Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Anybody watching this series?" thread [read mod note in OP]

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I've watched the first two episodes and I've got mixed feelings. I feel there's a lot wrong with the story so far, particularly the Irish angle.I've read some very critical reviews and I can't disagree with what they're saying. But, I have to admit I really enjoyed watching it despite finding fault. I like the characters (especially Dante and Bardon), I like the whole style of it, and I love the music, which is why I decided to watch it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭drury..

Going to give Huset (prisoner) a go

Lead actress from The Killing(danish version )is in it

Apparently Ripley is not as good as some reviews suggest so might can that one

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Have to third or fourth Kinnamin in the Killing, superb.

Coma which aired on C5 a few weeks back was a huge step up from their usual fare.

The Jason Watkins and Jonas Armstrong scenes are very well done, funny, tense and you feel sorry for Watkins. How do you say no to the guy who nobody says no to!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭winstonia

Enjoyed the first 2 eps of the Colin Farrell new one on Apple. I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Ripley is worth a watch, black and white, great shots of Italy. Based on the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I watched episode 4 last night I find it very relaxing, some neck on ripley

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Yeah, very slow paced and not for everyone but beautiful and enthralling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Has this also got Ben Kingsley in it, he's brilliant in the film version.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think it's seriously good. So different from everytrhing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Somebody mentioned Girls5eva somewhere before, and there doesn't seem to be a thread on it. Billed as a musical comedy, the "musical" part put me off straightaway, but I happened to see the trailer, and it seemed quite funny. I've watched the first three and really like it.

I got a Tina Fey vibe off it, then noticed she's one of the many exec producers.

3 seasons of it, so lots to forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did a binge on The Cleaning Lady, Arman is a big loss, complex but a character with heart, well played by actor, RIP, and great chemistry with leading lady Toni

Anyone watching The Vanishing Triangle on VM1, was tonight the finale, if so what a let down and the era was confusing me as was not sure if 90s or 00s and why a gay detective, more wrong than right and it had a good premise for an Irish drama thriller that started out good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I watched it. It was good in parts and kept me watching, but a lot of flaws. I didn't see any issues with the setting - it seemed right for mid-90s to me. I thought the acting was quite good and the basic premise of the story was interesting. It lost its way though and the ending was very unsatisfactory. I really disliked the obvious reference to and embellishment of a real case though, it was disrespectful and unnecessary.

I've just finished watching Screw. I thought it was brilliant. Very disappointed to read it has apparently been cancelled, especially with series 2 ending with a cliffhanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I started watching "The Veil" recently. I think it's a French program but it's excellent. Lot's of tension and great scenes and acting in it. Only two episodes so far. My only worry is that they have kind of rushed it a bit and am not sure now where the next episodes will go as after the first two the whole plot of it seems to change. I could be wrong. Be interesting to see.

Murder in Provence is quite enjoyable on VM3 with Endeavour actor Roger Allan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I started watching the Changeling. I'm not sure whats going on, it's slow but its very interesting.

parish, I’m 3 episodes in and it’s very good so far

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

Dark Matter with Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Connelly is good, 2 episodes released so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement