals would be perfectly happy to be Russians.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think this is down to their refusal to politically assassinate Hunter Biden for them. I honestly think the rapist really is that petty.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There is no question about that.

Trump is a petty, petulant child and he absolutely considers Ukraine an "enemy" purely because they wouldn't do his bidding to smear Biden.

His only thought is about himself , Ukraine were mean to him so he'll do everything he can to hurt them to make himself feel better regardless of what that might mean to everyone else.

So yes , he is that petty and he is that utterly self-involved.

My brain hurts trying to figure out how this toad Whatley rationalises Ukraine as being "more aggressive on the world front" while simultaneously fighting an existential war.

I guess I'm just not a big enough cúnt to pull the kind of mental gymnastics required to come out with this rubbish, just so I can fluff the ego of a wannabe king.

Mind you, I'm reading here that Whatney was part of the team that pursued the bullshít Florida recount from 2000, so clearly democracy is a thin concept in this guy's head in the first place. Party of Lincoln my áss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

To be honest Gaza and Ukraine,may be what Covid was to Trump, large geopolitical events that could prevent a relatively easy re election.

Also noticeable is the country he DIDN'T mention in his list of "adversaries".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Except Americans aren't dying in their thousands due to the ineptitude of the administration with Gaza and Ukraine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,083 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don’t think Trump wants to win y’all.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaking-trump-tells-execute-the-baby-lie-in-big-abortion-announcement/

“Roe, Roe, Roe your vote…”

Way to take a position without taking any position whatsoever there Donny…

The most typical Trump "statement" there is - Lots of lies , hyperbole and absolutely nothing concrete in terms of an actual position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

No it's not exactly the same but both issues may mobilise voters against Biden like Covid did against Trump. Without Covid Trump I think would have beaten Biden.

Shít like this is precisely why some have opined that "satire is dead"; where do you go and what do you say in response to the fact a former President and current GOP Presidential Candidate spoke about Democrats wanting to "execute" just-born babies?

Sometimes a comment is so stupid, so beyond the realms of rational thought that there's almost no response, no obvious entry point - apart from "who said that, where does it say that?", but DJT has closed off any kind of interaction with mainstream media and his toadies content to spout the same nonsense and scream Fake News!! when anybody does try.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump is filming attack ads against himself #TDS

• Registered Users Posts: 28,226 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump lies when he speaks, and appears to believe his lies - stuff about biggest crowds and how popular he is, and when he is rambling at his rallies.

However, when he is talking about material that he just has to say because it is 'policy' - the stuff in the video above about abortion and Roe v. Wade, speeches that he reads out but has no interest in and cares less about, he does a thing with his mouth where he spreads his bottom lip away from his teeth and makes a particular expression. He is absolutely the most transparent, artificial bot type individual. Where is the charisma? Why do people believe him? He is the original ringmaster for 'bread and circuses', without the bread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I hope he doesn't look directly at the eclipse this time round today #mindyoureyesTrump

Is it bad that I hope he does?

I'm going to hell anyway, so might as well enjoy the ride.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Detritus70

It's nice to see his stock dropping further after circling the drain around 40 on Friday.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And the Dow close to hitting 40 thousand recently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement